PDA

View Full Version : The X-Factor - Injustice

weeboyagee
29-Oct-06, 10:45
It's that time of the year again where I get addicted to the tele - for all I watch of it - just to get riled by the judges of the X-Factor. Last night I agreed with Dionne going out. The other one on my list was Ashley. He fluffed his words on live TV (as if I have never done that?....) was as flat as a pancake, tuneless and very obviously one of the bottom two. He got a second chance at it and the only thing he did better was remember his words - even then you knew the point where he was just about going to do it again!!! I bet Kelly was NOT in the bottom 2 yet the rules determined her to sing again and the judges put her out.

OK, it's only a programme, heh-heh!!!!

Kelly sang her heart out with utter professionalism but Louis saying that she had peaked rattled me. Simon was bang on when he said Eton Rd were a mess - but they got through to the next round - thank the public for knowing they had not peaked!!!!! They need to establish a lead singer - that doesn't sing as though he needs a looser pair of jeans on - top D my backside :eyes - that last note was a screech, badly executed and painful to the ear! Aha are the only band that I know where the lead singer spanned nearly three octaves during the song - Take On Me and last night was no repeat or anything like it!

I really enjoyed some of the other acts though - The MacDonald Brothers are a real slice of Scottish-ness - they have character, they are fun, they sound good, look good and are quality entertainment. Ben is a certainty for the final as is the bare-footed wonder with the lovely blue eyes and one of the most artistic voices I have heard in years......

WBG :cool:

luskentyre
29-Oct-06, 10:56
Totally agree - Kerry was streets ahead of Ashley, who looked bored, sounded bored, sang off-key and looked a mess.

auldalto
29-Oct-06, 11:03
Leona is definitely going to be the winner!

neepnipper
29-Oct-06, 11:31
Thought Dionne was ok, just something not quite there with her. Kerry was good but not special. Sorry, but the MacDonalds have zero charisma and sing all their songs with silly grins on their faces, should have gone in the first week.

Leona or Ben to win.

dragonfly
29-Oct-06, 12:08
The MacDonald Bros are the modern day equivalent of The Proclaimers!!!! can't see what the public like about them??

Ben is BRILL!!!

Piglet
29-Oct-06, 12:45
Totally agree with you weeboyagee.

I thought kerry was fantastic last night one of the best - sad to see her go. :(

highlander2222
29-Oct-06, 13:42
The MacDonald Bros are the modern day equivalent of The Proclaimers!!!! can't see what the public like about them??

Ben is BRILL!!!

Nothing wrong with the PROCLAIMERS!!!!!

porshiepoo
29-Oct-06, 15:57
Ray to win!!!!!!!
Ben is great too but I didn't like Kerry (If she says one more time 'I want people to see past the wheelchair' - well we blinkin would if you'd let us love.)
McDonald brothers are just light entertainment I'm afraid (and then only the part where Simon has his say).

I also really don't see the big thing about Leona, yes she's a good singer but she's sooooo annoying with her fake shyness!

Eton Rd aren't fantastic at the mo but once they get the performance right they'll be unstoppable.

Ashley sounds like a girl!!!!

Ray is the only one on there that actually brings a smile to the face when he sings.

weeboyagee
29-Oct-06, 17:03
Ray to win!!!!!!!........Ray is the only one on there that actually brings a smile to the face when he sings.
Oh Porshiepoo,....you've got to be joking surely? The wee boy has barely got out of his nappies! He has a good voice, sang well and deserved to go through to the next round but X-Factor, hmmm,......can't see it, sorry!

Ben is the strongest - and he plays the piano - that will go a long way - I think that he is the X-Factor despite the fun of the MacDonald Brothers and the teeny-bopper appeal of Eton Rd. I agree, Leona is too soft, great voice but hasn't got the strength of character that the winner will need - I think.

Julz
29-Oct-06, 19:51
Is it jst me or does every1 else see how cocky Ashlee is???? it's really gettin on ma nerves now! i'm sorry to sya that the Macdonald Bros arent that gr8 they were gd last nite but i thought they should've gone last week they dont seem to have strong enough voices!! Defo want Ben to win he reminds me of a mixture o Brian Adams and Rod Stewart excellant!!!!

porshiepoo
29-Oct-06, 20:50
Oh Porshiepoo,....you've got to be joking surely? The wee boy has barely got out of his nappies! He has a good voice, sang well and deserved to go through to the next round but X-Factor, hmmm,......can't see it, sorry!

May the good lord strike you down! ;)
He has it all. He's a great singer with room for improvement (and age on his side to do it), he's got a corking smile, is a great performer, isn't up his own backside and is really genuine. If thats not the X factor then what is?????

Ben is the strongest - and he plays the piano - that will go a long way - I think that he is the X-Factor despite the fun of the MacDonald Brothers and the teeny-bopper appeal of Eton Rd. I agree, Leona is too soft, great voice but hasn't got the strength of character that the winner will need - I think.

Yay! another one that plays an instrument while he sings. Whoopee! :lol:
He can sing theres no denying that but his voice will get annoying soon - he constantly sounds like he needs to cough - and he just doen't suit anything other than rock!
Ashley just has the weirdest voice eh? Very girlie!

Ray to win, Ray to win, Ray to win!!!!!!

KitKat
29-Oct-06, 23:46
Is it just me or does anyone else think the standard is just not as good as last year? I thought that last year, any one of the top three or four acts could go on to be household names but this year I am struggling to think of any who would still be making records in a couple of years. I was surprised when one of the judges said on TV that the standard this year is much higher. My hearing must be going, because this year most of them sound out of tune.

weeboyagee
30-Oct-06, 00:38
Is it just me or does anyone else think the standard is just not as good as last year?.......My hearing must be going, because this year most of them sound out of tune
Nope - your hearing is just fine - I thoroughly agree with you - last year was much higher. This year the sound engineers should be shot - and that is no excuse for the awful singing out of tune - the guy with the scarf round his neck in Eton Rd and Ashley to name two last night!

May the good lord strike you down! He has it all. He's a great singer with room for improvement (and age on his side to do it), he's got a corking smile, is a great performer, isn't up his own backside and is really genuine. If thats not the X factor then what is?????
I'm quoting you as saying that and not me porshie - think you got your keys in a muddle - you must have been thinking of a piano at the time ;)

Ray has a wee girlie voice too do you not think??

No? Ah well, my hearing's going too!

brandy
30-Oct-06, 08:29
ashlee drives me crazy
i thought he should have been eliminated in boot camp!
i will be extremley upset if ben dosent win it! *grins*
that man is a legend in the making!!!
GOOOOOOOOOO BEN!!!!

Tickle
30-Oct-06, 13:05
Ray to win!!!!!!!
Ray is the only one on there that actually brings a smile to the face when he sings.

Ray has a horrible cheesy big smile. Ben to win!!!!!!!!

dragonfly
30-Oct-06, 13:28
He can sing theres no denying that but his voice will get annoying soon - he constantly sounds like he needs to cough - and he just doen't suit anything other than rock

didn't do Rod Stewart, Frankie Miller, Chris Rea, Michael Bolton (plus others whom I can't think of at this moment) any harm having gravelly voices.

Ray to win, Ray to win, Ray to win!!!!!!
could say same about Ray, his voice/style isn't suited to anything other than jazz/swing

weeboyagee
06-Nov-06, 12:58
The other one on my list was Ashley. He fluffed his words on live TV (as if I have never done that?....) was as flat as a pancake, tuneless and very obviously one of the bottom two. He got a second chance at it and the only thing he did better was remember his words - even then you knew the point where he was just about going to do it again!!!

Ashley sounds like a girl!!!!

Is it jst me or does every1 else see how cocky Ashlee is???? it's really gettin on ma nerves now!

ashlee drives me crazy
i thought he should have been eliminated in boot camp!

Dry your eyes Simon - the public and the org got it right! He's gone and we're the better and glad of it! Two weeks in a row he was the worst by a long shot! Now we don't have to listen to him again. My pained ears can now recover!

golach
06-Nov-06, 15:27
WBG, I thought you were a man of intellect with a taste for good music, your only downfall in my eyes is your lack of good judgement with your choice of Football team, but yet you admit to watching this rubbish shown on TV as entertainment, Shame on you man [lol]

weeboyagee
13-Nov-06, 19:46
Sorry - I have been away again for a bit and missed that one golach :D

I just hope that we don't let the side down (oh, pardon the pun,......) tonight and resign the team to the same fate as poor Ashley!

But, I do take the point golach - I just can't help watching the panel make an absolute joke of themselves with what seems to be a bigger act than the singers! Ben to win - and then to be signed for Hearts - as our next Manager! Heh-heh! :)

unicorn
18-Nov-06, 20:40
Ben to win, I am sure he is Steven Taylors lost twin.

Saxo01
18-Nov-06, 21:09
Ben to win, I am sure he is Steven Taylors lost twin.

I agree with you hope he does, And he probably will because unfortunately when it comes to the crunch the other 2 will go against simon anyways

Bobinovich
18-Nov-06, 21:09
Well I do think that Leona's got the best voice out of them all, but it'll be interesting to see how she copes with a non-ballad number next week.

I'm actually surprised how some of these people haven't been snapped up before they even get onto the program.

percy toboggan
18-Nov-06, 21:33
Blimey! I voted tonight, for the MacDonald Bros. because they're Scottish and because Cowell was havin' a pop. (I'm English, but a citizen of the free world)

Leona/ie?? - the chocolate girl is fantastic! A real talent and future superstar. No messin' guys the lass is top drawer.

gleeber
18-Nov-06, 21:58
I'm English, but a citizen of the free world
Blimey, a Socrates moment from the master of disguise and dispute.
PS. Whats the X factor, just to keep on topic?

Billy Boy
18-Nov-06, 22:02
Blimey, a Socrates moment from the master of disguise and dispute.
PS. Whats the X factor, just to keep on topic?

lol i would say it's the x factor that's the injustice by being on tv :Razz

footie chick
18-Nov-06, 22:31
lol i would say it's the x factor that's the injustice by being on tv :Razz

Well said its a fix anyway

amanda
19-Nov-06, 01:33
awwww robert was my favourite.

Ojibwa
19-Nov-06, 01:52
Oh I'm missing all the excitment of x factor! We had America's got talent, American Idol and Canadaian Idol over here, all made by Simon's production company. But they just don't compare to the rivalry between the Simon, Louis, and Sharon, on the British show.

EDDIE
19-Nov-06, 13:24
awwww robert was my favourite.

I got the impression that the only reason simon voted robert of is becuase he is a good singer and a threat to simons artisits robert was miles better than eton road.That was a tactical vote in simon behalf.

Wish
19-Nov-06, 13:38
Love the X Factor, in a way I don't want my favourite to win (Leona or Ben) as I feel that winning this contest in someway discredits you and if we look back at past winners they haven't really done that well, except Will Young (Popstars) I always think the person that comes second does better:cool:

weeboyagee
20-Nov-06, 18:19
The MacDonald Bros are still there ;) And Ben yet again showed that he is the best of the rest!

Leona - nope, not quite this week I'm afraid - nice voice - especially considering that she shows off her ability to do ad lib in a high frequency at least once in EVERY song that she performs (give it a rest will yah - yawn! :eyes) She has a fantastic voice - but not sure if she has the versatility.

Ray - good grief - will someone chop him out of the progamme for kindness - he's annoyingly good but not got the X-factor. Eton Rd - that was a disgrace - Simon should have chopped you rather than Robert. He voted for the group he thinks will go further? Well, how unfortunate but sadly - he was right - for all the tea in China Eton Rd will go further than Robert - but in the world of musical appreciation these days there are a lot of ears prepared to hear the unlistenable! Heh-heh!!!!

henry20
04-Dec-06, 09:08
Can anyone tell me who went out this week? I never got a chance to watch it yesterday.

Dreadnought
04-Dec-06, 09:12
Can anyone tell me who went out this week? I never got a chance to watch it yesterday.

The Macdonald Brothers.

henry20
04-Dec-06, 09:14
Dash, I didn't think they'd make it to the final, but I wanted to see Simons face if they did! :lol:

Max
04-Dec-06, 10:19
I think the Bay City Rollers Song finally did it for them!!

Venture
04-Dec-06, 11:23
Its a shame that people put their dislikes with a particular judge before the actual talent of the artiste. Lets face it the Macdonalds were kept in because of Simon Cowells comments about them, mostly votes came from Scots who wanted to get back at him. Leona is out in front by far. She has never had one bad comment from any of the judges, Ben is only still in because Simon Cowell chose him as opposed to Eton Road. The public vote this week put him in the bottom two. He is hanging on there by the skin of his teeth. Snide comments from Louis throughout Saturdays show and then on the X tra factor from Sharon about Leona and Ray must affect the contestants. I know folk think Leona is too good to be true and according to Sharon she dosent have the X Factor but lets not forget this show is about TALENT and there is no getting away it the GIRL has got it.

Max
04-Dec-06, 11:50
I agree the girl has got it - however I also think Ben is really good - I like his voice and his musical ability - for me he is the best! (just my humble opinion!)

Dreadnought
04-Dec-06, 15:10
If anyone should win it should be Ben.
Leona is nothing more than a second rate Mariah Carey wannabe. You know the style, why sing one note when you can sing thirty five? :roll: My brother predicted the song she would choose to sing and he was dead right: a song that did well for Mariah Carey. Dull, dull dull! Get rid of her.

Venture
04-Dec-06, 17:48
Ben likewise sounds like Joe Cocker and he needs to do something about his image. Remember what happened to the winner who was from the 25 and overs last time. Havent heard of them since. Yet everyone remembers last years winner because he was young good looking and COULD sing. Only difference between Shane and Leona is shes a girl. Give her a chance.

Dreadnought
04-Dec-06, 20:59
Remind me, who won last year?

angela5
04-Dec-06, 21:00
Remind me, who won last year?

Shayne Ward.:D

Dreadnought
04-Dec-06, 21:02
...ok... and what has he sung? Thats the first time I ever heard his name.

angela5
04-Dec-06, 21:07
...ok... and what has he sung? Thats the first time I ever heard his name.

Don't know, never really took much notice but it's funny about a month after the x-factor you never hear of them again.:roll:

angela5
04-Dec-06, 21:25
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/SexyJJ_05/JJ_2/1135529013.jpg

Found this for you Dreadnought.:D

weeboyagee
05-Dec-06, 10:50
Awwww,...... the MacDonald Bros finally lost their battle - well it was only a mtter of time - the rest of England against the few Scots that could manage to keep him in plus the fact that they were voted for to spite Simon - the tale was going to come to an end at some point before the final - sadly - but I would love to have seen them make it further than Ray.

I still say Ben is the X-factor but I thought that was his weakest week. I agree with Sharon - Leona doesn't have the X-factor - but I am sorry to say - she blew Ben away on Saturday! Ray - well what can I say about the little weed,........... that suit looks gormless!

MGB1979
05-Dec-06, 12:37
I heard some of this on the radio the other day, those guys are awful, an embarrassment to our nation.

foxy-jnr
05-Dec-06, 16:03
i was very sad that the macdonald bros left on saturday night but now i think ray should win !!! :D

krieve
05-Dec-06, 16:09
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f318/krieves/160x120_xfactor_s03_contestants_mac.jpgIt's an injustice thats for sure!:lol: lmao

Dreadnought
09-Dec-06, 21:55
So obviously fixed. Thats the true talent gone. Just the Tintin lookalike and the poor Mariah Carey imitator left in it. Neither will last past January.

footie chick
09-Dec-06, 23:12
But who does last past January its only the runners up that succeed ;)

candyfloss
09-Dec-06, 23:28
I don't watch it very often, but i think they go it so wrong tonight.

Don't think Ray's that great, Leona has got a lovely voice but she's not my cup of tea.

Ben should be in the final.

footie chick
09-Dec-06, 23:33
Girls Aloud are the only successful artists to come off a talent contest such as X Factor.

It is normally the runners up that succeed.

mi16
11-Dec-06, 11:06
Girls Aloud are the only successful artists to come off a talent contest such as X Factor.

It is normally the runners up that succeed.

Two words

Will Young

mysophales
11-Dec-06, 15:26
But who does last past January its only the runners up that succeed ;)

Shane ward is not heard of in this country
as he is in the middle of a world tour