PDA

View Full Version : Four Anstruther lads lost....

percy toboggan
29-Oct-06, 18:07
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, if it has then it quickly slipped down the board. These guys were a long way out and got caught in atrocious weather didn't they? Another tragedy in a long line of tragedies besetting brave men of the sea. They don't wear fancy uniforms and they don't all have BB film crews following them but these unsung heroes deserve mention whenever the elements catch them out , and when they don't!!
Eeking a precarious living from the sea is a way of life for many and I just can't imagine the way these guys feel out there in a storm tossed sea onboard tiny boats, where the deep valleys between enormous wave smust bring fear of death by the minute, if not the second.

Brave men, to hwom few monuments are ever erected. The price of Coley , and all the other harvest which turns up on our plates to be enjoyed with barely a thought for the hazardous lifestyle of those who provide.

sam
29-Oct-06, 19:44
my heart goes out to their families, these poor men they dont get anywhere near the recognition they deserve for a thankless job :~(

connieb19
29-Oct-06, 20:15
my heart goes out to their families, these poor men they dont get anywhere near the recognition they deserve for a thankless job :~(My thoughts exactly. :(

percy toboggan
29-Oct-06, 20:20
Sorry folks, I've been advised these men were not fishing. However they were doing a valuable job in hostile conditions and I stand by them, my comments and all the guys who go out looking for fish.

buggyracer
29-Oct-06, 23:11
there quota had run out for the year, they were doing guard work for a oil rig to pay the bills, they couldnt fish any longer so had to do this, had they have been fishing i think they would have been out of there a long time ago, terrible shame that this has happened, never mind all the spanish and johnny foreigners will benifit from one less scottish boat to catch there fish, another success story of the EU??

pultneytooner
29-Oct-06, 23:24
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, if it has then it quickly slipped down the board. These guys were a long way out and got caught in atrocious weather didn't they? Another tragedy in a long line of tragedies besetting brave men of the sea. They don't wear fancy uniforms and they don't all have BB film crews following them but these unsung heroes deserve mention whenever the elements catch them out , and when they don't!!
Eeking a precarious living from the sea is a way of life for many and I just can't imagine the way these guys feel out there in a storm tossed sea onboard tiny boats, where the deep valleys between enormous wave smust bring fear of death by the minute, if not the second.

Brave men, to hwom few monuments are ever erected. The price of Coley , and all the other harvest which turns up on our plates to be enjoyed with barely a thought for the hazardous lifestyle of those who provide.
Precisely percy, it's hard to think when you eat fish of whatever kind, the hardship that goes into bringing that to your plate.