PDA

View Full Version : Bin Collection

molly
26-Dec-11, 15:02
If my bin day is tuesday,will they be collected tomorrow?

Kodiak
26-Dec-11, 15:07
Our Bin Day was Today. They were around earlier than usual and emptied all our bins, that is the bins that had been put out as since they came at least 3 hours earlier than usual a lot of bins had not been put out.

So there should not be any reason why you should not get your Bin emptied tomorrow, but I would have it out early just in case.

Allsorts
26-Dec-11, 16:21
Lucky you my bin has been out since last night and they didn't empty it today and they were suppose to ;'(

fender
26-Dec-11, 20:50
Our Bin Day was Today. They were around earlier than usual and emptied all our bins, that is the bins that had been put out as since they came at least 3 hours earlier than usual a lot of bejns had not been put out.

So there should not be any reason why you should not get your Bin emptied tomorrow, but I would have it out early just in case.

Your bins have to be out by 7.00 am. If you check the Council website you will see that the brown bin collections have been suspended until 9th January but all other collections go ahead.

Dadie
27-Dec-11, 00:25
Whats a brown bin?
We have a blue bin for recycling and a normal waste bin!
A brown bin for garden waste would be handy as well but its not an option in the country!
We are in a village and just dont have a brown bin collection but there is nowhere to put the stuff you cant compost anywhere.
My usual binmen are lovely and absolutely brilliant as I left my bin in the garden last week and it was still emptied and put back...I cannot fault them at all!
Although I wasnt organised enough to get their pressie for them this year....Im going to wait now until the usual staff are on and get them something....
Is this a outdated practce these days?
I was brought up to note the postie/binman/coalman etc got a little something at christmas time!

demac-artist
27-Dec-11, 09:38
This is a reply i got from the council

The adverts for the xmas arrangements will be in the press and on our website nearer to Christmas time (usually early December).

Here are the details for you in the meantime.

There will be no change to the normal refuse and blue recycling bin collections unless your normal collection of the refuse / blue recycling bin is on a Monday.
If your normal refuse / blue recycling bin collection is on a Monday the only change will be that the collection that should take place on Monday the 2nd January will now be done on Saturday 31st December. For all households that have a Monday collection we will be attaching a sticker on their bins to let them know about this change.

There will however be no brown bin collections or bulky collections over the xmas period. These will stop from 23rd December and will start again on Monday 9th January.

111heather
27-Dec-11, 12:25
there was notices put on your bins last week if your bin gets empted on monday the 2nd o jan it will be picked up an empted on sat 31 o december that is in wick area

Kodiak
27-Dec-11, 14:43
there was notices put on your bins last week if your bin gets empted on monday the 2nd o jan it will be picked up an empted on sat 31 o december that is in wick area

We did not get any notices on our bins but I did hear on MFR that all Bins that were due to be emptied on Monday 2nd January would be emptied on Saturday 31st December. The way this was stated gave the impression it was for all of Caithness.

I would suggest that you put your Bin out the Night before as they could be around earlier than normal.

Happy New Year to All.

Bobinovich
27-Dec-11, 15:16
Well I put my bin out for collection last night before anyone else and this morning it wasn't empty :(. Right enough it might have helped if I'd seen that DECEMBER 27th on the Council recycling calendar was for the GREEN bin instead of looking at the last month on said calendar (MARCH) that the 27th was a blue bin day!! Felt a right plonker I can tell you, especially as my green bin really could have done with emptying today - I'll need to stand on the bags in it to make room for any more...D'Oh :lol:!

ShelleyCowie
27-Dec-11, 15:51
Well I put my bin out for collection last night before anyone else and this morning it wasn't empty :(. Right enough it might have helped if I'd seen that DECEMBER 27th on the Council recycling calendar was for the GREEN bin instead of looking at the last month on said calendar (MARCH) that the 27th was a blue bin day!! Felt a right plonker I can tell you, especially as my green bin really could have done with emptying today - I'll need to stand on the bags in it to make room for any more...D'Oh :lol:!

tut tut! I had my bin out late last night, got lifted today ;)

Kodiak
29-Dec-11, 13:29
Now here is a funny thing. At 11am this morning, Thursday 29th, I heard what sounded like a Bin Collection going on in my Street. Mrs Kodiak went outside and sure enough there was a Bin Collection.

Not only were they emptying the Rubbish Bins but all the Bins in the same lorry. We had our Recycling Bin and our Rubbish Bin emptied. So much for the Recycling then as everything was being put in the one Lorry.

We went onto the Highland Council web site and as far as we could see there was no mention of an extra collection for today. It might sound as if I am complaining but I am not as I am only too greatful that we got our bins emptied before the New Year.

I wonder if they will be back round on Saturday 31st as it states on their web site. We will just have to wait and see.

Bobinovich
29-Dec-11, 15:55
I heard this too despite it not being our bin day (Tuesday), but simply thought it might have been for Christmas trees only. Having put the wrong bin out, as mentioned previously, another collection would have been most welcome, but prior notice would have been nice so I could have ensured the right bin was out this time :S