PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE!

Fran
13-Dec-04, 19:38
[mad] Re the recent large advertisement in the local paper of a special offer at the Royal Highland Hotel, Inverness, next to the Rail station. It states from november until March, 2005, Bed and Breakfast and dinner in the Ash Restaurant (up to the value of £20) is £25 per person.
i booked this and asked if there was an extra charge for single rooms, as there was nothing about extras in the ad, i was told no, it was £25 for special offer of BB&Dinner.
:evil Beware.......you think it is £25 when you book, but you are misled, as you will be charged double the advertised cost. [evil] It will be £50 for a single room JUST for B&B,no dinner included. A very LARGE advertisement which is VERY misleading, and a few Caithness folk have been "had" by it. [mad]

joe
13-Dec-04, 22:37
we stayed in the hotel two weeks ago on the special offer that was in the groat .2 nights b&b and dinner +drink and it was £100 the price that they told us, was so good we went back this weekend,could not get that offer this time,but we got 1night b&b.dinner +drink for £68.00.it was excellant,no complaints.They said they had a new booking system and had a few problems,maybe you should phone them and say you were not happy,you never know they may willing to give you a refund its worth a try.

lelebo
14-Dec-04, 10:27
Having booked a special Christmas Shopping stay directly with the hotel (giving my credit card details to confirm), my friend and I arrived at the hotel to be told they had no record of our booking.

The hotel had managed to overbook by several rooms. Far from offering help and support, the Manager was extremely rude and even abusive- gave rooms to people on more expensive rates rather than fulfil our booking and accused us of lying about our booking. Although the reception staff had told us they had a problem with overbooking (a problem made obvious by the fact the hotel lobby was full of people with no room) - I was told I was lying when I pointed this out to him.

After keeping us waiting for two hours he told us he would not have a room for us (although he'd given rooms to people who arrived after us). When I asked that he find us a room in another hotel at the same rate (common practice in hotel management) he point blank refused and became extremely aggressive and rude - shouting over me and refusing to allow me to speak.

Luckily someone else found us a room at the Tower Hotel in Ardross Terrace. The service there was fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone. They even offered the rate the Royal Highland had originally offered as they were so shocked at the treatment we had suffered.

I wrote to the hotel and have had no response and posted a complaint to their website which they removed. I have also written to the newspapers in which this special offer was advertised to complain

Julia
14-Dec-04, 17:42
I'm totally shocked by the way that hotel manager treated you! I would not let that one go if I were you, if it's a chain of hotels then write to head office or complain to the tourist board or whoever it is that rates them.

Fran
15-Dec-04, 04:29
:D I sent an e-mail to the Groat as the advert for the highland Hotel was in there and was misleading, and i also sent an e-mail to the hotel. both replied the next day. the hotel manager, Greg, admitted the ad was misleading and has refunded me, and states the special rates are only for 2 sharing at 325 each or £50 a single room. i think they may do a new advert in the groat because the offer they desrcibed runs till March. i think you should do the same, especially after the way you were treated. They should give you a free room for all the inconvenience. [evil]

Fran
15-Dec-04, 04:31
I made a typing error :roll: It should read £25 each for 2 sharing and £50 a single, sorry.

joe
15-Dec-04, 22:08
Glad you managed to get a refund sometimes it pays to complain but always find you get better results if you keep CALM.

lelebo
16-Dec-04, 10:40
I did email the hotel and they completely ignored my email - I also posted to their website and they removed it. I emailed the Groat and their promotions people are speaking to the hotel - I wanted them to print it as a letter to the editor but they are holding it off until they've spoken to the hotel

lelebo
24-Dec-04, 12:16
Hi again - a little update. I heard from the John O'Groat Journal promotions company today and they've spoken to the manager my complaint was regarding. I'm not sure what explanation the manager gave but he said that he had good comments in writing from other people and that he would not apologise to me. I just can't believe that this is good practice - no matter how good other people think a hotel is, everyone should be treated well.

All I really wanted was an apology but now I feel I have no choice but to take this complaint further.

Mr P Cannop
24-Dec-04, 12:22
Hi again - a little update. I heard from the John O'Groat Journal promotions company today and they've spoken to the manager my complaint was regarding. I'm not sure what explanation the manager gave but he said that he had good comments in writing from other people and that he would not apologise to me. I just can't believe that this is good practice - no matter how good other people think a hotel is, everyone should be treated well.

All I really wanted was an apology but now I feel I have no choice but to take this complaint further.

i agree with you