PDA

View Full Version : bt home hub

purplelady
03-Jan-12, 01:15
Can anyone tell me if i buy a bt home hub as mine is not working propery and bt will not give me a new one how does it work do I just put the hub number etc in my pooter or do I have to imform bt have a new hub xxx

theone
03-Jan-12, 01:39
It's an easy changeout, just replace the old with the new and put your new passcode into your computers.

You can pick them up quite cheap on ebay.

Bobinovich
03-Jan-12, 02:07
If you're outwith your contract period and they refuse to give you a new hub, then sometimes the simple mention of moving to another provider will often produce the desired results. Same with Sky but say you're planning moving to Freeview...

dx100uk
03-Jan-12, 02:54
Can anyone tell me if i buy a bt home hub as mine is not working propery and bt will not give me a new one how does it work do I just put the hub number etc in my pooter or do I have to imform bt have a new hub xxx

whats it not doing?

what have you tried

dx

carrepairman
03-Jan-12, 08:09
I have a brand new one still boxed, You are welcome to it gratis, collect from near Lybster.

EDDIE
03-Jan-12, 10:38
JUst ask bt for your mac code and if they ask why are you leaving just say i can get a free router if if sign up with say orange i bet u will get a free hub then might be worth while haveing a look at other broadband providers to see if u can get a better deal if bt is being like that.

purplelady
03-Jan-12, 20:40
whats it not doing?I have to restart everytime i put my pooter on it also drops speed all the time sometimes have no signal at all bt say its nothing to do with them or router xxxx

what have you tried

dxI have been on to bt who have checked it all and say nothing is wrong , everytime i turn my pooter on have to restart hub and at times have no signal at all driving me nuts it is x

bekisman
03-Jan-12, 20:56
Did similar thing with Virginmedia a while back, my router was playing up, was jarred off getting nowhere, so rang em up - pushed various prompts till I got Cancellations, said I was totally switched off with their action on my router and I was thinking of leaving them.. "shall I send you a MAC sir"? they said straightaway..
I waffled a bit and said leave it.. but I did actually leave them and am now on btinternet..

purplelady
03-Jan-12, 21:26
have got a new hub for a tenner so hopeing that will be the end of my problems if not will be on to bt xxx