PDA

View Full Version : Who is.................

poppett
16-Dec-11, 21:26
Boo and Graham from Orkney?

We had a christmas card arrive today with our surname and the correct address, including postcode (house number was wrong) and postie assumed it was for us.

OH opened it and assumed it was someone I knew, and I thought it was someone he knew.... now we are both puzzled.

Don`t want the real recipient to miss out on festive greetings from over the water.

Hope someone out in orgland can help.

orkneycadian
17-Dec-11, 11:42
I ken a Bu from Orkney, but his other half isn't a Graham! ;)

Torvaig
17-Dec-11, 12:33
I presume you have tried the people at the house number given on the card.....

poppett
17-Dec-11, 17:03
They sent it to us via the postie. Nobody else in the street with our surname. Thought it may have been a similar street name in Scrabster, but no takers there either.

golach
17-Dec-11, 18:28
I remember when I was a postman, in the 60's in Leith a letter doing the rounds of all the 70 postmen on the Office, addressed to W Sinker, Madrid, Leith......I managed to got it to its destination to Messrs William Sinclair Pipe maker, Maderia Street Leith, it was an order for 3 sets of bagpipes. Willie Sinclair was pleased, and he was from Caithness too.

poppett
17-Dec-11, 18:39
Good for you Golach.

Wish our quest was so simple.

susan.leith
17-Dec-11, 18:43
Hey Golach my dad was a postie in Leith.... Clark Dickson. He must have see that letter too!

golach
17-Dec-11, 23:11
Hey Golach my dad was a postie in Leith.... Clark Dickson. He must have see that letter too!

I knew Clark well, he was an awful prankster [lol] Is he well?

susan.leith
18-Dec-11, 17:51
My Dad and Golach now reunited after 40 years, thank to the .org :-)

Moira
18-Dec-11, 20:03
Awww, that's nice.

The Caithness dot Org forums seem to reach places other forums don't lol.

Delighted for them both. :)

golach
18-Dec-11, 21:18
My Dad and Golach now reunited after 40 years, thank to the .org :-)

Thanks Susan, the power of the Org to reach places that others cannot never ceases to amaze me.

Tilly Teckel
18-Dec-11, 22:11
Lovely to hear about Susan's dad and Golach.... but I'm still wondering who the hell Boo and Graham are!?

poppett
19-Dec-11, 11:28
Still no news on that front, Tilly, but will let you know if we ever solve the mystery.

Delighted with your reunion news Golach.x

Bazeye
19-Dec-11, 18:59
I send one out every year to my mate and his wife, but just pick a couple of random names, so theyre trying to think who its from.

Tugmistress
20-Dec-11, 08:13
Poppett, i asked postie yesterday if there was someone in scrabster on the road in question with the same surname and he says yes, give me a shout if you want the house number so you can ask them :)

poppett
21-Dec-11, 11:31
I have already been in contact as last year we had Christmas cards for them. That time the address had no postcode, this time it does have our proper postcode on it, so the mystery deepens.

linnie612
21-Dec-11, 12:48
Why not offer a small reward for information? You will be knee-deep in Boos' and Grahams' before you know it! (you might even chance on the right ones;))

poppett
21-Dec-11, 15:17
Probably Bazeye picked on us this year with his silly game.

canuck
21-Dec-11, 18:51
Poppet, I cannot help you with your puzzle. But I can assure you that you are not alone.
Last week I received an envelope with a name I didn't recognize to a house number on my street that dosen't exist.
Yesterday I received a card with the outside address just fine, but the card inside was meant for someone else. I have no idea who has my card. But it is Christmas and I like the communal spirit.
Today's card had only one bit in common with me - the house number. The family name was different, the street was different and it was for a town outside of Edinburgh. It will just go back in the post.

poppett
21-Dec-11, 19:04
Card is now sitting in pride of place on the display cabinet. Just hope nobody asks who it is from! You have got me wondering now if my cards went into the correct envelopes.........