PDA

View Full Version : Thurso High

molly
26-Oct-06, 12:36
I called 0870 054 6999 with pin 041230 for thurso high school to find out if they are closing for country kids. melvich and strathy kids may get home early.. an update will be done at 1pm

mums angels
26-Oct-06, 12:50
my brother in law(lives in the country) is at thurso high and just text him to ask if he'd been told anything and he knows nothing about it yet, nobodys even mentioned the possibility to him yet!!

Is it just me or is the weather getting a little better?

motopitcrew
26-Oct-06, 13:18
my kids are just in and say the school is flooded with water coming in through the roof and windows with water running onto computers and floors slippery is it realy safe to be thair

sharon
26-Oct-06, 13:19
thurso high school is closing just got a call from my son...... tiles fallen off the roof and starting to flood or so he says!! [lol]

sharon
26-Oct-06, 13:25
just tried to phone the school to see whats happening with country kids are they going to get transport home...... No answer!! anyone esle know?

heard earlier that the roads are closed from halkirk to thurso anyone got any updates??

Piglet
26-Oct-06, 13:31
the number for road closures is 0900 340 1363

Max
26-Oct-06, 13:38
Just come back from Wick to Thurso - road really bad road closed at Haster

topotheuk
26-Oct-06, 13:38
up until about 10 mins ago, school open as normal. didn't sound as if they were very impressed at parents phoning, but my hubby away to get ours cos road closed between castletown and dunnet by the links and also at corseback cemetry. the back road is almost impassable, only for the very brave. apparantly the country kids have been told they can go home early if they want to and if someone makes contact with school, but buses not going home early. hope this is of use

sharon
26-Oct-06, 13:42
i got the school, and its not closing for the moment.....
my son was just in a panic!

and its starting to brighten up!!

pops
26-Oct-06, 14:21
just phoned the school number and strathy pupils had alteady left and weydale bus pupils will be leaving at 2.45