PDA

View Full Version : missing post

Sniperama
21-Dec-11, 23:31
I recently had a thread informing the public about a new auction site created for caithness and for some reason it has now vanished with no explanation ? am i right in saying that this is a comunity forum for informain people about things in caithness or perhaps i placed the post in the wrong part of the forum can someone please shed light on this?

ducati
21-Dec-11, 23:49
Try the Business section.

annemarie482
21-Dec-11, 23:56
i've had similar removed but i recieved a mail teling me as the site was in direct competition for selling items it was removed.

Sniperama
22-Dec-11, 00:07
I have just tried the business section and have now found that the word qk bid with no spaces has been banned from caithness.org, i.e if i type www.qk bid.co.uk as one word i get www..co.uk. as the online auction site is not a classifieds and not in direct compatition with it i have found plenty posts on caithness.org about www.ebay.co.uk now that is another auction site the only diffrence is mine is for locals i would email admin about this but i have tried emailing them before with no response.

ducati
22-Dec-11, 00:10
Oh well. it'd be like trying to get Coca-Cola to advertise Pepsi.

secrets in symmetry
22-Dec-11, 00:11
I've noticed they remove anything that could be viewed as competition, and they seem to do it as a matter of course. It's not very community minded....

Sniperama
22-Dec-11, 00:18
Oh well. it'd be like trying to get Coca-Cola to advertise Pepsi. i do not see how these two are the same a online auction site is were you can bid for items a classifieds site is were you can post everything and anything for a fixed price ? i understand that the two are very similer but when you look on the grand scale of the thousands of people who use caithness.org as a comunity website for the people we should have a right to tell people about other sites in the LOCAL area.

Phill
22-Dec-11, 00:21
ranty ranty ranty facebook tesco yadda yadda yadda stampy feety locky thready outrage buz yawn

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ducati
22-Dec-11, 00:22
i do not see how these two are the same a online auction site is were you can bid for items a classifieds site is were you can post everything and anything for a fixed price ? i understand that the two are very similer but when you look on the grand scale of the thousands of people who use caithness.org as a comunity website for the people we should have a right to tell people about other sites in the LOCAL area.

You can believe what you like, but you already have the answer.

Southern-Gal
22-Dec-11, 07:12
Share it on facebook.

Nick Noble
22-Dec-11, 10:22
I guess that as long as Bill is paying for the site he can pretty much do as he wants. I'm also pretty certain that you would be able to pay to advertise on the site...

secrets in symmetry
23-Dec-11, 00:12
I guess that as long as Bill is paying for the site he can pretty much do as he wants. I'm also pretty certain that you would be able to pay to advertise on the site...IIRC Bill claimed in a recent post that the site is paid for by advertising via Google. The real reason he can do whatever he wants because it's his ball, and he can kick yours into touch if you step over the line.

I still think it's a poor show on his part, and a poor show for a site that includes the word "Community" in its title.

Niall Fernie
23-Dec-11, 09:31
Replace the name Bill with the name Niall and you'll be more accurate.

secrets in symmetry
23-Dec-11, 23:08
I remembered correctly, it was Bill that posted the stuff about ads paying for the site: On ad blocking I would point out that...

I (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?162845-The-Internet&p=907605#post907605)s it just the "poor show" bit that you do? :cool:

That's a joke BTW. I know you do real stuff too.