PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks!

Dadie
26-Dec-11, 17:45
Polite notice that we are going to be letting off a few fireworks on the 1st of Jan.
In Watten.
After dinnertime ...so will be about 6pm ish.
Its Euans 2nd birthday and its for him to make his birthday special as no one will really want to celebrate it with him until he can go out for hogmanay!..
It wont take long approx 10 -15 mins max!

Gronnuck
26-Dec-11, 21:09
Happy Birthday Euan!
Here's hoping you all have a great fun evening;-)

Corrie 3
26-Dec-11, 22:09
Thats really good that you have given people warning Dadie, it will give pet owners a chance to make provisions for their pets and let OAP Grandad's like me refrain from having a nap at that time....;)

I wish a few more people would do what Dadie has done and given prior warning of fireworks.

C3...............:)

orkneycadian
26-Dec-11, 22:12
After dinnertime ...so will be about 6pm ish.!

Dinner? At teatime? ;)

Dadie
26-Dec-11, 22:49
OK maybe not dinner ....sausage rolls, small sandwiches, crisps, jelly and icecream....traditional kids party food!

orkneycadian
26-Dec-11, 23:17
Man, sounds like a right good start to the new year celebrations! Top nosh, fireworks and a party! Congrats to the wee man when it comes!

Dadie
26-Dec-11, 23:43
I will pop round and let the people whos gardens back on to us know tommorrow, but Im not doing the whole of Watten....
I will hunt out the carpet for the rabbits hutch too..bung it over the front and they dont see it..home fireworks dont have the same bang about them,,just fizz..whoosh ...lights!
But I think people are more understanding if you let them know beforehand.
Unlike those who light a incinerator for garden waste without warning out the back, after I have hung out the washing, with the wind blowing over my washing line!....Im tempted to get my own incinerator......

riggerboy
27-Dec-11, 10:52
here can i come o how i love a ice cream crisps and sqeebs, go on go on go on let me come go on go on go on,

Liz
28-Dec-11, 00:03
Really good of you to warn people Dadie. :)

I am sure Euan will really enjoy his birthday celebrations. You might be getting some orgers turn up so better buy more sausage rolls. ;)

Dadie
28-Dec-11, 22:50
Drat ...I have only 24 sausage rolls....but I have about 5 packs of jelly?
and an icecream cake.....
Jam or cheese sarnies cut into stars, circles etc...
might even have the bouncy castle blown up, but, anyone over 3 foot tall might have a problem with the ceiling height as it slopes in the spare room!
Should be fun if you are 5 or under ..or still think like a 5 year old!

Liz
28-Dec-11, 23:35
Okay will bring my own! I'm a vegetarian so will need to take vegetarian sausage rolls anyway.

Oh I can definitely act and think like a 5 year old. Let me at the ice cream cake and bouncy castle. Maybe even at the same time!lol I am over 3ft tall but will crouch. ;)

Euan is a lucky wee man to have such a good Mum to give him a wonderful birthday party. :)

Dadie
03-Jan-12, 01:22
We had loads of fireworks...well what do you buy a 2 yo straight after christmas!
And enough food to sink an army ...where were you all?
It was a good night and the wee chiel has to be removed forcefully from his pedalcar...for anything now!

Liz
03-Jan-12, 14:37
Aw I forgot!!!! :(

Glad you had a good time. Ha ha, Euan will be going to school in his pedal car!