PDA

View Full Version : Thurso shops

fraz
04-Jan-12, 14:02
Obviously Thurso shops must have had a good year last year as most of them are still shut. Pity Inverness wasnt closer:(

Birons
04-Jan-12, 14:36
It's busy here in Wick.

www.birons.co.uk

Kodiak
04-Jan-12, 14:42
Perhaps the Shopkeepers took one look at the weather and decided that another day off was the best idea. For that I dont blame them as it is chucking it down and has been all day.

Roll on the Summer, at least then the rain is a little bit warmer. :D

poppett
04-Jan-12, 15:44
Was in Birons just before New Year. A lovely little shop. Will be back for a proper browse very soon.

winston
04-Jan-12, 16:43
Obviously Thurso shops must have had a good year last year as most of them are still shut. Pity Inverness wasnt closer:(

I know a shop that was open between Christmas and New year, and is open today and each day they saw between 1 and 3 customers a day.Can you really blame some shops having an extra day or two at this time of year???

fraz
04-Jan-12, 16:56
I know a shop that was open between Christmas and New year, and is open today and each day they saw between 1 and 3 customers a day.Can you really blame some shops having an extra day or two at this time of year???. Ah well at least it saved me some money.

mi16
04-Jan-12, 17:31
to be honest the shopping experience in Thurso leaves a lot to be desired, basic manners seems to be very lacking in these places.
Not even a smile to the customer.

trix
04-Jan-12, 17:46
shops??

i da ken how anyone can afford til shop at 'iss time o' year....am skint!!

hev til pay ma car ensurance in a couple o' days so am avoidin any shops til 'e last week in january.

what ye's hevin for yer tea enite dad? :lol:

Rheghead
04-Jan-12, 18:01
It's busy here in Wick.

www.birons.co.uk

Popped by yesterday at 2pm and thought I'd get some of your bird seed on sale and you were closed.

dblonde
04-Jan-12, 21:22
Myself and a few others were waiting outside Bews the butchers today. Said it would be open at 2, waited until 2.20 and left in the huff as still no one there!

theone
04-Jan-12, 21:34
Popped by yesterday at 2pm and thought I'd get some of your bird seed on sale and you were closed.

Yesterday was a public holiday in Scotland.

ShelleyCowie
04-Jan-12, 21:41
Shops are open pretty much all year round apart from a few days here and there. Can the world not stop working for a little while? Or was it something mega urgent?

pumkin
04-Jan-12, 21:51

What's the point in the shops been open? I mean come on & tell us now. For one shop to be open is pointless, all the shops need to be open for people to get a full shopping experience. & there's obviously a reason that one shop was open, because the rest of the shopkeepers knew that there wasn't going to be any custom. How did they know this? Experience!

Go back to Hangover Land you numpty, maybe you can use the money you saved to bounce your big head down to Inverness, & even there you'll find most places to be closed.

Birons
04-Jan-12, 23:13

Sorry I missed you Rheghead, we did put our opening hours on the website www.birons.co.uk (http://www.birons.co.uk) and that we would be opening on Wednesday the 4th.

The 20% off bird feed will remain throughout January so hope to catch you next time over.

fraz
05-Jan-12, 11:26
Hey Shelley it was a last minute thing or things which I needed for yesterday,with hindsight I should have been prepared beforehand.Pumkin I look forward to experiencing the "full shopping experience in Thurso" sometime :-)

pumkin
05-Jan-12, 13:36
Pumkin I look forward to experiencing the "full shopping experience in Thurso" sometime :-)

Aye well you'll not experience anything whilst in Hangover Land...