PDA

View Full Version : The Org, how has it been in 2011

bekisman
30-Dec-11, 17:10
Well another year draws to a close, looks like this year had been a bit of a bumpy ride, but relatively more recent years had seen more voracious and maybe more robust postings..

Looking back many years into the Archives will see that in those days the back and forth postings evoked pretty strong reactions, suspended orgers falling everywhere - why, even me!

When I first joined I was wary of posting, expecting to get battered, and yes there were times I thought about jacking it in; sod em, but hung on in there.

We must remember that behind these anonymous keys there are more or less 'normal' people, who maybe like a discussion, although at times this does degenerate a wee bit and it's then time to stand back and let 'em rip each other to pieces' format come into play..

May the Org continue! and may my thanks go to Niall and Bill Fernie for allowing us the pleasure (?) of this forum and thanks to the Mods who really have a thankless task (I could name the one's who gave me infractions as a technical fault when the Org updated allowed some of us to see who our jailers were - but that would be ungentlemanly wouldn't it?)

Onward to 2012!

golach
30-Dec-11, 17:35
Well another year draws to a close, looks like this year had been a bit of a bumpy ride, but relatively more recent years had seen more voracious and maybe more robust postings..

Looking back many years into the Archives will see that in those days the back and forth postings evoked pretty strong reactions, suspended orgers falling everywhere - why, even me!

When I first joined I was wary of posting, expecting to get battered, and yes there were times I thought about jacking it in; sod em, but hung on in there.

We must remember that behind these anonymous keys there are more or less 'normal' people, who maybe like a discussion, although at times this does degenerate a wee bit and it's then time to stand back and let 'em rip each other to pieces' format come into play..

May the Org continue! and may my thanks go to Niall and Bill Fernie for allowing us the pleasure (?) of this forum and thanks to the Mods who really have a thankless task (I could name the one's who gave me infractions as a technical fault when the Org updated allowed some of us to see who our jailers were - but that would be ungentlemanly wouldn't it?)

Onward to 2012!
Hear hear Bekisman, Long may the Org continue, and thanks to Bill and Niall for their hard work.
I too found out who liked dishing out infractions to me, and I agree with you, I am too much of a gentleman to name names.
Just one request I would like for 2012, is a simple one, I wish a certain pot smoking wician would stop good repping me.

trix
30-Dec-11, 18:57
Just one request I would like for 2012, is a simple one, I wish a certain pot smoking wician would stop good repping me.

ah golly, am startin til grouw on ye....i can tell :D

but yer makin oot lek i rep 'e whole time...i rept ye 'e ither day cos ye deserved hid, wi' yer most dignified, final response - ah hev so much respect for ye (blows kiss)

ye'l be sayin nixt that ye hevna slip't me 'e odd bit o' guid rep oer 'e years...why, choost last month ye gave me guid rep!! somethin aboot how i made ye laff yer ass off??

unless ma eyes deceived me....but we both know ;)

howp ye hev a guid new year x x

Gronnuck
30-Dec-11, 19:01
As with any family, we're going to argue from time to time, 'tis all part of life's rich mixture.
I'll second golach's sentiments - many thanks Bill and Niall.
To the rest of the 'family' - A guid New Year tae ane and a'.

shazzap
30-Dec-11, 20:37
I second, third and fourth all above. I still don't see the point of bad repping though, also dummy throwing, and quitting. I have laughed out loud, and also got annoyed, at some threads, and replies. But most of the time, take it all. With a very big pinch of salt.

poppett
30-Dec-11, 20:52
We on the org are a bit like a soap opera. No matter how bad things are at home, there is always someone worse off than you on the soaps and the org.

On a serious note, this year I have met some interesting orgers who have done work for me and I have happily recommended them to others, my OH found his latest car on the org, and we hope to sell his old one on the org too.

I try not to throw my dummy out the pram, but do enjoy watching others do it.

Long may the org family saga continue into 2012 and beyond.