PDA

View Full Version : Streetlights A9 Smith Terrace, Thurso

Nick Noble
14-Dec-11, 12:37
I was driving along the A9 in Thurso last night and there were no street lights. I don't know how long they've been out for, but I have spoken to Transerve this morning and there should be an electrician out today to sort this out.

If they're not working tonight I'll call again in the morning.

Any problems on the Trunk Road Network should be reported on 0800 032 2520.

poppett
14-Dec-11, 19:45
The streetlights have been out there for three weeks now, Nick.

You have achieved more than I could with reporting it.

The engineers were up from DUNBLANE this afternoon and working at the junction box in torrential rain just after 3pm.

gollach
14-Dec-11, 19:52
Is it not part of the trial of reducing street lighting?

The Victoria Walk lights are off too. Makes you wonder why there was ever any money wasted installing them a couple of years ago. All they ever did was encourage underage drinkers to congregate at the shelter by the swingpark.

theone
14-Dec-11, 20:43
Is this not something to do with the lights lying at 45 degrees along at Lidl's?

I thought a few got damaged during the storm so the whole circuit was isolated until repaired.

Moonboots
15-Dec-11, 09:38
Lidls lights is on a different circuit, this is part of lidls own electricity

As far as i am aware the fault lies in the new lighting that got put up along the victoria walk which has caused the problem as they were connected to the same circuit.

poppett
15-Dec-11, 18:41
The lights were out on Smith Terrace long before the storm!!

Sinclair7
22-Feb-12, 21:27
The lights are off again and this was preceded by the lights in Traill St. being off for a week. Is this a fault or some money saving trial? If its to save money, the mind boggles at the stupidity of the person(s) who authorised it.

Nick Noble
22-Feb-12, 21:29
The lights are off again and this was preceded by the lights in Traill St. being off for a week. Is this a fault or some money saving trial? If its to save money, the mind boggles at the stupidity of the person(s) who authorised it.

Not money saving, both have been genuine faults, do you know when they went off again? I give them a call in the morning to see whats happening.

gollach
22-Feb-12, 22:20
They were fixed overnight last night.

Any faults on the A9 are responsibility of Transerve, not Highland Council. The online reporting form is here (http://www.scotlandtranserv.co.uk/defects.php).

Sinclair7
23-Feb-12, 00:22
Good that it was a fault, they were off for so long I'd assumed it was deliberate. You'd think the Police would be on Transerve's back immediately reporting these faults...

cramock
23-Feb-12, 00:39
Is it not part of the trial of reducing street lighting?

The Victoria Walk lights are off too. Makes you wonder why there was ever any money wasted installing them a couple of years ago. All they ever did was encourage underage drinkers to congregate at the shelter by the swingpark.

hahahahaha underage drinkers congregated there long before the lights were ever there i used to drink there when i was younger you just couldn't see us, and you dont need to encourage underage drinkers to drink anywhere haha if they gonna drink they gonna drink doesn't matter if there is lights or not lol

pat
23-Feb-12, 09:03
Cannot understand why people complain to each other about the like of lights not being on, potholes in the road, draincovers missing, uneven pavements - report them in the first place.

If fault reported there is a chance something may be done about it but if the people who fix things do not know it needs fixing it will not be repaired - so please next time something is not working or is not as it should be, Report It to the appropriate authority.

Moonboots
23-Feb-12, 11:17
Most people who complain on the forums have usually contacted the authority before posting, However i dont complain, I leave for everyone else to do and the problem gets sorted lol

poppett
23-Feb-12, 18:23
I have reported a street light out in Holborn Avenue seven times since last September.

gleeber
23-Feb-12, 22:47
I couldna help but notice that this thread has had more hits in the time its been on the org than any other recent thread. I think Nicks a hit. I got one of Nicks flyers through the door today. I have to be honest I didnt take to his picture but he did warn us. I hope you never put a flyer through Clash67s door. :lol:

Nick Noble
24-Feb-12, 12:09
Can anyone confirm if the lights are now working - were they on last night?

Neil Fraser tells me the light were repaired on Tuesday, so if they're still out he needs to get an electrician back out ASAP.

Any information appreciated.

And Gleeber, many thanks for your king words ;)

gollach
24-Feb-12, 13:53
They were fixed overnight last night.

I answered this earlier. Although I have since spotted a single lamp still out of order where a barrier has been erected along the wall by the campsite.

Nick Noble
24-Feb-12, 14:00
I answered this earlier. Although I have since spotted a single lamp still out of order where a barrier has been erected along the wall by the campsite.

I do apologise gollach, I completely missed that post, thank you for reposting, (nick adds an eye test to his to do list!)

Thanks.