PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone ok?

cuddlepop
27-Oct-06, 11:10
Well Caithness/sutherland you certainly took a barrering with the weather these past few days.Is everyone ok?
Trying to follow the threads to make sure everyone accounted for and some of you awfay quiet,you been flooded out.?
Silly me cause if you had there would be total silence:eek:
Emzs you still marooned?

Kingetter
27-Oct-06, 11:13
Glug glug - head's still above water!:lol:

Piglet
27-Oct-06, 11:20
Fine here.

Quite calm & dry - so far anyway.

connieb19
27-Oct-06, 11:21
Is that the bad weather over now, or should we be expecting more? :confused

cuddlepop
27-Oct-06, 11:21
You grown web feet and flippers yet?[lol] Have the council got there emergency action plan in place.They were asking the Skye@Lochalsh roads boys to go out and bail you lot out so to speak.

pultneytooner
27-Oct-06, 11:22
Should be a heatwave next with light snowshowers.[lol]

angela5
27-Oct-06, 11:23
Quite a nice morning, calm and dry for now, think there is more rain expected at lunchtime.

angela5
27-Oct-06, 11:26
Should be a heatwave next with light snowshowers.

:lol: :lol:

connieb19
27-Oct-06, 11:30
Should be a heatwave next with light snowshowers.[lol]
LOL, I wouldna be surprised. :roll:

krieve
27-Oct-06, 11:33
There was a red sky this morning connie Shepard's or fisherman warning[lol] lol

connieb19
27-Oct-06, 11:35
Cheers Krieve, I think I'll stay in today then, just to be on the safe side.

angela5
27-Oct-06, 11:40

Love a red sky, you should of taken some more photos Krieve.:D

emszxr
27-Oct-06, 11:40
hi cuddlepop
no, the river and loch levels have dropped way down today. my hubby got to the shop, but there was not a lot in it. it is amazing how quick it comes and goes here.
cheers for asking
hope everyone else ok. my brother had sandbags at his doors yesterday, scrabster.

krieve
27-Oct-06, 11:55
Love a red sky, you should of taken some more photos Krieve.:D
I would have but i was still in the land of nod [lol] It was hubby that saw the red sky this morning when he was getting ready for work.

aileenmac
27-Oct-06, 12:12
I have a picture of the red sky this morning, but is is a bit dark, i would have posted it but the file size is too big!:(

saxovtr
27-Oct-06, 13:17
im ok thanx,my mates garage attached to his house was flooded most of his power tools are broken,well no thanx to a mini river flowing past his hoose yesterday!!!

lin
27-Oct-06, 13:44
Hope your all ok, was thinking about you all during the atrocious weather.:)

krieve
27-Oct-06, 13:52
I have a picture of the red sky this morning, but is is a bit dark, i would have posted it but the file size is too big!:(

Have you tried www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) aileenmac to host your pic then put it on the forum :D

Kingetter
27-Oct-06, 13:57

You can easily resize with (for instance) http://www.irfanview.com/

scrapydoo
27-Oct-06, 15:46
I'm ok thanks for asking .[lol]

midi2304
27-Oct-06, 15:51

Red sky in mist, shepherd's had a bit too much to drink....

;)

Elenna
27-Oct-06, 16:03
Everything is fine with us, thanks. The youngsters all found the experience to be quite exciting! If anybody in Wick needs extra people to help clean up, though, send me a pm, and Saltire and I will see if we can get round to lend a hand.

danc1ngwitch
27-Oct-06, 16:29
that's real nice to think of the others that are on here.. really i aint ever seen much sites like that x ..

hobbes1962
27-Oct-06, 17:25
Me and mine are all okay but I can't help thinking that this is now the calm before it strikes again. This could just be to lull us into a sense of security.

aileenmac
27-Oct-06, 17:59
hope this works ok - thanks for your help folks!

cuddlepop
27-Oct-06, 19:55
Aileenmac thats an amazing photo,looks as though the sky's on fire.
Glad everyone's ok.Anyone homeless?

aileenmac
27-Oct-06, 21:07
Thanks, it looks darker than it actually was but its quite effective.

angela5
27-Oct-06, 21:09
Very nice pic aileenmac :D

aileenmac
27-Oct-06, 21:12
Cheers, I also do weddings, graduations & christenings (only kidding, i just point & hope for the best)

oldmarine
27-Oct-06, 22:07
All is well here in Tucson, Arizona, USA. So far we've had our 3rd wettest year of record, but it's nothing like what I've viewed of your country around Northern Scotland. Here's hoping it gets back to normal for you soon.

Kenn
27-Oct-06, 22:12
Have managed to contact a few of you up there but there are many that we have not.
Hope the water continues to abate and that all of you are safe, dry and well.

highlander
27-Oct-06, 22:19
Lizz thank-you, but i have now started a new business, i have been so busy bottling all this nice caithness water, i am going to send you a free bottle, what one would you like, oot eh ditchie? aff eh duckie pond? coo'es were here? im sure it will be a BIG splash in the papers. LOL

Julz
28-Oct-06, 20:08
Caravan site took a bit o a batering a few trees uprooted but apart fae that everything and every1 is aok!!

cuddlepop
28-Oct-06, 20:24
Glad to here that Julz was worried that one of our favourite sites was washed away.:eek:

The_man_from_del_monte
28-Oct-06, 20:46
Just a bush thing uprooted (saved me digging the horrid thing up) a branch of a tree snapped off and the pond that appeared in my garden has now disappeared so no harm done.

golach
28-Oct-06, 21:27
Just a bush thing uprooted (saved me digging the horrid thing up) a branch of a tree snapped off and the pond that appeared in my garden has now disappeared so no harm done.

A wee birdie told me you were considering building a swimming pool with a hot tub [lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Oct-06, 22:07
Well Caithness/sutherland you certainly took a barrering with the weather these past few days.Is everyone ok?
Trying to follow the threads to make sure everyone accounted for and some of you awfay quiet,you been flooded out.?
Silly me cause if you had there would be total silence:eek:
Emzs you still marooned?

I'm okay now.Caught in the flood,whilst workin'.Everythin back to normal,Saltire gave me a thumbs up whick took ma org life from ma real life into perspective.Cheers Saltire:D

Thanks for the PM canuck....made ma day!!!