PDA

View Full Version : Freeview or electricity supply

Liz
16-Dec-11, 19:45
My Freeview box turned off a couple of times last night between 7pm and 8pm and then rebooted.

The telly didn't go off so take it there wasn't an interruption to the power supply? Did anyone else have a problem?

Liz
16-Dec-11, 23:40
Well I've found someone else whos Freeview box turned off at the same time as mine so not sure whether there was power surge?

Anyway, tonight the box didn't turn off but there was a lot of break up and interference during 7pm and 9pm again! There was nothing in the house causing this so wondered whether anyone else has been having problems with Freeview over the past few nights?

Liz
17-Dec-11, 13:58
Just discovered someone with Sky who has problems between 9 and 10pm every night. What on earth is going on?! :(

Liz
18-Dec-11, 00:22
Hellooooooooooo! Tumbleweed................................. :(

Is no one else having problems with Freeview just now?

It was fine tonight until after 9pm when there were a few glitches. I just want to make sure it's not my freeview box which is at fault. So if anyone else has had similar problems I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Wanted
19-Dec-11, 15:31
I have BT vision Freeview and lately very bad signals on a few channels that were normally good, i am wondering if all the high winds has realigned a few trees blocking signals to Rumster, i may actually get my aerial swung round to face the Orkneys because i have a clear view them, if it does not improve when we get back to normal weather..if it gets really bad i will just watch Sky..i do not subscribe to Sky any more but you can still receive a lot of free channels via their box

Liz
19-Dec-11, 19:08
Well, touch wood, it's all fine now.

I think there was a power surge which shut my Freeview box down and there may have been transmitter problems as the break up only happened at night.

I did look at UKFree and there were loads of transmitters all over the UK marked as having faults. By the time I looked it was back to normal so Rumster wasn't amongst them.

orkneycadian
19-Dec-11, 21:20
My money is on something wrong with your equipment.....

Liz
19-Dec-11, 23:25
Mine wasn't the only freeview box which 'shut down' and other people have had break up on picture etc. It looks like a power surge and transmitter fault.

Kevin Milkins
20-Dec-11, 00:00
I went to the kitchen to get a drink at about the back of ten and when I returned my telly was saying that the freeview signal was poor and I could not get any programmes at all.

I switched everything off and rebooted the router and all is now well again.

Liz
20-Dec-11, 00:14
I think there must have been a problem with lots of transmitters, including Rumster.

Glad yours is okay now as well Kevin.:)

Liz
20-Dec-11, 23:48
Spoke too soon!

All my HD channels had bad interference tonight and there is no fault showing at Rumster Forest. The signal strength was showing as 83% but signal quality was 0%. :(

Haven't a clue what is going on and getting fed up with it. I am tempted to go for Sky but it's a bit expensive and prone to problems as well.

Liz
21-Dec-11, 13:27
Do any other orgers have Freeview HD?

I need to find out whether it is a problem with my PVR or a signal problem.