PDA

View Full Version : My precious dog, I will miss you soooo much xx

Fran
15-Dec-11, 16:35
Here is my beautiful dog Bobby, and here he is with his late dad robbie who died four years ago.They were always together and adored each other and they will be reunited in two hours. I am absolutely devastated, but I know it has to be done, Bobby is in so much pain now and has got so thin.I am dreading going to the vets. The only comfort is that they will be together again and I will be so lonely and lost without such a wonderful dog who has done so much for me. Even brings my slippers to me when I come in the door. Such devotion. love you so so much my bobby boy xxxxx

Allsorts
15-Dec-11, 17:29
Fran so sorry to hear this and will be thinking of you when you go the vets later today with Bobby. Hugs honey and loads of love coming your way xx

Fran
15-Dec-11, 17:39
thankyou so much, sitting cuddling but the clock is going too fast.

polly19
15-Dec-11, 17:53
My heart goes out to you xx

jac1791
15-Dec-11, 18:42
Thinking of you Fran, it is one of the hardest things we have ever had to do but deep down knew it was the kindest.

unicorn
15-Dec-11, 18:43
Fran I honestly feel so sorry for you right now, it is such a hard thing to do but be comforted by the thought that when your boy is in pain you are giving him the final act of kindness and returning him to his dad where they will both be waiting for you xoxox

Liz
15-Dec-11, 19:09
Oh Fran my heart goes out to you as I know exactly how you are feeling. As unicorn, so rightly, says it is an act of love to release your boy from pain and send him to be with his Dad but it hurts like hell and you will miss him so much.

Sending you a big hug. xx

Fran
15-Dec-11, 19:43
Here is my beautiful dog Bobby, and here he is with his late dad robbie who died four years ago.They were
always together and adored each other and they will be reunited in two hours. I am absolutely devastated, but I know it has to be done, Bobby is in so much pain now and has got so thin.I am dreading going to the vets. The only comfort is that they will be together again and I will be so lonely and lost without such a wonderful dog who has done so much for me. Even brings my slippers to me when I come in the door. Such
devotion. love you so so much my bobby boy xxxxx

Bobby died at 5.20, such a brave dog.I held him as he died just like i did with his Dad 4 years ago. Thankyou to bobbys friend Ian Banks for coming with us, I couldn't have done it alone. Thankyou to Ian for taking Bobby to the beach every day for the past 4 years along with his two gorgeous labs. Bobby waited for this treat eagerly each day. Thankyou Bobby for the love and joy you gave me and the companionship, youre free of pain now and with your dad again. I mdont know how i will manage without you, my constant companion, everywhere I went. Rest in peace my preciouse Bobby, love you both xxxx

billmoseley
15-Dec-11, 19:51
such a sad thing they are like your kids. maybe get another one soon

shazzap
15-Dec-11, 19:53
Sorry to hear this Fran. Cruel to be kind. You did what was best for the dog, not what was best for you.

gingernut
15-Dec-11, 21:32
So sorry to hear your sad news Fran. I know how you feel as I've had to do the same for two of our dogs in the past. It's heartbreaking but you've done the right thing for Bobby.
Keep strong and try and focus on all the happy memories and times you've shared together.
Best wishes

purplelady
16-Dec-11, 01:07
so sorry fran it is still raw for me as you know i feel for you and am thinking of youxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dadie
16-Dec-11, 01:16
he looks old in the first photo,then as a youngster in the second and middlling in the 3rd.
It looks like he had a good life though and was wall loved so be happy YOU DID YOUR BEST thats all a dog asks and and wants!
They love without question..loyal to the end ..never complain...and thankful to what life deals them!

Aaldtimer
16-Dec-11, 03:08
Fran, I feel your pain...having been through the same myself a couple of times.
It's the hardest thing, but the least selfish, to do the best for a loved pet.
I dread the day that I might have to face the same decision with our current wee fella.
The house will feel so empty just now, but be satisfied that Bobby is no longer in pain or suffering.
Sending you my deepest sympathy.

Iffy
16-Dec-11, 10:32
Oh Fran !! :~( My deepest sympathy to you on your loss of Bobby. As everyone else has already said, you did what you had to do and Bobby is now free from pain and his Dad, once more, has his faithful companion by his side.

Huge hugs of comfort to you Fran (((((O))))) God Bless XX

brandy
16-Dec-11, 12:27
oh fran, i almost couldnt read the posts.. it just breaks my heart, to see you having to go thru this..
as you will know.. we dont get over these horrible losses, but it does get easier to bear.
hes over that bridge now running with himself.. and having a grand time.. i have no doubt your man was there
with open arms to greet him.
more than likely.. he was looking at you.. closed his eyes and was then with his dad.. what better could you ask for?
its always us left behind that hurts.. *huge Hugs*
if there was a magic wand i could be waving right now.. it would be waving like mad..
thinking about you, and our greatest condolences.

balto
16-Dec-11, 12:47
oh fran, im so sorry for the loss of bobby, dogs become just like your kids dont they, the pain when you lose them is unbearable, i mind when i had to get butch put to sleep so he ouldnt suffer anymore, it was the hardest thing but the kindest thing i have ever had to do, that was nearly 6 years a ago and i still miss him so much, but i know it was better for him to go than to suffer. bobby will be running about chasing his dad. sending you hugs ((((((((((O)))))))))).:(

Blondie
16-Dec-11, 12:53
Oh fran, I'm so so sorry that you have lost your precious dog. I'm sure he had a wonderful life with you. He will know how much he was loved. I firmly believe he will be with his dad now and you will all be reunited one day.

Take Care Fran and know that all of us here in Pets Corner are here for you xxx

Commore
16-Dec-11, 17:03
So sorry for your loss, the gap they leave behind terrible.
We have lost two this year, old dears both of them, both been ill and death came as a relief to all concerned, and more especially them.

At least Bobby & Robbie are now at peace.

Fran
04-Jan-12, 23:33
Thank you all so very very much for your kind words and support at what was another awful time in my life. Bobbys ashes came on 24th, christmas eve, which wasnt good, my christmas was ruined. I have them by my bed but need to get them in the grave as I promised. this was robbies wish but i never expected to see it happen. That will be another awaful day. Our gorgeous pets are like our bairns, each and every one of them. Dont know how people can be cruel to animals. I am absolutely lost, the house isnt like home, it is soooo ,lonely now and the cat is crying a lot. I have writtenn a poem and will put it on here soon. My 93 year old mother was up for christmas/new year and she was in tears because bobby wasn't here. thankyou all so much.xxx

Liz
04-Jan-12, 23:47
Robbie will understand if you're not ready to part with Bobby's ashes yet. Just do it when you feel ready.

All of us who have lost beloved pets know the pain you are going through right now. :( I could give you a homeopathic remedy, called Ignatia, for your cat? It can really help with grieving in both humans and animals.
Let me know if you'd like it and I can get my sister to pop it in to you on her way home from work.

Take care. xx

Sarah
04-Jan-12, 23:56
He was a handsome boy, RIP Bobby.

DeHaviLand
06-Jan-12, 21:40
Hi Fran. I am so sad that you lost your beloved Bobby. I know from reading this forum just how much he meant to you, and how much you meant to him.
Having lost way too many dogs these last 5 years, I can well understand how you feel right now. I console myself with the thought that if my dogs could thank me for what I did for them, they would. Bobby would do the same! He's had a long and happy life thanks to you.
Sadly, we are asked to pay a heavy price for that unconditional love that comes with a dog, and you're paying it now. Cherish his memory, smile when you think of him, and your pain will ease in time. Take care.

poppett
06-Jan-12, 22:04
Hi Fran,

Just wanted to say I am deeply sorry for your loss. A vet once told me that putting a suffering animal to sleep is the kindest thing a human can do for their beloved pet. Bobby will be forever in your heart............until you all meet again.x