PDA

View Full Version : The Portland Arms Hotel, Lybster

YummyMummy
16-Dec-11, 19:00
Just a notice to say the Portland Arms hotel is now under new management.

They have space for Christmas Day lunch (there had been a post which I read a few weeks ago to say they were fully booked on Christmas Day - this is not the case). There is also availability for summer weddings in 2012.

I was in today and the new management team left a very positive impression. As always, friendly and welcoming staff too and it is looking lovely and festive with welcoming fires!

I wish the new management every success.

Bertieboy
20-Dec-11, 23:06
Had a great meal there on Saturday night. Try it. It's good.

starfish
20-Dec-11, 23:21
had a meal there once best lamb i have ever tasted

Mr Large Shorts
21-Dec-11, 08:17
On behalf of the management I would like to personally thank Chef Andy Green from Wick, for stepping in at very short notice today for the Christmas period as the previous chef is out of action due to an accident.

Andy is a fantastic Chef with a wealth of experience; he has worked in many top restaurants’ in the UK, and also worked locally at Ackergill Tower. Thank you Andy. There are still a few places left for Christmas Day contact 01593 721 721 to book

offcomedun
21-Dec-11, 12:00
When we had the power cuts the other week the Portland arms staff called around the village"Lybster" offering to fill flasks with boiling water for anyone experiencing hardship....I think its called community spirit...well done Portland arms.

Mr Large Shorts
21-Dec-11, 20:51
Thank you for your comment offcomedun. The new management want to encourage more local trade. They have some great ideas that I am sure will benefit the local community. There is also a new pool table to try out and a new menu that will not break the bank. Its worth a shot.