PDA

View Full Version : Santa pressies.. wrap or leave unwrapped?

Dadie
11-Dec-11, 00:26
Big debate in our house every year...mostly from hubby who hates wrapping pressies!
I think Santa pressies should be wrapped (using different paper of course) but he thinks its ok to just bung them unwrapped in a pillowcase...
We have 3 believers in Santa here!
So what do you do?...(if yours are believers obviously)

shazzap
11-Dec-11, 00:35
Big debate in our house every year...mostly from hubby who hates wrapping pressies!
I think Santa pressies should be wrapped (using different paper of course) but he thinks its ok to just bung them unwrapped in a pillowcase...
We have 3 believers in Santa here!
So what do you do?...(if yours are believers obviously)

When mine were small, and still believed. We used to leave a bun/biscuit, and a drink. Unwrapped.:)

Dadie
11-Dec-11, 00:40
Doh..We leave out the usual bits for Santa mincemeat pie/glass of something..carrot for rudolph etc...
And put footprints/hoove prints in the carpet with glitter etc...(when all wee ones are sleeping)
Its the Santa pressies TO THE KIDS we can never agree on ..wrap or leave as they are!

shazzap
11-Dec-11, 00:48
Had a Homer moment there, lol. We always wrapped, and put in the big santa sacks.

annemarie482
11-Dec-11, 01:18
i wrap them for my three kids ( 5yrs, 3yrs & 8 weeks)

1:adds excitment by delaying them
2:stops nosey children (who get up too early) from seeing pressies before mum and dad can watch them open them!
3: they're young, and associate wrapping with presents

unicorn
11-Dec-11, 01:26
wrapped for sure, with paper that is totally different than everyone elses, tell hubby if he doesn't want to wrap them you will do it and he can wallpaper the stairs lol

Dadie
11-Dec-11, 01:28
I also do stockings..at the end of beds to delay the haning to get up....at least if they come through with them at 5 am we can delay the getting up untill 6am!
Well by the time they get the chocolate coins open we are awake...after trying to get the pressies under the darn tree and everything else ready to make it magical at stupid o clock.....when everyone is sleeping....

Dadie
11-Dec-11, 01:33
The size of the stairs and lobbby would have him in heart failure...so I win hands down this year!:)
As for the parcels wrapped like fish puddings......ooops thats me!
AWKWARD parcels are beyond me!

Scarybiscuits03
11-Dec-11, 01:41
Depends on what you do? I know folk that buy loads of pressies and they're all from santa???? Do the kids not get a little annoyed that they've not got anything from their parents? My OH said all his pressies were from santa - I would have sussed it out by the age of 5 if that were the case!

I got one main pressie from Santa and the rest were from my parents, depending on what it was it would be wrapped differently or just hidden somewhere in the house for me to come accross. A bike would be hidden in the lobby for me to find, a tv set up and ready to go - and Ive always followed suit with my kid.
Luckily she's never asked santa for anything major, so pressies from us have always outwayed santas pressies! This year it's a build a bear from santa - £15 and comes in a nice little box - sorted!

Sandra_B
11-Dec-11, 11:15
My two were always told Santa could only bring one present to each child, and he didn't have time to wrap them. That way they could see Santa had been and brought them what they asked for straight away and all other gifts were wrapped from friends and family.

annemarie482
11-Dec-11, 11:33
Depends on what you do? I know folk that buy loads of pressies and they're all from santa???? Do the kids not get a little annoyed that they've not got anything from their parents? My OH said all his pressies were from santa - I would have sussed it out by the age of 5 if that were the case!

thats what i had as a child, and thats what i do with my children.
never have i been asked "where is mine from mum and dad" they're not that ungrateful and delighted for what they have.

alanatkie
11-Dec-11, 11:33
I did a mixture of wrapped & unwrapped, the pressies they asked Santa for were wrapped to prolong the antisipation but other little stocking fillers would just be popped in the santa sack unwrapped. This yr I have no believes so all pressies are getting wrapped :)

Corrie 3
11-Dec-11, 11:37
All pressies should be wrapped, no matter what age of the recipient...(I love my presents wrapped and I am old)!!!

C3................:roll:;)

maggie
11-Dec-11, 11:38
Wrap everything, even the stocking stuff. We did everything except the orange apple and mandarin, chocolate coins and sugar mice. It took half the night and most of a bottle of sherry but sooooooo worth it. As prezzies arrived from family for the kids, I always had a sneaky peek and retaped (became a master at that) so that after the melee of present opening I could always tell them what came from who when it came to the "thank yous". Were the kids pondering who it all came from as they were ripping off the paper as fast as they could? Don't know............Niall??
Lovely happy memories, hope you all have a wonderful time.

Kodiak
11-Dec-11, 12:37
I do not see any problem at all. Any Present from Santa will either be wrapped or not, it all depends on what time Santa's Little Helpers have. If they are having a real busy time then they would be Unwrapped but if they were ahead of schedule they they would Wrap them.

After all it is up to Santa and his helpers to decide and no one else.

http://i.imgur.com/lZVwx.gif

changilass
11-Dec-11, 19:53
Santas pressies are wrapped in old newspapers, it means that he has more money spare for gifts, so all the children can get pressies.

2boyz1girl
11-Dec-11, 23:51
we don't wrap the santa present. Or any of the stocking goodies. We put all the usual bits n bobs in the stocking and leave what they have asked from santa unwrapped next to their stocking. Also if its a doll, its already out the box and ready to play with coz see those sadistic manufacturers and the tape they put on those things......aarrrggghhh nightmare. Also when I was little that is how I discovered who Santa was, I recognised my mums handwriting on the label. Gutted i was.

NLP
12-Dec-11, 00:27
Wrapped in shiny paper and with a Santa gift tag.

Rheghead
12-Dec-11, 00:38
Wrapped, there is nothing that can replace seeing your child struggling to get into a Crimbo parcel at a fast rate of knots.

rich62_uk
12-Dec-11, 14:50
We wrap everything in Christmas paper including santas lol. And I agree drink helps it along however the last few do not look as nice as the first lot lmao.
We have one believer two in doubt and one that asks for what he would like :).

Tinkerbell09
12-Dec-11, 15:06
My parents wrapped all our stuff one year (I'm one of three) and I think that was the only year that happened! I would love mine to be all wrapped, i vote all wrapped! I find if it's not wrapped you see all your stuff within a couple of minutes, its exciting having to unwrap it all :Razz

morganria
12-Dec-11, 15:07
We never wrapped Santa presents, just left them beside each stocking and it was never questioned. One present each under the tree wrapped from us everything else is from Santa. Next year I don't know coz there will definitely be no Santa believers. This year one is on the verge but scared not to believe just incase lol!!!!

golach
12-Dec-11, 15:33
Many years ago, myself and my wife took our two lads to see Santa in our local co-op, my eldest then 9 was a none believer, but wanted a gift so went along with it, my youngest aged 7 was a believer. Santa after giving them their gifts then spoke to me, "Are you busy just now Postie with all the Xmas cards"? To which, my youngest turned and sneered at his older brother, "See Santa is real, he knows Dad is a Postie". My eldest was perplexed, who was right, his pals at school or his wee brother?
Litte did they know, that "Santa" was a newly retired Postie who I worked with, my wife and I have laughed for years at this, the look on my eldest face was a picture.

Dadie
12-Dec-11, 15:57
Oh Wrapped it is!
There is 3 of them to wrap for...
So will wrap a few every night until its done! (trying to remember what paper is for what)
Ps does anyone else give the kids new pjs to wear on Christmas eve?

squidge
12-Dec-11, 17:22
Wrapped definitely. I also tell them that if they get up and go to see presents before its daylight the presents will disappear. In 20 years i have NEVER had a 5am christmas morning. They just go back to sleep if its dark lol

billmoseley
12-Dec-11, 17:38
Santa doesn't come to me :( wife says I'm too naughty:roll:

little echo
12-Dec-11, 19:37
Defo wrapped and yes do a little each night now up to Christmas, coz not good for your back leaving wrapping to night before then having to get up next day and do all the peeling of veg!!!!! Caught me oot for years:roll:

Blarney
14-Dec-11, 22:44
Everyone knows that Santa is a very busy man so his parcels aren't wrapped quite as carefully as the others but they are ALWAYS wrapped....and as long as you believe then Santa will always leave you presents:)

Dadie
14-Dec-11, 22:56
Feeling smug .... all pressies wrapped...hubby found all his pressies though...unwrapped..so no surprises for him on the day...he even helped me wrap them as there was no point squirrelling them away again!
New jammies for the kids arrived and on the back of the door waiting for a quick wash before wearing on Christmas eve.
Just need to buy biscuits/mincemeat pies for Santa (have carrots in fridge for reindeer if not used beforehand and replaced)
Unlike last year where I was still waiting for pressies to arrive on Christmas eve (weather last year ...I ordered in plenty of time..November)and panicking.
Im pretty bad at wrapping at the best of times, but I admit, I have wrapped fish suppers better (in my time)than some of the pressies (awkward shaped ones) this year!

mumof2
14-Dec-11, 23:06
santa pressies are wrapped in pink paper for my lassie and blue paper for my boy, no tags coz they know my handwriting. most other pressies are wrapped and tagged, just got a handful at mother in laws and then the kids' big main toy which is at an undisclosed address until christmas eve (late no doubt). i love christmas and i feel quite lucky both mine still believe (nearly 10 and nearly 8)