PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic Surgery

ducati
28-Dec-11, 20:00
Some threads about personal looks and grooming the noo, so the question is; have you had or would you consider it.

I've recently had a little 'procedure' and am now 100% perfect (but it didn't take much:lol:). What about you?

Tilly Teckel
28-Dec-11, 20:11
I've recently had a little 'procedure'

Ooooh, do tell!

As for me, there's so many things I'd like done I wouldn't know where to start, but I don't think I'd ever go through with it. I feel a bit like I'd be taking a surgeon's time with my own vanity when it could be better used by someone who had a real medical need. And yes, I know that the surgeons choose to do these ops but if there wasn't a demand would they use their skills in a more valuable (in my humble opinion) way? Basically, I don't feel any of my 'problem' areas are important enough to warrant it.

canadagirl
28-Dec-11, 23:59
I've had IPL, for sun/wind damage, takes care of brown or red blotches and the broken capillaries on cheeks. It's awesome, totally worth the money and skin is less hypersensitive after. It is painful though and fairly pricey when done at a reputable place. Nicole Kidman has apparently had it done on her whole body. :confused

Corrie 3
29-Dec-11, 00:05
I had a brain transplant in 2009 and am now trying through the Courts to get my money back!!!

C3................:roll::roll:;)

Angel
29-Dec-11, 00:10
I have been pondering Lipo, but have just been diagnosed with Diabeties type 2. So I will be fighting it with diet so as not to have to have medication or injections... So maybe it's a blessing in disguise!
Then Nicole Kidman may have a rival...lol...

Angel...

shazzap
29-Dec-11, 00:24
Speaking as someone, who has had to have plastic surgery, after cancer surgery. I had a Latissimus Dorsi Free Flap. I had a large piece of my latissimus muscle taken from my Back, and then transplanted, into my thigh to replace the muscle taken from there, because of a Sarcoma.. I can't for the life of me, see why, people have this surgery for the sake of vanity. I think it should only be done, if you have some disfigurement or after a trauma and such. It is very painful, and if you develop complications, like i did. I had to have another 2 operations. It can end up life threatening. Not something to be entered into willy nilly.