PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Day Shop Opening

Birons
23-Dec-11, 17:18
What are the opinons on shops being open on Boxing day?

I know it's tradition in some parts, but is it what the people of Wick would want?

www.birons.co.uk (http://www.birons.co.uk)

brandy
23-Dec-11, 17:49
im closed on boxing day.. just want a couple days with the family..
what are you open ?

Birons
23-Dec-11, 17:52
what are you open ?

We were going away, but our plans have changed.

I wanted to see if it's what the shoppers of Wick would want on Boxing day.

pat
23-Dec-11, 18:15
Woolies used to be open Boxing Day and was always packed out - folk looking for bargains, the children wanting to spend any money received in their presents.
Best wishes to you opening on Boxing Day, hope as many people as possible discover your shop and all its contents, well worth a visit.

mumof2
23-Dec-11, 23:38
hi i'm not looking for shops to be open on boxing day but i dare say plenty folk will be down the street looking for the sales to be starting.

Dadie
23-Dec-11, 23:41
Nor I...but if pushed I could come up with a long list of DIY jobs for hubby to do in the hols!

Venture
24-Dec-11, 10:36
I don't think shops should or need to be open on Boxing Day. Everybody has more than enough food etc bought before hand and sales could wait another day. In fact having caught sight of all the overflowing trolleys coming out of Tescos, you'd think all shops were to be closed for a week, not a day. I do feel sorry for those who work in the retail trade and have no choice but to work. Boxing day should be spent relaxing, eating chocolate and deciding on what to do with the left over turkey.

Dman
24-Dec-11, 11:28
everyone should be entitled to have xmas at home, unfortunately there are some people who operate in essential services and xmas at home is not always a luxury they enjoy, but I'm sure non essential services could afford to be off for 1 more day(Boxing Day), when people can't spend on boxing day they'll make up for the day after, I can't imagine retail would lose out that much in the grand scheme of things.

Tilly Teckel
24-Dec-11, 21:23
What are the opinons on shops being open on Boxing day?

I know it's tradition in some parts, but is it what the people of Wick would want?

I think you should act like a proper Welshman and head for the pub!

Birons
25-Dec-11, 02:38
I agree with all of the above, the pub it is.:Razz

Thank you all for your feedback.

upolian
25-Dec-11, 10:03
Days off,what are those???

Torvaig
25-Dec-11, 10:46
Just follow Birons! ;)

orkneycadian
25-Dec-11, 12:26
From an across the water perspective, they should definately be open. It is Monday after all! Us farmers are back to usual service by then, following a reasonably normal days work on Christmas day!

A thought, if taking the day off and going to the pub is the thing to do, who is going to do the serving? ;) Ah yes, those that have to work so that others can have a day off! :)