PDA

View Full Version : Polo mint...missing

Wanted
13-Dec-11, 13:45
Has anyone noticed or not noticed in this case that the locally known polo mint in Thurso at the top of the hill higher up than Scrabster is no longer visible..I am assuming that this was blown down last week ..any info on this and any info as to why this was built in the first place..

Dog-eared
13-Dec-11, 19:14
It blew down in the gales. It was built by a Scandinavian sculptor as part of the Northlands Festival in the mid nineties, along with some very large slab sculptures at the entrance to Scrabster business park (BT etc ) which were unfortunately taken to Scandinavia.

The polo mint will be back on the skyline soon !!

teddybear1873
13-Dec-11, 19:16
He made a mint making that sculpture.

billmoseley
13-Dec-11, 19:46
He made a mint making that sculpture.
don't leave your day job:lol:

Dog-eared
14-Dec-11, 21:55
He made a mint making that sculpture. Probably !

You can see the pile of stones from e toon if you know where to look. If ye can Spearamin't.

Boke !

grumpyhippo
14-Dec-11, 23:05
I had a close look .....The holes still there its just the stone work round the hole that's missing :)

Bazeye
14-Dec-11, 23:24
Someone told me that there was a Fox's glacier mint there as well. Cant see it myself though.

Dog-eared
15-Dec-11, 01:13
Saw a fox hole up there though...

Wanted
15-Dec-11, 14:20
It blew down in the gales. It was built by a Scandinavian sculptor as part of the Northlands Festival in the mid nineties, along with some very large slab sculptures at the entrance to Scrabster business park (BT etc ) which were unfortunately taken to Scandinavia.

The polo mint will be back on the skyline soon !!.....Thank you for the only sensible answer.

Dog-eared
15-Dec-11, 15:36
Thanks ! This is E'Org tho....:)

morvenview
15-Dec-11, 18:34
Seen plenty R Soles up that way!:( (only joking folk up there)!!!