PDA

View Full Version : Tescos Christmas Opening Times

starlight express
22-Dec-11, 21:11
Anyone know if Tescos will be open 24 hours over the next couple of days, need to do a big food shop and remember shopping after midnight last year, best time to shop .

Dadie
22-Dec-11, 21:49
Try this
http://www.tesco.com/storelocator/

If the page isnt at the Wick store already just type it in the space!

annemarie482
22-Dec-11, 21:56
they are open 24hrs now :)

orkneycadian
22-Dec-11, 22:14
Anyone know what time Tesco opens on the days they have 24 hour opening?

bekisman
22-Dec-11, 22:31
Funnily enough although Tesco's down in England proclaim on their hoarding that they are open 24 hours - they don't, Sunday they're only open from about 10.00 til 16.00!!!!

Was over in Kirkwall a while back; Tesco was packed as was next door Lidl, but next door at Co-op there were six shoppers in there.. why's that, is it an Orkney thing or something?

captain chaos
22-Dec-11, 22:57
Well if its like the coop over here in Thurso then there will be two tills open at the most busy times compared to Tescos who will have every till open.

Its the difference between standing in a queue for 20 mins or 4 mins .

I also noticed another annoying habit in the coop where if a barcode wont scan then the till operator wanders away to find another one to try and scan ....again the queue for the two tills grows longer where as in tTescos a person is summoned to get the barcode to allow the till operator to carry on scanning.

theone
22-Dec-11, 23:40
Was over in Kirkwall a while back; Tesco was packed as was next door Lidl, but next door at Co-op there were six shoppers in there.. why's that, is it an Orkney thing or something?

People shop where they want, and like, to shop.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Eilanboy
23-Dec-11, 12:38
Try shopping in the Wick CO-OP in the evenings.If you are lucky enough to find what you want then you have to join the usually large que at the cigarrette counter as no tills are open.If there are any other staff about they just stand and watch the que getting longer and longer.
Little wonder Tesco and Lidl get most of the trade in Wick

Corrie 3
23-Dec-11, 13:29
Yes and can someone tell me what time they shut please ?
Or can someone ring up for me and let me know while I go for a soak in the bath!!!

C3..................:roll::roll:

Kodiak
23-Dec-11, 16:40
http://i.imgur.com/3CgFc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZYKvZ.jpg

cptdodger
23-Dec-11, 19:45
That's the law in England. Opening hours depend on square footage, hence corner shops could open 24 hrs a day 7 days a week 365 days a year if they so wished. Larger stores, the likes of Tesco's close at 10pm on a Saturday evening, Sunday is 10 to 4pm then it re-opens at 8 am on Monday morning right through to Saturday at 10pm.

orkneycadian
25-Dec-11, 23:35
Some laws like that up here would be good!

chocolatechip
26-Dec-11, 13:11
Hi, is the Tesco fuel station open today considering it's boxing day

misty woman
26-Dec-11, 20:43
Try shopping in the Wick CO-OP in the evenings.If you are lucky enough to find what you want then you have to join the usually large que at the cigarrette counter as no tills are open.If there are any other staff about they just stand and watch the que getting longer and longer.
Little wonder Tesco and Lidl get most of the trade in WickInstead of having a go at the wick co-op on here,maybe you should complain to the store manager.

Corrie 3
26-Dec-11, 21:47
Hi, is the Tesco fuel station open today considering it's boxing day
Hang on, I will just jump in my car and do a 50mile round trip to go and have a look for you!!......Wont be a tick.......:roll:

C3.............:roll::roll: