PDA

View Full Version : Road Closure At Portgower

QUADBIKER
28-Oct-06, 23:12
For Any Interested Parties The A9 At Portgower Is Scheduled To Be Closed For Repairs To The Railway Line Between 1200 And 1500 On Sunday 29 October. This Is Weather Permitting.

theone
29-Oct-06, 02:58
Does this mean trains will be running on Monday?

What are the alternative arrangements at the moment?

JAWS
29-Oct-06, 09:32
For Any Interested Parties The A9 At Portgower Is Scheduled To Be Closed For Repairs To The Railway Line Between 1200 And 1500 On Sunday 29 October. This Is Weather Permitting.Quadbiker, are you sure it wasn't "Weather Created"? :lol:
At least the info should save at least some people from finding out the hard way at five past twelve.

Loafer
29-Oct-06, 14:05
I was most surprised to see the 11am Citylink bus heading from Thurso at the usual time. Did the driver let all the passengers know that they would be stuck for three hours??? The journey on the bus to Inverness is bad enough without that added on!!

The Loafer

ice box
29-Oct-06, 14:24
Does this mean trains will be running on Monday?

What are the alternative arrangements at the moment?Can't see it as the line at bilbster is badly damaged .

QUADBIKER
29-Oct-06, 14:54
I was most surprised to see the 11am Citylink bus heading from Thurso at the usual time. Did the driver let all the passengers know that they would be stuck for three hours??? The journey on the bus to Inverness is bad enough without that added on!!

The Loafer
CITYLINK?THIS IS PUBLIC TRANSPORT WHAT MORE DO YOU EXPECT. I HEARD ABOUT THE ROAD CLOSURE LAST NIGHT. I SEARCHED ALL THE INTERNET SITES ABOUT ROAD CLOSURES BUT COULD FIND NOTHING SO CALLED WICK POLICE STATION AND I WAS INFORMED THAT THE ROAD WOULD BE CLOSED BETWEEN 1200 AND 1500 HOURS. SO MUCH FOR THE ROADS DEPT AND SCOTRAIL INFORMING THE PUBLIC OF THIS ROAD CLOSURE OR HAVE THEY DONE IT ON A SECRET SITE.

rainbow
29-Oct-06, 16:11
I could find nothing on the net either - a disgrace, but fortunately someone told us. My son was returning to Edinburgh today so he opted to take the 7.38 Citylink bus (although he was booked on the 11.30ish bus). When he got to Inverness they would not allow him on the next bus - the driver told him he had to wait for the 15.10 bus which was the bus he was booked on. No-one checked on a computer to confirm that all the earlier buses were fully booked to justify the refusal. Due to some creep on a power trip he then had to sit in Inverness bus station for nearly 4 hours. I can feel a letter of complaint coming on, when there is problems on the road surely a little bit of discretion could be used. Little wonder I will not use buses if I can help it.

footie chick
29-Oct-06, 16:15
Only place I could find it was on MFR's website http://www.mfr.co.uk/Article.asp?id=19856

Kaishowing
29-Oct-06, 16:38
Shame that they can't use the flood damage in a constructive way, and update the line entirely to allow a high-speed service!
I still think it's a scandal that when I travel down to London to visit the out-laws that the train journey down to Inverness takes longer than the flight!!

Fran
29-Oct-06, 17:40
Moray Firth Radio have been announcing the road closure for rail repairs. Its been on several times.
Maybe the bus went towards Bettyhill and turned left to Helmsdale or Lairg to get to Inverness.
Would be interesting to hear from anyone who was on the bus this morning.

QUADBIKER
29-Oct-06, 20:09
Apologies to all orgers. I did not realise my last post was in upper case, i did not mean and did not intend to shout at any of you. Thanks to Niall Fernie i have learnt my lesson.