PDA

View Full Version : DPD Carriers

Liz
24-Dec-11, 15:42
Does anyone know whether they deliver up here or sub contract it to someone else at Inverness?

Just wondering as was supposed to get a parcel by 1pm which hasn't arrived and call centre closed. :(

Not sure whether deliveries will have stopped by now?

carrepairman
24-Dec-11, 16:40
I had a delivery from DPD that was taken over by AJG at Inverness

Liz
24-Dec-11, 20:15
Was that today? I am stone mad as I was supposed to get a delivery today and it never arrived! :(

carrepairman
25-Dec-11, 07:59
I know it is not much help but mine arrived on Wednesday.

roadbowler
25-Dec-11, 13:31
well, i hope it arrived to you. I ordered 3 things online december 4th!!! from 3 different places all being sent via dhl then passed to agj. None of these arrived yet! Not a happy bunny.

carrepairman
25-Dec-11, 17:16
I had another due to be delivered on tuesday, Tracking info said `Out for delivery` waited in for it to arrive, no show, Checked the tracking again and at 18.45 was shown as returned to depot. reason: Adverse weather conditions!. The only adverse weather at that time was darkness.

Liz
25-Dec-11, 19:22
well, i hope it arrived to you. I ordered 3 things online december 4th!!! from 3 different places all being sent via dhl then passed to agj. None of these arrived yet! Not a happy bunny.
Nope mine never arrived and not impressed! Tracking showed delivery to be by 1pm yesterday.

Really sorry you never got your deliveries either. :(

Liz
25-Dec-11, 19:24
I had another due to be delivered on tuesday, Tracking info said `Out for delivery` waited in for it to arrive, no show, Checked the tracking again and at 18.45 was shown as returned to depot. reason: Adverse weather conditions!. The only adverse weather at that time was darkness.

Obviously just an excuse for not delivering it! It's a flipping (having to be polite here!lol) pest having to wait in for a delivery which is no show.

Mine was a swap out for a Freeview + Recorder and I had to dismantle and set it back up four times and will need to do this again on Wednesday so it better arrive then.
I sent a strongly worded email to DPD as they should never have said it would arrive yesterday if they couldn't do it.

orkneycadian
25-Dec-11, 23:31
I did all my shopping locally this year - Nothing missing in the post, and all delivered to happy people today!

Liz
25-Dec-11, 23:45
I did all my shopping locally this year - Nothing missing in the post, and all delivered to happy people today!

Mine was nothing to do with where I shopped. I was getting a replacement Freeview + Recorder for a faulty one.

Dadie
25-Dec-11, 23:51
I did mine in a mix of locally sourced things and over the tinternet.
All arrived this year in time for the big day.
And the kids loved the Huge box from the tesco direct order (doubled my points for those gifts).It wasnt a big order but what a big box!
It only went in the recycling bin yesterday....
I should have just got them another box....they had so much fun in it ..it was a boat, a castle, a house, a rocket and then they painted it...
I think they sub contract out as we live in a remote area though...my tv showed it was delivered a day before we got it as that was the day it went to the sub contractor!

carrepairman
26-Dec-11, 08:46

I am pleased to read that you are supporting local retailers, However if you can tell me where I can purchase a Can-bus interface and a virginised BSI control unit for a Citroen Piccaso localy, I would be glad to hear it.

orkneycadian
26-Dec-11, 12:59
Maybe buying the car locally in the first place, from a dealer of that marque would facilitate easier future servicing?

carrepairman
26-Dec-11, 16:51
Maybe buying the car locally in the first place, from a dealer of that marque would facilitate easier future servicing?

As you are ovbiously such a diplomat, I will leave you to tell my customers where to buy their new cars locally, being spoilt for choice......

Liz
26-Dec-11, 19:02

If we could get what we need locally at a good price then I'm sure less folk would shop online.

Having said that there are people with illness/disability (like myself) who cannot go shopping in the 'real' world and online shopping is a real lifeline. Until the carriers let us down that is!

Moira
27-Dec-11, 01:38
Liz, there are lots of negative comments about this carrier on the Amazon discussion forums and these refer to all areas of the UK, not just remote areas like ours.

I've had fast, efficient deliveries from National Carriers through Home Delivery/Yodel and AJG. I did have one problem in November when the local carrier was AJG. It turned into a total saga, from my parcel being scanned in at Inverness one day, out for delivery the next, then back in Inverness because it was a "wrong address". Two days running I had a phone message to my landline from the driver leaving a mobile number to call to arrange delivery. Upon ringing the mobile number I found it to be switched off with no option of leaving a message. When I eventually got to speak to the driver on the second day it transpired that his mobile was faulty and his calls were being diverted to another mobile. My parcel was delivered within the hour.

I decided the poor driver had enough problems without me adding to them by complaining - anyway I was glad to see my parcel!

Hope you get sorted out this week. Maybe the driver will be due a tea-break around the time of your delivery and could dismantle/set up the new recorder for you while you put on the kettle and cut him a big slice of Christmas cake ??! :)

Liz
27-Dec-11, 13:08
Oh heck Moira! I hope my parcel hasn't gone on it's jollies like yours did!

I'd never heard of these carriers but think it's AJG which didn't deliver when they should have as, going by tracking, it is in the Inverness depot.

Ah well here's hoping it arrives tomorrow before the gales do. It might come when I'm in beddy byes so will need to dismantle the flipping thing tonight. Again!:roll: