PDA

View Full Version : Dont mess with the Big Man!!!

Corrie 3
13-Dec-11, 10:23
Make sure you travel with a valid ticket on Scotrail.......or the Big man will be there to sort you out....;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bvnOgxd6wo

C3............:)

bekisman
13-Dec-11, 10:49
Give it a while and we'll have the bleeding hearts and human rights lot screaming (there's a couple on here), claims of assault etc..

I'd chip in for the 'big uns' defence, I understand no-one has put in a complaint (yet) - but they will!

golach
13-Dec-11, 11:08
its happened already, but I am with the "Big Man"

http://www.scotsman.com/news/9am_briefing_youtube_scotrail_passenger_denies_far e_dodging_1_2005610

Corrie 3
13-Dec-11, 11:29
its happened already, but I am with the "Big Man"

http://www.scotsman.com/news/9am_briefing_youtube_scotrail_passenger_denies_far e_dodging_1_2005610
Me too Golach, I love it when a mouthy little scrote gets his comeuppance. He insists he handed over the wrong ticket so now he will be showing the correct ticket to Scotrail will he? Aye right!!!

C3................:roll:;)

ducati
13-Dec-11, 13:35
But he's poor Corrie, probably unemployed, the poor luv should be able to count on your support surely? And that big guy, he looks like a Tory to me. [disgust]

Corrie 3
13-Dec-11, 13:41
But he's poor Corrie, probably unemployed, the poor luv should be able to count on your support surely? And that big guy, he looks like a Tory to me. [disgust]
He's a Student Duke......say's it all really doesn't it?
And if the Big Man really is a Tory I might even consider voting for them next time!!!

C3....................:roll:;)

shazzap
13-Dec-11, 14:00

No. Tories, are limp lettuce looking. ;) [lol]

ducati
13-Dec-11, 15:10
No. Tories, are limp lettuce looking. ;) [lol]

I'm not. (although the dress sense leaves a bit to be desired). :eek:

DrChin
13-Dec-11, 16:00
So I take it you all agree that it is OK to Assault someone by throwing them off a train.

Err Excuse me but it is Not OK to do this. It make no Difference if this person did or did not pay for a ticket No one has the right to haul him from his seat and physically throw him of the Train and on to the platform.

If this video was not a set up, which I think it was, then this person would not only be able to sue the man who threw him off the train, but he would also be able to sue the Guard and the Scot Rail. The man who threw him off would be charged with Assault or GBH and would end up with a criminal Record.

One other Point the Guard can not hold up the train if one person has not paid. He is Not even allowed to ask him to leave all he can do is to eoither phone ahead for the Transport Police to meet the train at the next station and they then could ask him to get off the train.

Or the other thing would be to ask the passenger for his ID Details and then Scot Rail would send him in a Bill. That is all, he has no authority to hold up the train or even say that he would do so in the manner he did. This is why I say this was not real but just a plain set up to get the video watched on YouTube.

Even Chance
13-Dec-11, 16:15
Nice one, on yersel Big Man!!! Wid hev done e same masel........

pottheed
13-Dec-11, 16:20
He didn't assault, you have a power to use reasonable force to get someone off property if they do not have permission. The guard revoked implied permission to scotrail property to be there and the "big man" assisted him in getting him off. The gentleman had already apparently refused to give details. Oh and there is no such thing as ABH in scotland.

In what world would he be able to sue them??

bekisman
13-Dec-11, 16:56
So I take it you all agree that it is OK to Assault someone by throwing them off a train.

Err Excuse me but it is Not OK to do this. It make no Difference if this person did or did not pay for a ticket No one has the right to haul him from his seat and physically throw him of the Train and on to the platform.

If this video was not a set up, which I think it was, then this person would not only be able to sue the man who threw him off the train, but he would also be able to sue the Guard and the Scot Rail. The man who threw him off would be charged with Assault or GBH and would end up with a criminal Record.

One other Point the Guard can not hold up the train if one person has not paid. He is Not even allowed to ask him to leave all he can do is to eoither phone ahead for the Transport Police to meet the train at the next station and they then could ask him to get off the train.

Or the other thing would be to ask the passenger for his ID Details and then Scot Rail would send him in a Bill. That is all, he has no authority to hold up the train or even say that he would do so in the manner he did. This is why I say this was not real but just a plain set up to get the video watched on YouTube.

5 Hours 11 Minutes

Even Chance
13-Dec-11, 17:00
Ye kent it wid happen!;)

Phill
13-Dec-11, 17:11
5 Hours 11 Minutes
I was gonna complain mesel, the video shudda bin in HD!

Phill
13-Dec-11, 17:13
He didn't assault, you have a power to use reasonable force to get someone off property if they do not have permission. The guard revoked implied permission to scotrail property to be there and the "big man" assisted him in getting him off. The gentleman had already apparently refused to give details. Oh and there is no such thing as ABH in scotland.
That wasn't assisting him off, he was shown the door. Assisted is normally by 4 or 6 coppers down those stairs in the back of a polis van.

Corrie 3
13-Dec-11, 17:13

In a word.............................YES !

He wants to think himself lucky, I know people who would have put him under the train, especially if he was making them late for their dinner!!
He got what he deserved and well done the Big Man!!!
C3...................:roll:;)

fingalmacool
13-Dec-11, 17:37
One of the best clips I've seen this year, common sense at last, hope this spurs people to stand up for no more crap from the numties in our midst who think they can take and get for nothing:confused

Alrock
13-Dec-11, 17:42
OK... Maybe he didn't handle being caught as well as he could have but I can't blame him for trying to travel for free, have you seen the price of rail travel these days? maybe he needed to get somewhere & couldn't afford it, would you all be condemning him so much if (for example) it turned out his mother had been rushed to hospital critically ill & he was trying to get there despite being skint?
So I say... "Good on ya wee man, better luck next time"

bekisman
13-Dec-11, 17:58
OK... Maybe he didn't handle being caught as well as he could have but I can't blame him for trying to travel for free, have you seen the price of rail travel these days? maybe he needed to get somewhere & couldn't afford it, would you all be condemning him so much if (for example) it turned out his mother had been rushed to hospital critically ill & he was trying to get there despite being skint?
The prat was drunk, and cursing, don't think his mother be very pleased to see him, do you?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/289617/Pals-say-YouTube-train-youth-is-no-fare-dodger

PS 'spose your profile might make you say that..

philupmaboug
13-Dec-11, 18:15
In reply to DrChin's post about if a guard can hold up a train, the answer is yes he can, if he has good reason and being verbally abused by a non paying passenger is a good reason.
So best you get your facts right before you go blowing off with your wishy washy excuses for a fare dodging scrote who is driving the fare prices up with his illegal action. imho ;)

squidge
13-Dec-11, 19:23
I dont know how I feel about this. Fare dodgers should be arrested and fined but there are so many things that make me uncomfortable. Firstly, the laddie says in the video that he HAS paid and the guard takes no notice, surely if there is a dispute there must be a way to resolve it without physically throwing someone off the train. As I understand the guard should have radioed ahead and let the Transport Police deal with it. He should not have entered into a slanging match with the laddie. Secondly, the man who steps in puts not only himself but other passengers at risk, there is a woman there with small children - if that was me I would have found 'the big man's' behaviour intimidating in a way which the fare dodgers behaviour was not; he was rude and gobby but not threatening. Finally, I wonder how much of this is a reflection about how we react to teenage boys in our society, seeing them all as trouble and wasters and treating them accordingly. See if that had been me or you Golach or you Corrie or a pretty young lassie and we had said that we HAD paid then it may have been dealt with differently - granted we might not have called the guard a rude name or we might have been a little posher about it but we would be unlikely to have been thrown bodily from the train by some random person.

Gronnuck
13-Dec-11, 19:32
How dare the Train Conductor question Sam Main's right to free travel on public transport! The new generation, of which Samuel is a prime example, deserves and expects everything handed to them on a plate. When that doesn't happen for whatever reason he responds in the only appropriate way he knows, by forcibly using ripe language. We must not allow his over exuberant use of such language to lead us to think that he may have been causing a Breach of the Peace. Any alarm and fear he caused to other passengers, including young children, is of no consequence and was surely not intented.
It is fortuitous that in his fierce struggle to stay on the train he acquired some minor cuts and bruises which in a very short time he will be able to use to gain a great deal of compensation from ScotRail. I am sure, in the fullness of time, Samuel will regale his friends in the student bars with his tales of daring-do and afford him some celebrity status among his academic colleagues.;):confused;)

Corrie 3
13-Dec-11, 19:56
How dare the Train Conductor question Sam Main's right to free travel on public transport! The new generation, of which Samuel is a prime example, deserves and expects everything handed to them on a plate. When that doesn't happen for whatever reason he responds in the only appropriate way he knows, by forcibly using ripe language. We must not allow his over exuberant use of such language to lead us to think that he may have been causing a Breach of the Peace. Any alarm and fear he caused to other passengers, including young children, is of no consequence and was surely not intented.
It is fortuitous that in his fierce struggle to stay on the train he acquired some minor cuts and bruises which in a very short time he will be able to use to gain a great deal of compensation from ScotRail. I am sure, in the fullness of time, Samuel will regale his friends in the student bars with his tales of daring-do and afford him some celebrity status among his academic colleagues.
In other words he is a gobby little scrote then Gronnuck.......:roll:
And Squidge, it's only the ones that think they know it all and get gobby that I hope end up on a platform with bruises and scratches, he handled it all wrong if he was indeed innocent!!! I dont believe he was innocent and was just trying to free-load!!

C3...................[disgust]

golach
13-Dec-11, 20:14
See if that had been me or you Golach or you Corrie or a pretty young lassie and we had said that we HAD paid then it may have been dealt with differently - granted we might not have called the guard a rude name or we might have been a little posher about it but we would be unlikely to have been thrown bodily from the train by some random person.

Squidge, if he had paid, then why was he presenting the wrong ticket to the Ticket Inspector, he got caught, he would not get off the train when asked, then hell mend him, I see ticket dodgers being caught on buses all the time, they get no option, "Come oan get awf" is the cry and they usually do, if not then the Polis arrive, holding up a bus on a street in a city, is not the same as holding up, a train on one of Scotland's busiest rail links.

squidge
13-Dec-11, 20:57
Im not apologising for fare dodgers however the way it was handled was not right in my opinion and could have put the other passengers at risk if he was a really unpleasant and criminal individual. A fight kicking off on a train is SERIOUSLY scary, especially if you have wee ones. Having dealt with plenty confrontational situations I know fine well that the most important thing is not to put yourself and others at risk. By allowing the man to do what he did the guard lost control of the situation and did put others at risk. Whilst it worked out ok in this instance I hope scotrail dont adopt this as their policy. Thats all lol!!!

pat
13-Dec-11, 21:28
We only see part of the confrontation, what happened before?
This ADULT was travelling without a ticket, without money, believe unwilling to state who he was or give any identification.
We would all like to do that due to the cost of train travel.
He appears to have already delayed the train and appears to have no consideration for anyone other than himself.
If I was travelling home from work or to a hospital appointment etc, after listening to this ADULT using such offensive language whilst children and myself were around, I probably would have hit him accidentally as I was passing with a very large handbag then shoved him and his belongings off the train would tell him a few home truths too and not have minced my words either.
Would this then be labelled - Old wifie shoved the free loading curser off the train.
If the Big guy gets done for assault think there will be a huge whip round and all costs paid by grateful commuters.

bekisman
13-Dec-11, 22:01
Im not apologising for fare dodgers however the way it was handled was not right in my opinion and could have put the other passengers at risk if he was a really unpleasant and criminal individual. A fight kicking off on a train is SERIOUSLY scary, especially if you have wee ones. Having dealt with plenty confrontational situations I know fine well that the most important thing is not to put yourself and others at risk. By allowing the man to do what he did the guard lost control of the situation and did put others at risk. Whilst it worked out ok in this instance I hope scotrail dont adopt this as their policy. Thats all lol!!!I take it you're joking?, aw come on you must be.. "A fight kicking off on a train" a fight? these little bags of wind don't do that "if he was a really unpleasant and criminal individual" oh no he wasn't. "Having dealt with plenty confrontational situations" such as? "the guard lost control of the situation" oh no he didn't. "and did put others at risk" oh no he didn't..

Bit of a tangent (as we do) I'm really pleased to see the two prats who used Facebook to try to start a riot in a Scottish city have been locked up for three years each.Shawn Divin, 16, and Jordan McGinley, 18, were administrators of a Facebook page called "Riot in the toon" which urged people to "kill some daftys". Oh dear isn't that a shame?

Or is that wrong too?

Dialyser
13-Dec-11, 22:56
Having watched the clip and read the article, the lad may or may not have been sold the wrong ticket. If he hadn't bought a ticket he fully deserves to be asked to leave or thrown off when he refuses to leave.
Even if he had been sold the wrong ticket, on the basis of the video the course of action was correct because at no time does he attempt to explain the situation. Had he done so I probably would have had a degree of sympathy for him.

Bobinovich
13-Dec-11, 23:21
If, instead of cursing and declining to answer when questioned, he'd politely asked to speak to a Scotrail representative over the mis-selling of his ticket then I dare say the whole episode would have been handled much more civily. Mistakes happen, and if he could subsequently prove that he'd paid for the right ticket then fine, however hindsight suggests he should have examined his ticket after buying to ensure it it had the correct details on it to allow him to take his journey. Caveat emptor may or may not apply!

John Little
14-Dec-11, 05:17
The situation was avoidable by the individual concerned. If you look at the origin of it, what we have is a young man and and older man.

The young man has not paid/ not got the right ticket.

The older man is trying to do his job.

Instead of explaining the situation, the young man, who we suppose to have a certain level of intelligence because he is a student adopted an attitude which conveys aggression and on several levels. One level is his refusal to comply with the rules. Another is his obvious determination to defend his position. Then there is the unspoken consequence if the older man attempts to do something about it; which is quite clear from the language used, which is designed to intimidate the older man.

He knew what he was doing.

As to what happened next- a movable object met an irresistible force who got fed up, probably wanted to get home tired from work, have his dinner, and did not want his train held up any longer.

If I were on that train I would have been glad to have got on my way as well...

squidge
14-Dec-11, 08:27
Of course those young lads should have gone to prison! Sheesh! Do you think im some sort of bleeding heart liberal ????? ;) ;) ;)

John Little
14-Dec-11, 09:16
That's another matter I think - but in the case of the Big Man I think I shall apply the old adage and judge not, lest I be judged.

For what he did - there, but for the Grace of God, go I.

mi16
14-Dec-11, 09:32
I can't blame him for trying to travel for free, have you seen the price of rail travel these days?

So you endorse theiving then Alrock?

maybe he needed to get somewhere & couldn't afford it, would you all be condemning him so much if (for example) it turned out his mother had been rushed to hospital critically ill & he was trying to get there despite being skint?

What if he car jacked someone on the street to get transport to see his ill Mother, or maybe robbed a pensioner of their pension to get the cash for a ticket.
Would that also be OK in your book?, after all he was only trying to get to see his mammy.

And the rest of us say........take it you theiving little ball bag.

Alrock
14-Dec-11, 09:40
So you endorse theiving then Alrock?
Thieving is when you take something that doesn't belong to you so that it is no longer in the possession of the rightful owner. So what has he stolen?

What if he car jacked someone on the street to get transport to see his ill Mother, or maybe robbed a pensioner of their pension to get the cash for a ticket.
Would that also be OK in your book?, after all he was only trying to get to see his mammy.
No... That would be thieving, which is wrong.

golach
14-Dec-11, 11:02
The Student is going to be on radio in the next few mins on BBC Scotlands Call Kaye.

Errogie
14-Dec-11, 11:04
Interesting and almost predictable analysis here by some contributors trying to turn the young lad into somehow being a victim of an unjust society.
I hope that he's learned several lessons about how tough life can be that he should have been taught by his parents. I love the armchair lawyers' authoritative views upon assault and legal consequences.

Phill
14-Dec-11, 11:16
No... That would be thieving, which is wrong.
Theivery / fare evasion, your talking semantics. The same reason "taking without owners consent" (TWOCing) was introduced, for the little scroats that take your car for a joyride. Not theiving (intention to permanently deprive). So TWOCing is OK as well is it? (it's a free ride after all)

If he had a genuine reason for not paying up or had indeed been mis-sold his ticket, he could have explained this quite easily. It appears he does not have any more money, so he never had the full fare to begin with so it's looking more likey intent to trespass & evade payment of fare.

Maybe the guards should carry tazers, that'll sharpen up the fare dodgers!

Corrie 3
14-Dec-11, 14:36
Looks like the Big Man may end up in Court....If he gets a fine I will gladly pay it for him as I am sure many others would. I see the Scrote had found enough money to have a drink before boarding the train. It should be him that is up in court not the Big Man!!!

C3......................[disgust][disgust][disgust]

annemarie482
14-Dec-11, 14:38
Thieving is when you take something that doesn't belong to you so that it is no longer in the possession of the rightful owner. So what has he stolen?.

what has he stolen?

a seat on a train, and a service. thats what.

a seat from a potentially paying customer.
wether the seat was needed or not does not matter,
he was using it without permission nor right
and he stole a service ie: train ride home.

i have no sympathy.

these situations (ie: the attuitude and lack of respect) have been brought on by a generation of soft parenting and we are now suffering the concequences.

DeHaviLand
14-Dec-11, 19:57
I see the ignorant little scrote is now blaming his behaviour on a variety of mitigating factors, diabetes, lack of sleep, stress, misunderstanding, blad di blah di blah. All this only coming out after he's had ample time to be coached.
As for the big man, he was in the wrong. He, on the face of it, looks to be guilty of assault. And he deserves whatever punishment he gets, just for being an Investment Banker. And no, thats not a euphemism!

Corrie 3
17-Dec-11, 10:26
Methinks they need a Big Man doon sooth!!!!!!

I bet this inspector wished someone had helped him!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16229921

C3.............:eek::eek:

ShelleyCowie
17-Dec-11, 11:02
D'ya know what, reading the comments people have posted about this person actually disgusts me a bit. None of you have met either of these people, none of you know the FULL story. The video posted, was part of what went on.

That man claimed he had paid for his ticket already, he had been on a students day out, just woken up and asked for the ticket, realised the mistake. The conductor barely gave him a chance to explain. YES he should not of cursed at the conductor (we all need to curse every now and again tho right ;) )

He was thrown face first to the ground, did u read that, FACE FIRST. That is horrific, never mind the thought of it being on a train platform which could be potentially dangerous.

When he needed to get his diabetes medicine, he was yet again thrown!

If you think thats fair and fine just because you think "the big man" is cool then shame on you! Some people are a disgrace, and its certainly NOT Sam, its the people judging the situation!

Corrie 3
17-Dec-11, 11:09
D'ya know what, reading the comments people have posted about this person actually disgusts me a bit. None of you have met either of these people, none of you know the FULL story. The video posted, was part of what went on.

That man claimed he had paid for his ticket already, he had been on a students day out, just woken up and asked for the ticket, realised the mistake. The conductor barely gave him a chance to explain. YES he should not of cursed at the conductor (we all need to curse every now and again tho right ;) )

He was thrown face first to the ground, did u read that, FACE FIRST. That is horrific, never mind the thought of it being on a train platform which could be potentially dangerous.

When he needed to get his diabetes medicine, he was yet again thrown!

If you think thats fair and fine just because you think "the big man" is cool then shame on you! Some people are a disgrace, and its certainly NOT Sam, its the people judging the situation!
And the Guy who stabbed the Inspector doon sooth? Is he a Little Angel too Shelley? Who is to say that the Big Man could well have saved the ScotRail Inspector from getting injured,stabbed or ...saved his life. Who knows what Angelic Sam would have done if the Big Man hadn't stepped in?
Sorry but with his attitude he deserved all he got (and more) in my opinion.

C3............[disgust][disgust]

orkneycadian
17-Dec-11, 11:17
Methinks they need a Big Man doon sooth!!!!!!

I bet this inspector wished someone had helped him!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16229921

C3.............:eek::eek:

Corrie - How can you say this when you don't know all the facts? My guess was that the young gentlemen in question were on their way to tend their sick granny, but had inadvertently bought tickets from Southend to Chelmsford (those ticket machines can be so confusing after all....). After courteously leaving the train when asked to do so, one of them noticed that the ticket inspector was about to get his tie caught up in the self closing doors. To avert catastrophe, the quick thinking young men whipped out a knife they use for whittling wooden figurines to sell for charity to cut the inspector free and save him from choking to death, but unfortunately, one of them slipped on a discarded McDonalds wrapper and, by pure accident, stabbed the hapless inspector in the back. ;)

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-11, 16:11
And the Guy who stabbed the Inspector doon sooth? Is he a Little Angel too Shelley? Who is to say that the Big Man could well have saved the ScotRail Inspector from getting injured,stabbed or ...saved his life. Who knows what Angelic Sam would have done if the Big Man hadn't stepped in?
Sorry but with his attitude he deserved all he got (and more) in my opinion.

C3............[disgust][disgust]

I wasnt talking about that one though, i was talking about the people this thread was opened for. there are alot of what IFS thrown in about here. What if i walk outside and go to the shop and get stabbed and mugged?

I think you are being pre-judgemental. But thats my opinion. I stand with both sides, Sam should not of cursed at the ticket man, the big man should not of thrown him face first off a train!

Since we are good at what ifs, what if sam was thrown and went under the train?

Bazeye
20-Dec-11, 16:47
If the train was stuck at the station, until he departed, my tea was getting cold and I was hungry I'd have thrown him off myself.

orkneycadian
20-Dec-11, 20:35
the big man should not of thrown him face first off a train!

If the toerag had done as instructed by the inspector, he wouldnt have been thrown of at all, let alone, face first.

And folk wonder why society is the shape its in.....

bekisman
20-Dec-11, 21:34
I thought Alan Pollock, the guy who did the right thing, was supposed to be an Investment Banker, but found a few newspapers who say he's thought to be a fire-fighter, just wondered..(it was the Guardian and the Telegraph and I'm soo confused)

Out of interest it seems the yob had been swearing and abusive for quite a while before he was actually filmed, also the woman with the kids looking angry was rightly so as the prat grabbed her coat on his 'way through'..

ShelleyCowie
21-Dec-11, 01:17
If the toerag had done as instructed by the inspector, he wouldnt have been thrown of at all, let alone, face first.

And folk wonder why society is the shape its in.....

And if the ticket man gave the boy a chance to try and figure out the problem, then it wouldnt of happened.

I dont wonder why the society is in the shape its in, the younger generation get the blame for alot! Who is meant to be the ones teaching them? The older ones thats who ;)

Rheghead
21-Dec-11, 01:28
If Jesus was the train conductor, what would He have done to resolve this tense situation?

shazzap
21-Dec-11, 02:14
I was always taught. Two wrongs, don't make a right. ;) I suppose you really had to be there, to make a correct assumption.

upolian
21-Dec-11, 10:04
Another great read,cheers for the laugh !

Phill
21-Dec-11, 10:38
Jesus would have tazered him!

(maybe)

squidge
21-Dec-11, 11:43
Jesus would have paid his fare for him, got him to apologise to his fellow passengers and avoided all this carry on.

brandy
21-Dec-11, 12:10
sorry the diabetes thing is doing my head in.. hes diabetic.. why the heck is he out drinking? why is he being put across as a child? he was being abusive and combative. he may have been acting like a child.. crossing his arms and saying.. no im not moving.. but he was being drunk and disorderly. the big man.. asked if help was needed the conductor said yes, so he then tossed him off the train.. i do agree that any bag left behind should have been tossed after him.. but from what ive read.. he was more concerned for his ipod and mobile than any medication. which by the way drinking lowers your sugar levels.. so more than like he would have needed a mars bar before insulin. he was put off the train rather gently the first time.. i thought.. wasnt until he tried to get back on he was tossed on his head.. all in all.. if things had been done strictly by the book.. could have called the police and waited another half an hour.. for them to get there.. make everyone get off the train.. then have the police escort him off.. and to a lovely cell where he could sleep it off.. and they could have dealt with any medical conditions he may or may not have. sorry i just have no sympathy for this guy.. he had enough money to go out and drink.. risk his health, and then become aggressive when called out on not having the right ticket.. which by the way.. the conductor told him several times quet clearly . that the ticket he had was a one way not a return.. to which his answer was nuhuh!! i was more afraid of the poor conductor having a stroke than the jammie dodger having a hypo

ducati
21-Dec-11, 12:34
OK. My tuppence worth.

The conductor, unable to control a simple situation that he was trained for, and thereby endangering two of the people he was responsible for the safety of, should be disciplined.

The big man, probably drunk himself as normally people don't do that, should be done for aggravated assault. And the conductor done for aiding and abetting.

The fair dodger, should be fined for travelling without a correct ticket, but also should sue the big guy and the rail company.

What do you think? :D

shazzap
21-Dec-11, 13:02
OK. My tuppence worth.

The conductor, unable to control a simple situation that he was trained for, and thereby endangering two of the people he was responsible for the safety of, should be disciplined.

The big man, probably drunk himself as normally people don't do that, should be done for aggravated assault. And the conductor done for aiding and abetting.

The fair dodger, should be fined for travelling without a correct ticket, but also should sue the big guy and the rail company.

What do you think? :D

It's a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd woooorrrrrrrrrrrlllld. They're coming to take me away, haha hoho hehe.

squidge
21-Dec-11, 13:58
I think the conductor should be Re trained to avoid another situation getting our of hand. Disciplined, hmmm maybe depends on his previous conduct. If it is simply a training issue then no to disciplinary but if he has a history of poor performance then yes. The big man should be checked out and again if no history of violent behaviour then just a quiet word but again if this is part of a pattern of aggression or violent behaviour then maybe further action should be taken. The young man should be fined for travelling without a ticket and his mother should let him know how cross embarrassed and ashamed of him she is. She should make him apologise to the train conductor and the people on the train. His mum and dad should let him know that under no circumstances should he be sueing anyone. He might then learn a valuable lesson in humility.

golach
21-Dec-11, 14:36
On BBC Scotland news our local hero "The Big Man" has been charged with assault by the police, Where do I donate to his fine? :)

maggie
21-Dec-11, 15:45
I've been following this thread with interest and cannot believe some of the comments made. I do not usually contribute but this has me all fired up.
I think this society is in so much trouble now, because of its tolerance of bad and unruly behaviour. In my opinion there there should be zero tolerance and sharp, harsh punishment carried out from an early age for any antisocial behaviour.
I was a nurse for many years and attended all the mandatory courses on dealing with violence and aggression. I have had to deal with many people over the years with violent and threatening behaviour, who were not ill, but drunk or just “teed off” because they were not being attended to as quickly as they might like. Why? I was there to administer to the sick, not to listen to foul language or fend off violent behaviour.
My daughter is a teacher and I sometimes I cannot believe the behaviour she has to deal with. Young men and young ladies spewing forth vitriol often verging on and tipping over into physical violence with very little repercussion and punitive punishment. Why, she is only there trying to teach.
If this behaviour could be shown to be unacceptable and stamped out as early as nursery class, then I'm sure this country would become a better place in which to live.
I'm sorry but I cannot agree with you, Squidge – retraining for the conductor on the train– I don't think so. Retraining for our youth would be a better idea. Then folks who work in schools, hospitals, shops and places like social security offices would be able to go about their business without the fear of violent outbursts from people, who, after all,they are only trying to help.

pat
21-Dec-11, 17:44
Agree with you completely Maggie, well said.

I could not understand the parents of this man, advising and encouraging him to have 'the big man' charged.
When I was young if I went home, told parents about this. they would have been mortified. I would have been severely punished by them (not encouraged as I see it) for behaviour, being drunk, for using such language, for even complaining.
The actions taken was due to this man's own actions (over indulgence in alcohol), incompetence (not buying the proper tickets) and behaviour (language, attitude).
No one should have to put up with such behaviour from anyone, I fully support 'the big man' - if he was in a pub, he would be asked to leave or removed from the premises (guard gave him permission to be removed from premises), in the street he would have been up on a breach of the peace at least.

Phill
21-Dec-11, 18:10
I've been following this thread with interest and cannot believe some of the comments made. I do not usually contribute but this has me all fired up.
I think this society is in so much trouble now, because of its tolerance of bad and unruly behaviour. In my opinion there there should be zero tolerance and sharp, harsh punishment carried out from an early age for any antisocial behaviour.
I was a nurse for many years and attended all the mandatory courses on dealing with violence and aggression. I have had to deal with many people over the years with violent and threatening behaviour, who were not ill, but drunk or just “teed off” because they were not being attended to as quickly as they might like. Why? I was there to administer to the sick, not to listen to foul language or fend off violent behaviour.
My daughter is a teacher and I sometimes I cannot believe the behaviour she has to deal with. Young men and young ladies spewing forth vitriol often verging on and tipping over into physical violence with very little repercussion and punitive punishment. Why, she is only there trying to teach.
If this behaviour could be shown to be unacceptable and stamped out as early as nursery class, then I'm sure this country would become a better place in which to live.
I'm sorry but I cannot agree with you, Squidge – retraining for the conductor on the train– I don't think so. Retraining for our youth would be a better idea. Then folks who work in schools, hospitals, shops and places like social security offices would be able to go about their business without the fear of violent outbursts from people, who, after all,they are only trying to help.

Yeah, that too!
And this one, just another example of delinquents and their antisocial behaviour: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16283295

(see the big man has been charged with assault now)

bekisman
21-Dec-11, 22:03
Yep: Alan Pollock to be charged, and the scroat Sam Main, 19, has been reported to the Procurator Fiscal for a breach of the peace and trespass Main, (who has not been charged), has been reported under Section 38 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing Act 2010 - threatening and abusive behaviour - and also for trespass.

Sam Main tells us had been drinking before boarding the train "There are a number of factors that contributed to my mind state and perhaps had an adverse affect on my mood and my mannerisms at that time" so there you are I'm not a silly little boy..

Now it appears that some Orgers think the conductor should be retrained, the 'big man' should be checked for violence(?), and his mummy should be very very cross, and the little boy should go and say sorry to all the nice people on the puff puff, and his daddy should tell him not to be a naughty boy and sue the nice man who actually did 'daddies' job..

Oh dear just woken up, I was in never never land for a bit there!! :roll:

Moira
21-Dec-11, 22:34

Unlike you Maggie I was not following this thread with any interest because I've come to despair about the world we live in and I see that there is very little I can do to change it.

Your post is absolutely spot-on. Very well said. :)

squidge
21-Dec-11, 23:50
If his parents took responsibility for making sure their kids took responsibility for apologising for bad behaviour then as big as he is, he should be apologising AS WELL as being charged with whatever the police think fit. His PARENTS are the ones responsible for ensuring he knows he has behaved badly. You may sneer bekisman but at 19 and a student, whilst he is almost a man he probably still relies on his parents for money, washing and stuff, they therefore have a role to play in his response to this. My sons are 22 and 21 and stand well on Their own two feet but see if they behaved like this I would be making damn sure they apologised to all the people concerned publicly and took their punishment.

I also said that this lads parents should not be encouraging him to sue anyone. Dont make the mistake of thinking parental influence and
disapproval are nothing they can often be quite powerful. In addition
what i said was the big man should not be charged unless his behaviour was part of a pattern of violent offending!!!!

Maggie, the conductor put himself and others at risk and as you and I both know from dealing with aggressive and violent people, that is the one thing you MUST not do. Im assuming the conductor found himself
floundering and struggling to deal with the situation and therefore let it
get out of control. That suggests to me a need for further training.

As for the behaviour of children well, nursery is too late. If the government put their money where their mouths are and invest in support for struggling families then we might see a wee bit of a change but its a hard long slog. However, for those of you who are despairing at todays young people I suggest you take yourself off to Wick or Thurso High and see some of the lovely kids there are and the hard work they do for their school and community. If you think they are lost then try volunteering to do youth work and really make a difference, many of you could set a wonderful example of how to deal with life's difficulties, how to be polite and considerate whilst still getting your point accross. You guys could make a real difference and change a young persons attitude and direction in life. Some of our young people need the help and support which you guys could offer, give it a thought :)

golach
08-Feb-12, 23:38
Well done the Crown Office, in the public interest they have dropped the case against the Big man..........and the wee nyaff [lol]

starfish
08-Feb-12, 23:47
i say good for the man that stood up and assisted the boy off the train. I have travelled on the cattle float down south many a time and why should some body think they could travel free get away with it. when every one else pay over the od fare for a ticket . I say good for him.

Muppet1
09-Feb-12, 00:38
Well said shelly.

pat
09-Feb-12, 07:49
Thank goodness the Big Man has had his case dropped, hope the wee nyaffs parents do not take out a civil case for assault or some such stupid thing, think they may be persuaded not to by the feeling of many people and the costs involved and part of the filmed footage.

Gronnuck
09-Feb-12, 10:06
Common sense at last.
Soon after this blew up and just out of interest I looked up Sam Sugerfree Main on Facebook, the gobby little scrote (thank you Corrie 3 for this apt description) does himself no favours. He’s a student studying at Heriot Watt University. He’s happy to publicise his inane ramblings and those of his ‘friends’ for all the world to see. He obviously hasn’t considered that prospective employers are going to have a look at his Facebook page alongside any CV he might hand in. The lad is a numptie but I suppose at least his parents are proud of him.