PDA

View Full Version : New cafe in Wick?

cuddlepop
29-Oct-06, 17:47
Noticed a few months ago an advert for a cafe manager for an up and coming eating establishment.Today in the Sunday Mail there advertising again for one and various other posts.
Where is this place?They say there operating newly built 7 day a week customer and staff cafe. Who are Avenance the company whose requesting your CV,will do a search but local knowledge is everything;)

connieb19
29-Oct-06, 17:49
Noticed a few months ago an advert for a cafe manager for an up and coming eating establishment.Today in the Sunday Mail there advertising again for one and various other posts.
Where is this place?They say there operating newly built 7 day a week customer and staff cafe. Who are Avenance the company whose requesting your CV,will do a search but local knowledge is everything;)Tesco....:D

martin macdonald
29-Oct-06, 17:53
no anither cafe:eek:

cuddlepop
29-Oct-06, 17:53
Thanks Connie ,now I feel stupid but why didn't they say it was for Tesco.:confused

Fran
29-Oct-06, 18:14
The advertisement in the paper says to apply to Tesco, Inverness. Tesco's cafes are very good and they even do childrens meals and sandwiches. The one in Thurso's Safeway always closes so early.
Safeway in wick got planning permission for an instore cafe but never went ahead with it.

cuddlepop
29-Oct-06, 18:18
The advert in the mail just gives a Strathclyde Business Park address No mention of Tesco.Where else have they got the advert.?
They've been advertising for a manager for this cafe for months,something they not telling us?

aileenmac
29-Oct-06, 18:31
I heard they were opening a cafe at the airport.

Lavenderblue2
29-Oct-06, 18:38
I'm not sure, but I seem to remember that Tesco cafe's are now operated under a franchise cuddlepop - that would at least account for the fact that Tesco isn't mentioned in the advertisement.

LB

cuddlepop
29-Oct-06, 20:18
THat sounds more like it Lavenderblue,a franchise:eek: could be the jobs not very secure then.

Moira
29-Oct-06, 21:09
Yes - Avenance are the caterers in Tesco's stores.

I remember being surprised at the name shown on a receipt, while filling in my expenses claim some time ago. I was desperately trying to remember when I had visited this "Avenance" on my travels - it sounded quite "grand" & probably worth remembering. The date, etc. on the receipt & my diary confirmed it was a double expresso at Tesco, Inverness, before driving north... Ah well .. the expresso kept me alert for the long drive.

Don't know if this is a franchise or a subsidiary of Tesco - googled the link if anyone wants to check it out :-
www.avenance.co.uk (http://www.avenance.co.uk)

scorrie
29-Oct-06, 22:01
The advertisement in the paper says to apply to Tesco, Inverness. Tesco's cafes are very good and they even do childrens meals and sandwiches. The one in Thurso's Safeway always closes so early.
Safeway in wick got planning permission for an instore cafe but never went ahead with it.

Of course Tesco's cafe will have no effect whatever on the existing local cafes.

Fran
30-Oct-06, 01:41
I'm not sure, but I seem to remember that Tesco cafe's are now operated under a franchise cuddlepop - that would at least account for the fact that Tesco isn't mentioned in the advertisement.

LB
I saw the ad in the P & J and Im sure it was in the Groat too, and at the bottom it says to apply to a name at Tesc,Inverness. Im sure this is the name for all Tescos cafes.

cuddlepop
30-Oct-06, 10:47
THanks everyone.Your lucky your getting a cafe in your new Tesco.When the Co Op built there new store up here they gave into local pressure and withdrew there proposal for one.:~(