PDA

View Full Version : Minister to visit storm-hit area

Kingetter
29-Oct-06, 14:06
The deputy environment minister is to visit Dingwall to see the extent of the damage caused by recent floods.
Rhona Brankin will be accompanied by Highland Council convenor Alison Magee and local councillor Caroline Wilson during the visit on Sunday afternoon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/6096168.stm

No further north? Why not?

peter macdonald
29-Oct-06, 14:18
Aye and why has it taken so long for even this token action to occur ????
Still curious to know why Jamie Stone was not allowed to ask his question about the floods to Jack MacConnell on Friday...

martin macdonald
29-Oct-06, 14:25
i hope they bring their cheque books:Razz

Alice in Blunderland
29-Oct-06, 14:41
This came up a while ago when Jamie was trying to ask a question in parliament for us.It seems that you enter a request to ask a question in advance, this goes into a computer which randomly picks the questions so you are not guaranteed to be picked.The only other way of asking your question is to interupt a debate stand up and shout which is frowned upon.:confused

peter macdonald
29-Oct-06, 14:53
I wondered about the problem being procedural .... thanks for that Alice

sapphire
29-Oct-06, 15:03
.The only other way of asking your question is to interupt a debate stand up and shout which is frowned upon.

But surely this was important enough an issue for him to chance the backlash.....I wonder if anyone else would have done it if it was happening in their area? :confused
Guess we don't count for much!

( I'm not picking on you Alice it's just that last bit of your answer made me think.... I know it doesn't happen often...before anyone else says it!).lol :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
29-Oct-06, 21:21
But surely this was important enough an issue for him to chance the backlash.....I wonder if anyone else would have done it if it was happening in their area?
Guess we don't count for much!

( I'm not picking on you Alice it's just that last bit of your answer made me think.... I know it doesn't happen often...before anyone else says it!).lol

Didnt think you were picking on me at all.:D Its the stupidest of ways of getting to ask a question as Jamie had in to ask about the nursery closures during the education debates and never got picked.