PDA

View Full Version : Marine surveys record 'brainless fish' off Orkney

secrets in symmetry
29-Dec-11, 14:04
Marine Surveys record 'brainless fish off Orkney' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-16346065)

Off Tankerness on Orkney, the government said the prehistoric "faceless and brainless" amphioxus was recorded (http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2011/12/22105642).

The rarely-seen species was regarded as a modern representative of the first animals that evolved a backbone, the Scottish government said.

With a nerve cord down its back, the fish does not have a clearly defined face or brain.
There are indications that some evolved sufficiently far to join a forum. :cool:

Rheghead
29-Dec-11, 14:28
Marine Surveys record 'brainless fish off Orkney' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-16346065)

There are indications that some evolved sufficiently far to join a forum. :cool:

Yes but their lack of brains make them fish out of water.

Ricco
29-Dec-11, 14:40
Hey, if the Amphioxous is prehistoric it must have some intelligence to survive this long!

tonkatojo
29-Dec-11, 14:46
So that is where the tory roots are from.

secrets in symmetry
30-Dec-11, 00:05
Yes but their lack of brains make them fish out of water.They're an ichthyologist's dream, they're part of a brand new taxonomy. :cool:

John Little
30-Dec-11, 10:45
They're an ichthyologist's dream, they're part of a brand new taxonomy. :cool:

Piscium Numptius?

Rheghead
30-Dec-11, 12:51
They're an ichthyologist's dream, they're part of a brand new taxonomy. :cool:

Well they're certainly in a Class of their own.

bekisman
30-Dec-11, 13:15
Gosh chaps are you extracting the Michael out of someone across the Firth?

Kettle, black, stones, glasshouse - can't quite put my finger on it but pretty sure someone else has posted rather silly things? ;)

golach
30-Dec-11, 14:44
Gosh chaps are you extracting the Michael out of someone across the Firth?

Kettle, black, stones, glasshouse - can't quite put my finger on it but pretty sure someone else has posted rather silly things? ;)
I will have to ponder this post Bekisman, I wonder who you are refering to [lol]

bekisman
30-Dec-11, 14:56
I will have to ponder this post Bekisman, I wonder who you are refering to [lol]
As I mentioned can't quite put my finger on them - can anyone help here?

Rheghead
30-Dec-11, 15:13

guilty concience I reckon but I've heard that there is a sub genus of brainless creature that has big bushy side burns and moustache that plays the perfect host to all sorts of parasites, meat eaters and vegetarians.

bekisman
30-Dec-11, 15:32
guilty concience I reckon but I've heard that there is a sub genus of brainless creature that has big bushy side burns and moustache that plays the perfect host to all sorts of parasites, meat eaters and vegetarians.
Oh well, can't be me Rheggy; no busy sideburns or a 'tashe (have I John?)

Seems I can't possibly be the one, ref your "Yes but their lack of brains make them fish out of water." as according to you on the 25th April this year, you wrote (indicating me) "No hissy, just fed up to the eyeballs in someone who is clearly intelligent" - thanks reggy, that was nice of you..

PS for someone who's trying to insult someone else for lack of brains, you'd better learn to spell conscience the proper way (Quick do YET another edit)

Rheghead
30-Dec-11, 15:37
Definite guilty conscience I reckon

Oh and more obsessive creeping on my old posts... lurve...

bekisman
30-Dec-11, 15:48
Definite guilty conscience I reckon

Oh and more obsessive creeping on my old posts... lurve...Me?
Oh come come my dear Reggy.

Pleased to see you've taken my advice and put the 's' where it was supposed to be.

Who dear boy, is this bewhiskered and mustachioed chap supposed to be - you sure you're not on the shandy too much?

Rheghead
30-Dec-11, 15:53
Who dear boy, is this bewhiskered and mustachioed chap supposed to be - you sure you're not on the shandy too much?

Oh just some tramp looking guy who came into Tesco cafe with his wife before Xmas (who looked much too nice for him) and sat at the next table to me, he constantly yapped a load of rubbish at the girl on the till. He does get on the org though and talks the same amount of rubbish, mostly negative that puts people off posting apparently.

bekisman
30-Dec-11, 16:21
Oh just some tramp looking guy who came into Tesco cafe with his wife before Xmas (who looked much too nice for him) and sat at the next table to me, he constantly yapped a load of rubbish at the girl on the till. He does get on the org though and talks the same amount of rubbish, mostly negative that puts people off posting apparently.
Goodness me Reggy I'll was going to use one of your favourite long time quotes: "argumentum ad hominem" but as you've just confirmed it wasna me, I'll refrain..

As an aside is this the bloke who looked in your windows (another thread) and you again did not 'sort him out'?

Anyway that's by the bye, it seems that as...
a) you've told me I'm intelligent...
b) I don't have whiskers or a moustache....
c) I don't dress like a tramp....
d) you did not admonish said tramp for peeking in your windows...
e) I'm a great many miles from Orkney...
f) And as I don't put people off posting, unlike someone who's org name begins with a Rh... and upset oldmarine - who's now unfortunately gone...
IT CAN'T BE ME!

Rheghead
30-Dec-11, 16:24
Goodness me Reggy I'll was going to use one of your favourite long time quotes: "argumentum ad hominem" but as you've just confirmed it wasna me, I'll refrain..

As an aside is this the bloke who looked in your windows (another thread) and you again did not 'sort him out'?

Anyway that's by the bye, it seems that as...
a) you've told me I'm intelligent...
b) I don't have whiskers or a moustache....
c) I don't dress like a tramp....
d) you did not admonish said tramp for peeking in your windows...
e) I'm a great many miles from Orkney...
f) And as I don't put people off posting, unlike someone who's org name begins with a Rh... and upset oldmarine - who's now unfortunately gone...
IT CAN'T BE ME!

Wow you seem to be going to great lengths to attempt to prove that it isn't you when I've not said it was you. ;) :roll:

Guilty conscience, nuff said.

John Little
30-Dec-11, 16:25
Nope - definitely not - Beks is clean-shaven and neatly trimmed.

And in no way piscatorial- mine eyes have seen this truth.

Rheghead
30-Dec-11, 16:28
I did hear that said tramp did a runner and didn't pay for his bill even though he practically lives at Tesco and he was eventually tracked down by a service on the internet that that said tramp had actually created in his better days.

bekisman
30-Dec-11, 16:39
Nope - definitely not - Beks is clean-shaven and neatly trimmed.

And in no way piscatorial- mine eyes have seen this truth.By gad sir, you are a gentleman!

bekisman
30-Dec-11, 16:44
I did hear that said tramp did a runner and didn't pay for his bill even though he practically lives at Tesco and he was eventually tracked down by a service on the internet that that said tramp had actually created in his better days.
Hmm I wonder who this person you refer to - of course, a lot of people know I created a scheme with some three thousand members (all free of course) to catch non-payers.

But seriously reggy, but you must tell who this person is who (obviously to you) impersonating me, it is your civic duty sir! - unless of course your burbling yet again

Rheghead
30-Dec-11, 16:49
Hmm I wonder who this person you refer to - of course, a lot of people know I created a scheme with some three thousand members (all free of course) to catch non-payers.

But seriously reggy, but you must tell who this person is who (obviously to you) impersonating me, it is your civic duty sir! - unless of course your burbling yet again

I do not know you and you have not revealed any inkling in your posts as to who you were. You obviously thought I was referring to you by chance cos how could I know? ;)

marwill
30-Dec-11, 17:24
It seems the spirit of Christmas has sailed by the 'brainless fish' off Orkney!
Were you into the 'spirit' before Christmas Rheghead when you saw a 'tramp' in Tesco's cafe, or maybe your glasses were a little steamed up! I hope Tescos' aren't offended by you saying they allow tramps into their cafe:roll:
Oh just as an aside, I know Beks and can also say he is clean shaven, no sign of a moustache and bushy sideburns.
Maybe we are coming up for the 'silly things' season again...
Well, must go, so I will wish one and all a 'Happy New Year' on the Org;)

Anfield
30-Dec-11, 18:32
Brainless creature found in Orkney waters
Orkneycadian has been skinny dipping again.
(Sorry mate, could not resist it - Happy New Year)

secrets in symmetry
30-Dec-11, 18:41
Piscium Numptius?That's the one! They hang around in Schools as they swim across the Firth, but the brainless ones show no sign of benefiting from the experience. :cool:

Rheghead
30-Dec-11, 21:16
It seems the spirit of Christmas has sailed by the 'brainless fish' off Orkney!
Were you into the 'spirit' before Christmas Rheghead when you saw a 'tramp' in Tesco's cafe, or maybe your glasses were a little steamed up! I hope Tescos' aren't offended by you saying they allow tramps into their cafe:roll:
Oh just as an aside, I know Beks and can also say he is clean shaven, no sign of a moustache and bushy sideburns.
Maybe we are coming up for the 'silly things' season again...
Well, must go, so I will wish one and all a 'Happy New Year' on the Org

I haven't said the said tramp was Beks, how could I? Beks might have had a good shave and brush up when you met eachother and there could be understandable reasons for doing so, especially if ones eyebrow colour don't match the colour of a good set of sidies and moustache. ;) None of us want to look older than our time, do we? :Razz

Happy New Year to you as well.

secrets in symmetry
31-Dec-11, 00:15
Some of these brainless fish have been known to indulge on the old faithful Carlsberg Tramp Juice (http://gk007a0336.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/carls.htm) far too often, but don't forget the really desperate ones that go to Tesco every day to buy (or steal) Tesco Tramp Juice (http://gk007a0336.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tesco.htm)in bulk. No wonder their brains are undetectable on the forum!

bekisman
31-Dec-11, 10:53
Phew that's me out then, tee-total for c50 years!

Rheghead
31-Dec-11, 11:12
Phew that's me out then, tee-total for c50 years!

There's plenty more brainless fish in the sea, you know.

bekisman
31-Dec-11, 12:38
There's plenty more brainless fish in the sea, you know.
And don't we know it!

secrets in symmetry
31-Dec-11, 18:36
There's plenty more brainless fish in the sea, you know.Lol! There are times when your thought processes are uncannily close to mine! :cool:

What surprises me is how these brainless automata manage to survive in a world they don't have the capacity to comprehend....

Rheghead
31-Dec-11, 20:32
I think fecundity has a lot to do with it, anyone with half a brain can see that. And you know what they say, the fish with half a brain in a brainless fishworld is kingfisher

secrets in symmetry
31-Dec-11, 21:35
Very good! :cool:

They leave their Schools and quickly get a Quiverfull because they don't have brains that can conceive of living any other way.

I am supposed to be leaving the house to go and get brainless, but it's raining so hard that the fish may have the upper hand in the streets at this time!

Corrie 3
31-Dec-11, 21:42
To all the brainless fish out there and all the brainless Orgers.............Happy New Year and I hope you find your marbles in 2012!!

Swim on...........C3....:roll:;);)

John Little
01-Jan-12, 11:53
Lol! There are times when your thought processes are uncannily close to mine! :cool:

What surprises me is how these brainless automata manage to survive in a world they don't have the capacity to comprehend....

That's easy!

They go and work for BT in England!!

secrets in symmetry
02-Jan-12, 02:09
That's easy!

They go and work for BT in England!!BT in England handpick the smartest of the brainless fish! The others work for AOL, or Orange, TrashTrash, or any one of the other brainless ISPs.

sids
02-Jan-12, 12:05
Some of these brainless fish have been known to indulge on the old faithful Carlsberg Tramp Juice (http://gk007a0336.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/carls.htm) far too often, but don't forget the really desperate ones that go to Tesco every day to buy (or steal) Tesco Tramp Juice (http://gk007a0336.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tesco.htm)in bulk. No wonder their brains are undetectable on the forum!

Tesco super lager. Best before 11 am.

secrets in symmetry
02-Jan-12, 15:11
Tesco super lager. Best before 11 am.Yes, indeed, and it's even more delicious before 10am when Tesco won't sell it to anyone. :cool: