PDA

View Full Version : School Revision

TheGregp81
15-Dec-11, 19:02
I have exams coming up soon, i am going to start revising soon, but i need a schedule. What are your views on revision?

Kodiak
15-Dec-11, 19:21
I think it is very important and you should take an Eye Test at least once evry 2 years. [lol]

orkneycadian
15-Dec-11, 19:23
I think if you are canvassing views on revision, and need someone to give you a schedule, you're going to have your work cut out for these exams! ;-)

RecQuery
15-Dec-11, 23:39
I usually just used to revise the night before the exam/test sometimes pulling an all nighter if it was something I wasn't exactly sure about. If even that, if I was confident about the subject then I'd just relax the night before.

Kenn
15-Dec-11, 23:48
I was always told by my teachers that if I needed to revise prior to examinations then I had either not been paying attention or learning the lessons.

Dadie
15-Dec-11, 23:52
More sensible advice would be to break down the revision into chunks...1 subject(English,maths,geography etc) one topic/chapter per night and go over the recap pages (end of every topic/chapter) do the questions closed book then do them open book and find out where you need to do more work and concentate on your weaknesses while retaining the information you have already taken in on your strong points...do past papers closed book then open book etc..
Dont try to cram everything in the night before...it will only make you panic and the info wont go in as well, its ok to do a quick recap though the night before,but, nothing heavy going....as if you dont know it then you wont on the day!
If there is a bit that is causing you worry and you cant get your head around it, speak to your teacher for extra help...maybe at the end of a lesson or ask for a quiet time you could come back...sooner done easier it will be!