PDA

View Full Version : Blackcap Warblers

Rheghead
29-Oct-06, 14:58
Both female and male seen in the garden. Desperately tried to get a photo but the light was getting bad!:~(

kas
29-Oct-06, 19:51
Nice one, I had a lovely female in my garden for a few weeks last November, she loved apples chopped in half. Catherine saw some last Sunday between Shebster and Broubster, both female and male. I have never seen a male myself.

catherine nicol
29-Dec-06, 21:20
Nice one, I had a lovely female in my garden for a few weeks last November, she loved apples chopped in half. Catherine saw some last Sunday between Shebster and Broubster, both female and male. I have never seen a male myself.

Catherine also had a male visit regularly during November. Only seen it once this month though. Set all the apples outside the patio doors but still didn't get a photo !

Saw the female once in November.

Although haven't seen either for a few weeks the apples are gathering quite a number of blackbirds now. Enjoyed no less than 12 early yesterday morning in the back garden and a single thrush and one robin.

I have set the alarm for early am tomorrow so hopefully weather will allow a little birdwatching.

Rin