PDA

View Full Version : property damaged

krieve
27-Oct-06, 12:24
We where pretty lucky with the bad weather and didn't really have any damage apart from our gate which can be sort easily. My parents have ridge tiles off the roof, water leaking into one of the bedrooms and the chimney is blocked.... I Just wondering who all had property damaged with yesterdays high winds and floods.

saxovtr
27-Oct-06, 12:37
only things i encountered yesterday was a road sign and cone going walkies,a trampoline about to go for a flying lesson,and a wooden gate at my house slightly buckled so was very fortunate,sorry to hear about the damage hope it is sorted soon

mums angels
27-Oct-06, 13:22
Well my house only had one plastic cover come of the side of the garage roof but other than that all seems well....some of my neighbours lost a few of theres though and one neighbour lost their trampoline.. i saw them picking up all the peices for it today.:(

unicorn
27-Oct-06, 13:56
just some damage in the garden so not too bothered.

BazzaG
27-Oct-06, 14:10
Thankfully all i have is a garden fence thats lying in the garden and some felt of the shed as the only damage

angela5
27-Oct-06, 14:47
Thankfully no damage krieve, sorry to hear about your parents house.

Spirit
27-Oct-06, 15:23
We where pretty lucky with the bad weather and didn't really have any damage apart from our gate which can be sort easily. My parents have ridge tiles off the roof, water leaking into one of the bedrooms and the chimney is blocked.... I Just wondering who all had property damaged with yesterdays high winds and floods.

Should anyone reqiure roof repair call Donnie on 0771 839 1918, Highland Roof repair sevice.

Lavenderblue2
27-Oct-06, 16:47
Yes krieve, we had a bit of damage. The forward roof light on our caravan was torn off - quite a bit of damage there. Such a pity, it's only a couple of years old, the first time we've ever had a new caravan. I don't think they're ever the same again after damage.

We have a few slates with the edges broken off with flapping up and down - lucky though as we could have lost some. The water was pouring through our new Velux window in the shower room.

I live in the country and when I was outside today looking at the damage there was even bits of coo's coats all in our close. Poor things I was so sorry for them yesterday - felt like inviting them in :( By the look of our caravan it could have been a flying coo that damaged it!

LB

hobbes1962
27-Oct-06, 17:22
We're pretty luck - we've no damage caused to our house at all and for some amazing stroke of luck, all my pot plants in the garden are all still standing upright!

I'm sorry to hear about all the people with damage though. It must be so soul destroying.

I've never seen the river reach the Youth Club (Thurso) before either. I can't believe it got that high.

saffy100
27-Oct-06, 22:02
Hi all,

Well my house flooded, started at the front then with the heavy rain travelled round the back and was about six inches deep at the back of the house, then as i was busy putting sandbags at the front i didn't notice it was coming in the back of the house under the floor....soaked living room, dining room and bedroom and kitchen....all new carpets!!! when you stand on them it causes puddles round your feet....:-(
Due to the high level of claims the chemdry people can't come out till tomorrow so have been wearing wellies in the house for 2 days...:-(

Still it's not as bad as some people.

Saffy100

oldmarine
27-Oct-06, 22:10
Sorry to learn about the damage that some of you suffered, but it's good to know that some of you did not suffer to badly.