PDA

View Full Version : Hail with Thunder and Lightning

Kodiak
05-Jan-12, 01:01
Sheesh, the weather at the moment. The Hail Is Battering down, We are Getting Bright flashes of Lightning with Loud Peels of Thunder a few secondes later. The last Peel of Thunder was loud enough to shake our house. Oh yes not forgetting the strong winds to to complete the weather cycle.

Hope this clears a bit for tomorrw as I need to get out to buy some food.

pirateeye
05-Jan-12, 01:21
rather rough isn't it not nice at all frightening the animals poor things wonder how strong the wind is blowing...
i'll be too nervous to look out the window in the morning in case of more fences brought down or worse!
how long is it supposed to last?

Kevin Milkins
05-Jan-12, 02:26
We are not getting thunder here in Wick, but the wind and rain lashing at the bedroom window has kept me awake, (again).
It will good to have some settled weather again.

chocolatechip
05-Jan-12, 11:28
Where was the thunder and lightning? We didn't have any here in Lybster it was just the heavy, heavy rain and wind

shazzap
05-Jan-12, 12:01
Sheesh, the weather at the moment. The Hail Is Battering down, We are Getting Bright flashes of Lightning with Loud Peels of Thunder a few secondes later. The last Peel of Thunder was loud enough to shake our house. Oh yes not forgetting the strong winds to to complete the weather cycle.

Hope this clears a bit for tomorrw as I need to get out to buy some food.

Do an on-line shop, better to be safe, when the weather is so extreme. We too are getting the same weather.

Loraine
05-Jan-12, 12:38
Where was the thunder and lightning? We didn't have any here in Lybster it was just the heavy, heavy rain and wind

The lightning was in Thurso area. I think it must have been sheet lightning, didn't see any forks just massive flashes of light and loud rolls of thunder afterward!!! Glad it's all over - apart from the wind.....:eek:

Dadie
05-Jan-12, 12:43
We had a couple of flashes and rumbles in Watten last night.
Its still a bit breezy with rain/hailstones added just for fun!

Liz
05-Jan-12, 13:48
We had thunder in Reiss as well and the hailstones were really big! They rattled so hard against the windows I thought they would break!

I hate this weather! :(

chocolatechip
05-Jan-12, 14:03
We're just getting the wind and the hailstones, I used to hate the thunder and lightning when I was young but don't mind it so much now

Hibeechick
05-Jan-12, 14:09
Definitely roaring thunder in Wick last night, loudest i've ever heard it xxx

teddybear1873
05-Jan-12, 15:52
I have been loving the windy, cold weather in Caithness since I came back just before New Year. Shame I have to back to 75 degree weather next Tuesday. Have to admit, I was hoping for some blin drift and 2 feet of the white stuff.

pat
05-Jan-12, 17:17
Dinna speak too soon teddybear1873, you never know what is ahead!

pat
05-Jan-12, 18:12
Dinna speak too soon teddybear1873, you never know what is ahead!