PDA

View Full Version : updating the org

annemarie482
23-Dec-11, 11:57
i know this isnt really the org's fault, its the people who put up their details and dont bother to update or remove etc but....

i'm desperately struggling to find a band for my wedding since our band double booked us, :eek: and having gone through the bands page on here, there are few on the list that still exist and lots that do that simply arent on it (i assume that because they havent asked to put it on?)
also many of the exisiting bands have myspace accounts for their details where the pages just dont exisit anymore. (not sure wether they are aware of this)

so is there any way we could put out a shout to ask any members of a band who are reading this to update their org entry, or if they havent got one, to consider making one to boost their profile.

a quick search on the org reveals lots of threads looking for bands and their details, so it is obviously of interest and need!

also, talking of updating, and again down to the people uploading their info....... on a recent search for rental accomodation for a family member, we discovered most were no longer available for let, and most had been gone for some time! so also dated information.

anyway, lot of drivel about not much, but you get my drift!

Torvaig
23-Dec-11, 12:16
Well said Annemarie; there are many such examples online and it is a nuisance. People just don't think to update or remove posts that are no longer valid and are a waste of folks' time when they are looking for a specific person, place, group etc.

Hopefully your reminder will at least jolt some peoples' memories to amend their details...... would be very helpful all round.

Anyway, back to your question; I am sending you a pm with some details I hope will help.

P.S. SORRY ANNEMARIE, MY FIRST PM GAVE THE WRONG NUMBER, HAVE AMENDED IT ON A NEW PM

annemarie482
23-Dec-11, 12:27
:lol::lol::roll:
talking of updating...... have now emptied my mail box could you resend?! lol thanks x

Torvaig
23-Dec-11, 13:49
Oh dear, one is as bad as the other! I have now pm'd you with the number I think will help you; good luck! :lol:

annemarie482
23-Dec-11, 22:11
thank you for the pm's folks!
hopefully get word back from some of them soon!

still think an email to those who submit their band details asking them to update their advert etc would be a good idea :)