PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having problems with Sky?

adi1
08-Dec-11, 23:12
My Sky seems to have gone on the blink, dish is still there but receiving no signal to box just wondering if anyone else having same probs or maybe my dish as moved?

brandy
08-Dec-11, 23:15
Yeah, tends to happen when the wind gets up like tonight

changilass
08-Dec-11, 23:19
Mines been off since teatime in Aberdeen.

adi1
08-Dec-11, 23:20
just had another look and I think a roof tile may of hit the dish bloody, thing is on the lea-side of the wind too........will venture out now while dry and try and get a signal.

Alrock
09-Dec-11, 00:15
....will venture out now while dry and try and get a signal.

Remember Rod Hull....
Learn from those who went before.... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Hull#Death)

castlehill
09-Dec-11, 13:20
Mine went off last night and is still off now, no sign of damage anywhere.

Kodiak
09-Dec-11, 13:25
All I can say is that we have had no problems with SKY at all. Perhaps your dish has been blown out of allignment and this has made you lose your signal.

Have a word with Moonboots here at the org as he is a SKY Installer and I am sure he would be able to give you some advice.

TAFKAL
09-Dec-11, 16:44
I'd been having problems too - might have had something to do with no leccy ;)

bekisman
09-Dec-11, 17:06
I'd been having problems too - might have had something to do with no leccy ;)
Very witty!

Iffy
09-Dec-11, 19:48
Well my telly went on a wee "trip" the other night.......nothing to do with high winds or lack of electricity !

I switched on to watch "recorded" programmes from "Sky+" and all I got was, either "Clashed", "Not Recorded" or "Failed".......

Now considering that "said programmes" were worth "gold".....I was kinda upset (sorry to the cat........ !)

After a few wee "choice wordies" I settled down to "see what I could do" (Brilliant TV technician that I am.........)
Mmmmmm......nope, that "button" doesn't help..........mmmmmm.........nope, that "button" causes a completely blank screen.........nope, that "button" is definetley "dead"......

So this is what I ended up doing...................

GOING TO MY BED ABSOLUTELY FIZZING MAD !!!!!!!! [evil][evil][evil]

Moonboots
09-Dec-11, 21:01
Thanx Kodiak for your kind words.

Anyway yes the high winds have caused alot of problems with aerials and satellite systems (loss of signal, falling down etc)
Basically theres nothing much which can be done apart from the dish/aerial getting re-aligned.

For Sky - If your dish has moved and lost its signal, you will not be able to watch recordings or record, The box needs a signal to authorise the Sky+ features.

If you are subscribed to Sky then give them a phone and you might get the dish fixed for free. If not then call an installer who would be able to come out once the wind calms down _ Beware!!!! they will be busy though and thats including myself.

Sorry for not having better news.

bigk
09-Dec-11, 22:14
we have to remove the power lead from the back of the box and reconnect it after a minute or so when ours messes up try that first...it resets your box channels etc...hope this helps.