PDA

View Full Version : Wetherspoon

Scuball
12-Dec-04, 12:20
Went for a meal last night to wetherspoons. meal was a complete disaster.
1....ordered 4 steaks 3 well done 1 rare 3 with pepper sauce
2....received 2 steaks both medium
3....sent one back to be cooked more
4....got burnt steak back (still only 2 steaks received)
5....Twenty five minutes later got other two steaks both like leather (not fit for consumption) and with no cutlery
6....sent both steaks back after being told "you did ask for them well done"
7....waiter took plate of first steak away before steak was finished
8....received three pepper sauces for steaks (cold)
9.....waited another half an hour (still waiting for 2 steaks) before manging to speak to the duty manager
10....thinking manager would offer some apology along with some small compensation for our ruined meal we were proved wrong
11....manager offered to refund two of the four steaks after a lot of complaining. a simple apology and round of drinks would have resolved the situation. whatever happened to customer care.
12....went to chip shop
13....will never set foot in wetherspoons again!!

has anyone else had any problems in wetherspoon [/list]

The Godfather
12-Dec-04, 13:08
I also vowed never to go back after they woulndt serve me and my brother a burger because we had no ID!!! [mad]

Rhubarb
12-Dec-04, 13:11
I have to disagree with you there. I've been to Wetherspoons both in Wick and else where and have found the quality of their food and service very commendable.

The surroundings and atmosphere of "The Alexander Bain" is without doubt the nicest in Wick and undoubtable the cleanest by far.

Greasey chip shop grub may please some palates, but it's unfair to use it in comparison to Wetherspoon fare.

Overall for cleanliness, price of food, drink and service, Wetherspoons gets the thumbs up.

Lucy
12-Dec-04, 15:00
I'm sorry but i must agree with rhubarb. I often go there for food and drink and haven't had a wrong meal yet.

My daughters diner did arrive burnt one time but i told the waiter who had it replaced in a few minutes along with an apology. Can't ask for more than that.

Perhaps they were just really busy with Christmas - no excuse i know but i'd give them another chance before writing them off completely mabey they'll learn from their mistakes.

apollo69
12-Dec-04, 15:13
Complain higher up. And tell them the manager was unsympathetic. Anywhere can make mistakes, but they should be sorting it out right away.

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/

Scuball
12-Dec-04, 16:54
Greasey chip shop grub may please some palates, but it's unfair to use it in comparison to Wetherspoon fare.

Overall for cleanliness, price of food, drink and service, Wetherspoons gets the thumbs up.

My intention was not to compare wetherspoon with a chip shop. The reason i mentioned the chip shop was because two of our party had to go there for something to eat after waiting for ages and then getting something unedible in wetherspoon.
I agree with your comments about cleanliness and price of food and drink but certainly not on service.

Scuball
12-Dec-04, 17:05
Perhaps they were just really busy with Christmas - no excuse i know but i'd give them another chance before writing them off completely mabey they'll learn from their mistakes.

I think there was less than half the tables full last night so they were not busy.
This is not the first time we have had problems in wetherspoon, we have also had many very good meals, but they have had several chances with us. There is plenty other places in Wick to get a good meal at a reasonable price so why risk a terrible meal at wetherspoon again.
I went to the wetherspoon website this morning ant filled in the customer feedback form telling them excactly what happened.

Naefearjustbeer
12-Dec-04, 17:18
Complain higher up. And tell them the manager was unsympathetic. Anywhere can make mistakes, but they should be sorting it out right away.

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/

I know someone who had terrible service in the wick weatherspoons. They had specifically asked if a pasta dish had tomatoes in before they ordered due to an allergy risk. They were told there is definantly no tomatoes in the dish. When it arrived it was full of tomatoes!! So when they complained the managers attitude was terrible so his name was taken and reported higher up the chain. The outcome was that a mystery customer would be sent into the pub specifically to test the customer service skills of the manager and she recieved vouchers that would more than cover a new meal and a few drinks. I can only hope the person in question got his backside booted by his manager because I know if it had been me that had that sort of shoddy treatment I would not be making use of the vouchers as I would not be darkening the door of the place again.

The Godfather
12-Dec-04, 21:18
Seems to be very hit or miss with Wetherspoons.
But why risk a miss when you have The Yard (beautiful food) and Silver Darlings 30 seconds away?

linzy222
12-Dec-04, 21:29
I think wetherspoons might buy the Holborn hotel

Just a thought though!!

:confused :confused :confused :confused

rainbow
12-Dec-04, 22:00
I have not set a foot into Wetherspoons since July 03, due to a prat of a bouncer throwing his weight around on a power trip and refused me entry. I wrote to Tim martin the owner and got a reply that sided with the steward, however he also said he hoped I would still be inclined to use his premises again. When staff have an attitude problem and get choosy who they admit and refuse with no justifyable reason, then I will not assist in lining their pockets and adding to their profits! I have heard of others who have been refused admission for what appears trivial reasons. These companies must learn to fit in with the community. My life has not suffered in anyway by not going to Wetherspoons-there are plenty other establishments locally who are welcoming.

Rheghead
12-Dec-04, 22:46
That's it, I am not going back to wetherspoons ever again!!!!

Zael
13-Dec-04, 11:31
They have the best food and service in the town atm imo. Prices are good, food is always to my liking, service has always been good. I go there regularly and with lots of different people, no one I've been with (and we've pretty much been through the entire menu) has ever had to complain about anything. Perhaps you've just been unlucky or you're difficult to please :/

Scuball
13-Dec-04, 13:33
Perhaps you've just been unlucky or you're difficult to please :/

Perhaps you have been lucky.
I dont think i am difficult to please. I think when you go out for a meal it should A be edible, B everyone should get their food at the same time not 30 minutes apart and C when their is a problem an apology should be offered. I dont think this is asking much.

The Angel Of Death
13-Dec-04, 14:26
Had a similar problems with them a few times as well first was a mistake the staff didnt take the order for ma pepper sauce and it did take a few mins to get sorted but they were very nice about it

secondly we ordered some food and had to wait almost 30 mins for our pudding and then when it was ready one wasnt the correct one we ordered (and the bar staff person had a face like it had been slapped with a dead fish and couldnt give a monkeys about our order) didnt inspire much faith in them apart from that 2 hicups we have been more than happy with the service i think it just depends on who you get behind the bar at the time

girnigoe
13-Dec-04, 22:18
Its very nice for drinks - beautiful surroundings and good prices.

I however will never eat there again. Everytime I have been there something has been wrong and Im not at all hard to please. Last time I went I ordered Gammon and when halfway through it discovered it was a bit tough, I turned it over and to my Horror it was raw!! Athough the top had been cooked to perfection. When I pointed this out to the waiter he just snorted at me and didnt say anything about a refund, free drink, nothing.

Consequently I spent the next two days with my head down the toilet!! :mad:

The Godfather
13-Dec-04, 22:31
I think the Yard makes a great alternitive to Wetherspoons. The food is every bit as good as JD's and there is rarly more than five people in the place.
Mabey I've spoiled a secret. :(

George Brims
14-Dec-04, 01:20
Does the Yard have good wheelchair access? That is one point in favour of Wetherspoons. It is also spacious enough and well enough ventilated that non-smokers can enjoy it with little bother from the polluters.

As far as service is concerned I have always been lucky, even when going in there at busy lunchtimes. However I always liked the policy of the "Godd Food Guide", that a restaurant isn't excused for an "off night" and gets a bad review if even one test visit is bad. After all, the person consulting the book might go in on another "off night".

gravedigga
17-Dec-04, 00:38
I really like Weatherspoons for a drink or a coffee, had a few meals and although they've not been anything to shout about they were ocay. But i won't be eating there again. Last week i was told that someone seen a mouse in there running along the floor by the back wall in the family bit while they were having lunch. They spoke to the chef who said he thought he'd seen one earlier, they then proceeded to cordon off the family section and set traps. :roll:

Mr P Cannop
17-Dec-04, 07:42
oh yuck