PDA

View Full Version : Opened Christmas cards

bekisman
25-Dec-11, 16:49
Did anyone else get the news today from their children / grandchildren that their envelopes arrived open and money missing..
Just found out my grandson in Exeter and my grandson in Leyland, both had one of their Christmas cards open and contents gone - we had sent the one to Exeter and my son in Maidstone had sent the other..

I think the days of trusting the post are long gone.

I think it's come to the stage of having to send a card and sealed envelope inside a brown 'business' envelope - it 'might' then have a chance of not being nicked en-route by possibly temporary mail staff..[evil]

Tilly Teckel
25-Dec-11, 16:59
About 15 years ago I worked with a woman whose hubbie worked in a sorting office and he told her that it was rife there, so it's not a recent development. Pretty disgusting though.

bekisman
25-Dec-11, 19:04
Here's one of the thieving gits!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1243682/Royal-Mail-boss-jailed-stealing-thousands-childrens-birthday-cards.html

Tugmistress
25-Dec-11, 19:17
Shall we say i am still awaiting a birthday card from my nana, she never forgets and it usually arrived 2 or 3 days early and always contains a cheque, i think a complaint may be heading to royal mail from me and i know it isn't my own postie this end!

Kodiak
25-Dec-11, 19:29
I agree with you Tugs, it is Not your postie from Thurso Office. At least it is a Cheque and you can arrange for a stop to be put on it so it can not be cashed.

Mik.M.
25-Dec-11, 19:30
How long have the Post Office told us NOT to put cash in cards? Hardly rocket science is it?

golach
25-Dec-11, 22:38
How long have the Post Office told us NOT to put cash in cards? Hardly rocket science is it?

Who in their right mind would send cash through the Royal Mail, you have been warned endlessly not to do it

bekisman
25-Dec-11, 23:03
Who in their right mind would send cash through the Royal Mail, you have been warned endlessly not to do it
Suppose I have this stupid thing of not being 'in my right mind' I suppose, but usually have a trust in human nature.. It's the first time this has happened (to me) and I'm most likely older than you Owld Man(?)..

I know my own kids face would light up when a crisp pound note fell out - not so much fun with a cheque is it.. and with that note of a 'Grumpy Owld Christmas' I'll close the thread...