PDA

View Full Version : how do i find out about closed roads?

emszxr
27-Oct-06, 08:58
as thread asks, there is a site that tells you about the road closures etc, but i cant remember the name of it, can someone please help, ta

emszxr
27-Oct-06, 09:03
hold the panic, i found out.

does anyone know if the papers have been taken up the road yet, need my daily fix of the sun

henry20
27-Oct-06, 09:08
No, Ems - we haven't got our papers - they can't get past Golspie!

Mr P Cannop
27-Oct-06, 09:09
road is blocked so no papers yet

emszxr
27-Oct-06, 09:10
oh no, so there nothing in the shops either, ah well that aberdeen angus in the field will have to do:lol:

Fran
27-Oct-06, 09:12
At 8.30 this morning, friday, the Castletown road was closed and the road to Inverness is closed at Golspie. A good site for roads is bbc.co.uk and click on travel, or phone the police wick 603551.

henry20
27-Oct-06, 09:12
Thought there was nothing in your local shop anyway ;)

emszxr
27-Oct-06, 09:14
they could take the back road from rogart to brora and drop of my paper as they pass my door :lol:

emszxr
27-Oct-06, 09:16
Thought there was nothing in your local shop anyway ;)

there be even less now, it would have been stripped by the people that think they are going to starve cause of the weather, you should see them when we get an inch of snow, they stock up like they are going to be snowed in for months

Naefearjustbeer
27-Oct-06, 09:42
try www.nadics.org (http://www.nadics.org) It has road reports

Mr P Cannop
27-Oct-06, 09:47
oh forgot to say theres no milk or bread also and not sure if there will be nothing papers, milk or bread today

the charlatans
27-Oct-06, 09:51
morning all.

looks like we made it through the night then.
and its a bonny morning up at the lake today (Dunnet)

have checked out these sites but thought i'd ask your opinions. Am needing to get to Wick today. so has anyone got the best route? Mr Charlatans informs me the road from here to Thurso is open and okay. Whats it like at Watten today? or the Bower road? or even the Groats road?

or will i get the boat out?:)

willowbankbear
27-Oct-06, 09:51
oh forgot to say theres no milk or bread also and not sure if there will be nothing papers, milk or bread today

Any farmers oot there? with coos, Im wanting some milk for my tea

Mr P Cannop
27-Oct-06, 09:53
A9 might open later today tune into mfr for futher info mfr radio

Mr P Cannop
27-Oct-06, 10:34
just heard from the manager of the small co-op in spring park that everything is half way up the A9 but their waiting at the hotel at dornoch on the A9 for the road to reopen so milk, papers, bread & mail will all be late

DrSzin
27-Oct-06, 11:19
and its a bonny morning up at the lake today (Dunnet)What's all this about a lake at Dunnet? As far as I know there's only one lake in Scotland, and it ain't at Dunnet. :confused

Well, ok, perhaps there are three (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_of_Menteith), but the other two are nowhere near Dunnet either. Am I missing something?

emszxr
27-Oct-06, 11:34
Any farmers oot there? with coos, Im wanting some milk for my tea

i have some milk, but i dont think you would really want it in your tea;)

Ann
27-Oct-06, 11:35
What's all this about a lake at Dunnet? As far as I know there's only one lake in Scotland, and it ain't at Dunnet. :confused

Well, ok, perhaps there are three (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_of_Menteith), but the other two are nowhere near Dunnet either. Am I missing something?

Shhhh.... I think they mean"loch"...... ;)

henry20
27-Oct-06, 11:38

No, Ems - you just keep it for the baby :lol:

connieb19
27-Oct-06, 11:40
LOL, you better watch out, WBB will probably take you up on that offer. :eek:

emszxr
27-Oct-06, 11:43
No, Ems - you just keep it for the baby :lol:

she probably fight you for it anyway

Mr P Cannop
27-Oct-06, 15:20
just heard the A9 is now open so papers should be in soon has any one else got their papers yet ??

henry20
27-Oct-06, 15:22
P & J's are here, but no Groats
:(

Mr P Cannop
27-Oct-06, 15:27
let me know when the groats are in Please ??

henry20
27-Oct-06, 15:34
We won't get ours until tomorrow now, but not sure about anywhere else. :(

Mr P Cannop
27-Oct-06, 15:52
where about in thurso are you ?? i am in spring park

scrapydoo
27-Oct-06, 15:56
Why not just have a look on here http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/

Mr P Cannop
27-Oct-06, 16:03
so your saying theres no groats today ??

Mr P Cannop
27-Oct-06, 16:49
looks like the groats will be in tomorrow ??

the charlatans
27-Oct-06, 21:49
What's all this about a lake at Dunnet? As far as I know there's only one lake in Scotland, and it ain't at Dunnet. :confused

Ahhhh now this refers to 'my location' which in turn refers to a Charlatans album - a very good one too called 'Up at the Lake'.
There was a small lake here yesterday in Ham park out my back door and yes being a scot i would normally say Loch, but the Charlatans haven't written the 'Up at the Loch' album yet, might suggest it though. Make sense now???????

As for asking if the road was open. i laugh at my own stupidity! it was calm as you like today, a beautiful calm after the storm going down the Bower road, heck of a big puddle at the Thurdistoft farm road but clear all the way.

Ann
27-Oct-06, 22:33
Yes, makes sense now; thanks for the clarification.:lol:

DrSzin
28-Oct-06, 00:28
Shhhh.... I think they mean"loch"...... ;) Well, that's what I thought at first, but I wasn't sure. And it seems that at least one resident of Caithness had never heard of Loch More before today so nothing surprises me any more. :eek:

Ahhhh now this refers to 'my location' which in turn refers to a Charlatans album - a very good one too called 'Up at the Lake'.
There was a small lake here yesterday in Ham park out my back door and yes being a scot i would normally say Loch, but the Charlatans haven't written the 'Up at the Loch' album yet, might suggest it though. Make sense now???????Yeah, gotcha. I thought I might be missing something...