PDA

View Full Version : Purse lost or stolen.

TheGregp81
21-Dec-11, 23:20
Today I lost my purse, and then i suspect it was stolen. In which was £100-£150, personal photo's on a memory stick and on paper, various cards (drivers license etc.)
I have phoned both the police and Tesco to see if it was handed in, but with no luck. I am really disappointed in what has happened, has anyone else had an experience like this and did you ever get yours back?

Dadie
21-Dec-11, 23:27
I had mine lifted from my back pocket once.
It may be worth security to check the "bins" in the ladies loos if they are allowed (health and safety) as the purse would be dumped sharpish.
Mine was found in the "not nice bins" in the ladies in the Central 10 mins after it was lifted ...I took the contents and chucked the purse.
Hope you cancelled the cards etc...

TheGregp81
21-Dec-11, 23:29
Thank i never thought of checking there :O And yes the cards have been cancelled

Dadie
21-Dec-11, 23:39
Dvla will need to know too if your license is stolen..
And its a horrible but common problem at this time of year where unscrupulous people need cash quick to buy their granny a pressie...or to buy stuff they dont have cash for...
Hide your purse/wallet ..not in your back pocket or handbag..espesh if you dont zip up your handbag girls!...put it in an inside pocket if possible and use your handbag as a make up come first aid kit only!
that way thieves dont get what they want..cash/cards and your bag will be usually dumped near by!
I learned the hard way...my tip money was stolen as well as my christmas wages...a lot of money to me then...
The last time my bag went awol it didnt have anything of any worth in it....2 dirty nappies and a tupperware of baby food ..it was found within an hour in the Eastgate centre by me...no point reporting it....nothing stolen...thieves were disappointed!