PDA

View Full Version : 70s & 80s School Disco Revival

Gogglebox
14-Dec-04, 22:26
If anyone is intrested there is another 70s & 80s School Disco at the Legion in Thurso on the Monday(27th) between Christmas and New Year (8:30pm Onwards)Usually a good night enjoyed by all
Its pure 70s & 80s music all night - a disco where you know the songs and can hear your self think!!
Some wear fancy dress - school uniforms or 70s & 80s clobber its optional - some do some don't!
Its only £3 to get in you can buy tickets at the bar in the legion in advance or pay at the door
The raffle prize is two tickets to REM at Balloch Castle Loch Lomond in June - even if you don't like them there is always Ebay
So ditch the kids with the in-laws, avoid the bad telly and dance off the turkey
All Welcome[/b]

Gallacher
21-Dec-04, 09:40
Great idea ! who is the DJ ? Johnnie French , they were the good time's I remember .
Wish I could get over there !

Gogglebox
21-Dec-04, 10:12
Unfortunately Im not wealthy enough to send you the air fare but I'll put some photos of the night on next week and you can dig out your Bay City Rollers LP and pretend your there!!

Loafer
21-Dec-04, 18:31
I am puzzled as to "all welcome". Sounds great and I have seen various advertisements saying so. One question though; As the Royal British Legion is a members and members guests ONLY club, who is to sign the "all welcome" in? Perhaps the licensing board would be interested? Surely all clubs must abide by rules?

The Loafer

Naefearjustbeer
21-Dec-04, 19:58
I am puzzled as to "all welcome". Sounds great and I have seen various advertisements saying so. One question though; As the Royal British Legion is a members and members guests ONLY club, who is to sign the "all welcome" in? Perhaps the licensing board would be interested? Surely all clubs must abide by rules?

The Loafer

Is that rule a Legion rule rather than a licensing board rule? If this is the case then it is up to them if they want an event for non members.

Gogglebox
21-Dec-04, 22:22
Its classed as a private function hire in the same way a wedding or a charity dance or even a coffee morning would
Hope that clarifies it