PDA

View Full Version : Totally shocked and disgusted

donnick
16-Dec-11, 15:45
Today while reading threw the daily record i reached page 8 and there was a article about a road traffic accident between a bus and lorry with picture I was shocked to see that the driver of the lorry who was fatally injured in the accident on full view in the picture ,what was the paper thinking of when they printed this picture i lost my dad in the same manner and found the picture very upsetting and disgusted that a paper would print a picture in full view for this poor man family to see .I did complain to the press complaints commission who said that the family had already been in touch as they had seen this picture also ,as if it wasn't bad enough that they had to deal with the loss of loosing a family member.I will not be buying this paper again that does not respect people who are grieving

Anfield
16-Dec-11, 16:32
Sadly, as we have seen in other issues concerning the media, it seems that there are no limits which the press will stoop to in order to obtain "a story".
The guy who wrote the article on Kate McCann's (Madelaines mother) did not think that he was doing anything morally wrong in his story, saying that it was not up to him to clear it with Mrs McCann.
Hillsborough liar Kelvin McKenzie stated that he obtained his "facts" about the disaster from a Merseyside press agency (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16110588). When the press agency stated it was going to sue him he backtracked and withdrew allegation

Commore
16-Dec-11, 16:57
The media taking advantage of the word "transparency" to the extreme.
Disgraceful.

Frith
17-Dec-11, 11:09
It seems editors barely even look at stuff before it goes to press, really sorry to hear about that.

orkneycadian
17-Dec-11, 11:27
Sounds more like a picture that has slipped through the editorial net rather than "stooping low to sell a story" - Page 8 stories are generally not the ones that sell the papers.

I havn't seen this picture, and won't likely, but one thing it will be is a true refelection of what people will find at road accidents, however horrific that may be. I have, by chance, been first on the scene at a couple of road accidents, one a near fatality, and its not a pretty sight. By all means, be shocked at the carnage a road accident can cause, and drive that little bit more carefully as a result. But don't expect, if you take to the roads, to not be first on the scene some day and come across a scene of utter devastation.

The worlds not all a place of green grass and fluffy bunnies....

sassylass
18-Dec-11, 04:50
Agreed, accidents are a fact of life but that does not make it acceptable to publish graphic photos and horrific details. I recall how I felt after my father's fatal accident, reading about it in the newspaper was an intrusion on our privacy and feelings. Lack of sensitivity and civility reduces us to third world status. Do we want that?