PDA

View Full Version : Petrol

dirdyweeker
01-Jan-12, 10:02
Now here's a poser. Petrol in Caithness on New Years Day? Dare I ask if this is availabletoday? Visitors from Wales "forgot" to fill up and were planning on leaving today.

Bill Fernie
01-Jan-12, 10:07
I think Tesco even if closed sells petrol if you pay by debit or credit card at the pumps.

Maccy
01-Jan-12, 13:56
If not tesco then if they can get to Inverness there is a filling station on Longman Road that opens Today.

bekisman
01-Jan-12, 15:13
Went to 'Spoons in Wick today (yes it is open) to meet some friends.
Sorry to say that at 12.45 popped into Tesco Petrol station and all pumps are locked, so no fuel even with a credit/debit card.. no idea why..
We're OK, got a full tank anyway, but thought we'd look on way home..

Corrigall51
01-Jan-12, 15:35
Esso - Pennyland station in Thurso is open 3 - 6pm

poppett
01-Jan-12, 19:21
Not sure why Tesco have locked all the pumps. The "pay at pump" forecourts in Arbroath have done the same this year, leaving some unhappy motorists.

I have had a full tank since Christmas eve and have had nowhere to go. Just done 22 miles in that time.

dirdyweeker
02-Jan-12, 07:03
Sorry couldn't get back on here yesterday, lost my Internet connection. I don't know why Tesco pumps were locked but they were like that at 0800 when my visitors went to fill up. Could they have run out of fuel at the 'pay by card ' ones? Anyhow I was delighted to have them for a day longer and they are heading up again today in the hope of getting fuel. Unfortunately they do not open til 0900 so won't get to head south early. I reckon on their next visit they will keep the tank topped up. Thanks all for your input, much appreciated.

Rourkee
02-Jan-12, 13:22
The Tesco 'pay at pumps' were also locked off on Christmas day so much for their advertised 24hr service.

bekisman
02-Jan-12, 14:51
Over in Wick again today, so Mrs Beks popped into the fuel station kiosk, and asked how come it was not 24hr as advertised - chap seemed to have been asked this a lot..
He says that as there was no Duty Manager or night watchman on the premise (the whole Tesco area) that it was not permitted for the pumps to be left available..

'spose it boils down to 'can't get the staff these days'..

So maybe the open 24hr banner should have an attachment; 'except in certain circumstances'

dirdyweeker
02-Jan-12, 15:34
Thanks for that Bekisman. Was planning a trip myself to ask the same. Saved myself the journey.