PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera's??

Lou18
14-Dec-04, 14:52
Can somebody recommend a good make of digital camera (although it must be reasonably priced as it's a xmas present!). I'm looking to purchase one, alone with all the bits and pieces for downloading the photo's onto the computer as well as a printer?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated? :D

Julia
14-Dec-04, 17:24
I have a new digital camera that I am really really pleased with, it's a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC50. It's small and compact and very easy to use. It has 3.2 megapixels and a whole host of features inc 9x digital zoom and 3x optical zoom, you can also record short movies but with no sound tho. It's also very easy to download pix to ur pc, just plug it in....

It cost me £150 but I heard they are now selling for £129, I bought mine direct from the Panasonic website but I think Graham Begg stocks them too.

brandy
14-Dec-04, 17:44
most def would say fuji as even the 1.3 is a good model.. and are not that expensive as long as you dont go for a super camera !"*G* :D

theone
14-Dec-04, 18:22
Advice on printing your photos - dont bother.

I used to do this until someone recommended me to the jessops website. Download their editing software and then send your pics to them for processing. They are far cheaper than printing your own, due to the high cost of photo paper and ink and they are really quick - normally 2 days.

Julia
14-Dec-04, 18:42
I print my own, I don't find it expensive at all, I get good quality photo paper on eBay for only £1.99, that's for a pack of 20 sheets and it arrives the next day.

Julia
14-Dec-04, 18:45
Always a good idea to also take battery usage into consideration, I used to use a Fuji Finepix and it was very hard on batteries, my new camera takes about 100 pics on 2 AA batteries, although it varies depending on whether you use the flash or not.

George Brims
14-Dec-04, 19:13
Another factor on battery usage is how bright you have the display set. Some of them ar hard to see outdoors in bright sunshine unless you turn them to the full brightness, but then the batteries go very quickly. It's goot to get into the habit of hitting the power off as soon as ou are done, rather than waiting for the camera to shut off automatically (assuming your camera does that at all).

Raonaid
14-Dec-04, 20:40
I would recommend getting a camera that uses standard battery sizes eg AA because you can always get AA size rechargable batteries for it and also you have got to think about if you are on holiday and they run down. You can then just buy some standard AA batteries to keep you snapping photos.

I use a Toshiba PDR4 , it uses a special rechargable battery so i can't rely on it for holidays. However it uses smartmedia cards that are great. At my computer i just pop the card into a reader USB thing and the uplink is instantaneous. Also Sutherland's pharmacy has a digital photo printing machine that takes smartmedia cards.

linzy222
14-Dec-04, 22:11
I bought a kodak camera with the printer dock, good quality photo's and the dock recharges the batteries

U get a cartridge pack with 20 sheets of photo paper for £20

The Angel Of Death
15-Dec-04, 10:46
I got a fuji S3500 good camera infact the best i have had so far and i managed to get a 256 xd card bundles with it as well for about £220 plus postage

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=66141

Lou18
15-Dec-04, 11:54
Thanks everyone.....

Linzy222 - The camera that you bought sounds exactly the sort of thing I am looking for - can I ask where you bought it?

Cheers!

linzy222
15-Dec-04, 12:12
I bought it from argos it was £220 altogether but i think they have an offer on just now if u buy the 2 together

The camera was £90 and the dock was £130

I was in inverness a couple of weeks ago and i'm sure it was £180 if u bought the 2 together

I found this on ebay if u r interested, it is the same camera etc as mine at half the price

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1085&item=3860667971&rd=1

or there is this 1, seems better

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31388&item=3860067037&rd=1

Brillant choice u made, excellent pics, with the little screen on the back so u can view and delete unwanted pics

Lou18
15-Dec-04, 12:20
Thank for that! Although the ebay site is blocked at my work so I can't go on to see it. Plus with it being so close to xmas I don't think I'd be keen to go through ebay incase I didn't get it back on time!! I've left it a bit to late for anything!

Do you know the code for it in argos so I could have a look on the argos website?

linzy222
15-Dec-04, 12:24
sorry no but if u put in cx 6200 in the search bar then u should get it that way

Good luck

linzy222
15-Dec-04, 12:30
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=2501&langId=-1&searchTerms=kodak+printer+dock

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=2501&langId=-1&searchTerms=KODAK%20CX6200&viewType=seeAll&sortBy_1=16384&searchScope=468&searchType=&maxResults=11&fltrCatIds_1=16448

Nearly the same but a newer style

linzy222
16-Dec-04, 19:15
Hi i got an email from argos today about a deal they r doing for 3 days and guess what it is???

A digi camera and printer deal for £99.98

It is HP and the codes r 560/2764 for the camera and 670/0373 for the printer

The printer is £79.99 on its own and the camera is £149.99

So its a good deal i don't think u will get any better