PDA

View Full Version : Wind warning..........

Tugmistress
26-Dec-11, 19:12
...... and no, i don't think it's the brussel sprouts lol

Just a forewarning, it's looking like damaging winds on wednesday evening! wind coming from the WNW again so with already weakened trees, roof tiles etc it could be a good time to stay indoors! oh, and tie those wheelie bins down!
Possible gusts of over 80mph again!

Liz
26-Dec-11, 19:47
Thanks ever so much for the warning. Hope these flipping gales come to an end soon.:(

annemarie482
26-Dec-11, 19:48
thanks for the warning tuggs! :) x

Hoida
27-Dec-11, 18:41
Thanks for that Tuggsx

Tilly Teckel
28-Dec-11, 16:58
You were spot on as usual Tuggs! Thanks x

billmoseley
28-Dec-11, 17:09
wow the wind(not wings opps) is picking up here in kirtomy now

Kodiak
28-Dec-11, 18:02
wow the wing is picking up here in kirtomy now

We have no Wings here at all, Mind you it is rather Windy :D

mey999
28-Dec-11, 23:02
Hows the wind up there in gods own county ( caithness)

chocolatechip
28-Dec-11, 23:04
It's very, very windy

Dadie
28-Dec-11, 23:05
Bit breezy, but it might have something to do with the sprouts:D
No but seriously I think they are getting it much worse a bit south!
The rain is lashing off the windows and the compost bin has gone for a wander, but, its less wild than it was a couple of weeks ago ...so far...fingers xxed.

Koi
28-Dec-11, 23:09
The rain is lashing off the windows and the compost bin has gone for a wander, but, its less wild than it was a couple of weeks ago ...so far...fingers xxed.

Aye only one of my bins has fallen over this time lol.

poppett
29-Dec-11, 00:11
Swirling, blustery wind here in Thurso. Absolutely no chance of hearing the tv for the whistle down the chimney.

grumpyhippo
29-Dec-11, 00:19
whistle down the chimney.
That a musical isn't it?:lol::lol:

purplelady
29-Dec-11, 01:10
The rain is lashing off the windows and the compost bin has gone for a wander, but, its less wild than it was a couple of weeks ago ...so far...fingers xxed.Has calmed down a bit down south but still very windy here not good xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chocolatechip
29-Dec-11, 19:03
Hi Tuggs, just if your on here tonight on the off chance, what are we going to be getting over the weekend? It's about time this wind went it's driving me crazy

Tugmistress
29-Dec-11, 20:28
No real respite from the wind yet sorry chocolatechip! and watching the possibility of another bad blow next tuesday.

chocolatechip
30-Dec-11, 19:16
Thanks Tuggs really hope it goes soon, but shouldn't complain really cause it's winter lol!!

Fran
02-Jan-12, 14:40
Got to drive to inverness tomorrow, tuesday 3rd but have been told football was cancelled today because of snow and it will be bad tomorrow, is this true?

Fran
02-Jan-12, 15:11
Does anyone know the forecast for tomorow from here to Aberfeen. Been told there is snow there and in Inverness?

Kodiak
02-Jan-12, 16:28
A weather warning has been put out for parts of Scotland for tomorrow :-

A period of heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions are expected for northern Scotland during Tuesday. Snow accumulations of 10cm to 20cm are expected above 400m, At lower altitudes early rainfall will turn to snow, leaving accumlations of up to 8 cm above 100m , and slushy deposits to sea level.

I am sure that Tugmistress can give you more detailed information.

Fran
02-Jan-12, 18:43
Thankyyou. A taxi was coming as far as Inverness from aberdeen tomorrow, but he wont come because of the weather, but on the tv it looks ok.

Tugmistress
02-Jan-12, 18:51
I think the chance for snow will disappear as the low pressure gets closer tomorrow. But it will follow it quickly back in as the pressure goes east.
I would expect a fair bit of the wet stuff tomorrow with the wind,some extremely heavy at times wind will gust maybe 50mph at it's worst when it turns to the northwest direction.
Having said that, it could quite easily fall as white stuff not wet on higher ground! so if traveling take care.
I don't expect temperatures to get above about 3c tomorrow and by tea time the chance of snow at lower levels returns.

wednesday.
another very wet day, and wet not white for caithness i reckon except for high ground wind fairly constant apart from a brief lull gusting around 45mph but backing from the NW back to SW and mainly settling from west.
temperatures a degree or so warmer, max 5c if we're lucky.

Thursday.
Wind veering to the NW again, so cooler again, small chance of snow showers earlier, clearer as the day goes on.
temps staying between 0c and 4cc tops at a guesstimate.

friday
yuk.
Windy and yuk most of the day, not really anything nice to say about friday except hibernate if you can.
temps above freezing maybe as high as 5c but i doubt it, wind from the west mainly gusting 40mph later on.
damp, cloudy, showers, yuk.

golach
03-Jan-12, 11:25
Hold on to your wind machine Tuggs, its gusting 80 to 90 mph here, communal wheelie bins are fighting vehicles for parking places, all bridges are closed, Edinburgh Airport closed at the moment

Tugmistress
03-Jan-12, 15:06
you're getting it worse than us again G :) doubt we'll gust anything much over 65mph if that

Alice in Blunderland
03-Jan-12, 18:39
Hmmph its blowing enough to have the rain pouring through my conservatory roof .......AGAIN. Bleeding builders !!

Fran
04-Jan-12, 03:19
Went down to Raigmore, Inverness yesterday morning and back this afternoon and roads were all fine apart from big puddles on the Lybster road. Not much traffic.