PDA

View Full Version : Its not easy

wkgeorge
23-Dec-11, 01:58
Not easy to get a chip shop open in Wick, Wednesday 21st December, tried Houstons, Harbour and Henrietta shops at 7.30pm to find none open, anyone know when opening hours are ?

Crackeday
23-Dec-11, 07:46
I know there all shut, and they wonder why people go to the Chinese and Indians etc, its probably due to the fact that its only take aways that are open. I remember Elizabeths used to stay open until late at the weekends and about 10 during the week and there was always someone in the place, they did a roaring trade, the trade is there but no one seems to want to open!!!

purplelady
24-Dec-11, 01:13
Houstons are open till 6 sun mon tues and weds and till thurs fri and sat x

Dadie
24-Dec-11, 02:02
Its the same as always...
If there was a chippy open when visiting time was finished at the hospital, I think they would have made a killing....
As it was my hubby made dowith sugar sarnies till I came home...

speedo215
24-Dec-11, 11:37
the chipper on bridge street tried to stay open late for a while but found after 8pm they had nobody come in

purplelady
25-Dec-11, 00:56
i work in houstons and after 7 on thurs fris and sats most weeks it is pretty much dead so any later than 8 wud be a waste of time xxxxxxxx

Dadie
25-Dec-11, 01:05
but something open after the hosp visiting hours would be a godsend......anything...hubbys who cant cook/wont cook will be catered for there!

purplelady
27-Dec-11, 01:03
but something open after the hosp visiting hours would be a godsend......anything...hubbys who cant cook/wont cook will be catered for there!I agree but if they stay open on the off chance they wud maybe make no money cannot just be open incase overheads too high x

Dadie
27-Dec-11, 01:14
But on the flip side of the coin...
If they had a skeleton staff on and the people knew they were actually open ..maybe they would get busy at that time and need more staff..
Or have a chance at opening at "pub closing time" and capture the hungry drinkers then..

rogermellie
27-Dec-11, 01:42
i'm no expert in chippie footfall but i'm assuming that if there were enough customers to make it financially viable then surely they would be open.

takeaways can operate outwith chippy times cos they have lower overheads and their food is mostly made to order.

i'll happily wait for a chinese or indian to be cooked, but for some reason, i expect a chippy to have a king rib supper ready and waiting !!

Dadie
27-Dec-11, 02:04
\A good chippie makes to order everytime!#

Its then cooked fresh and is hot.....

rogermellie
27-Dec-11, 02:08
\A good chippie makes to order everytime!#

Its then cooked fresh and is hot.....

show me a chippie that does that and i'll show you an empty chippie.

Dadie
27-Dec-11, 02:15
Ashvale in aberdenshire...won countless awards and the sit in bit is always full unless you book!

Crackeday
27-Dec-11, 08:37
Every time Ive gone to a chippie in wick its always cooked to order. They may have sausages reds etc ready at lunchtimes for the rush or at tea time but nearly always cooked to order.

gerry4
27-Dec-11, 11:38
The chippie by the harbour always cooks the fish as ordered and most of the other things too. I find that he is also best best chippie in town. Food good and polite service. Always go there now instead of Henrietta's

poppett
27-Dec-11, 19:31
Wick chippies have never been the same since Peachey`s closed...................

starfish
27-Dec-11, 19:41
chippies up here are to expensive went to norfolk got a huge helping of fish and chips for £4.00 and the fish was fresh this was in august this year and they are a fishing village like here