PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Cheese

silverlady
07-Dec-11, 15:30
Just read an online article on John O'Groat Journal that the premises at Occumster has been burned down -how sad for the owners, especially at this time of year. Here's hoping they can get up n running again.We need our successful small local businesses! :(

Bruce_H
08-Dec-11, 16:06
I came across this story as well and was dismayed. I have carried their wonderful cheese to family all over Britain and "smuggled" dozens of them to America where folks love them. I do hope they can rebuild!

Bruce H
San Diego, CA

stumpy
09-Dec-11, 10:14
Can only agree with what's been said,it'll be a great blow to them after building up a successful business over the years.I used to stock up every time I came home,and their cheese was always popular with friends in Edinburgh and beyond(I think Canada was as far as I've sent it).It was worth going to the Edinburgh farmers' market just for a yarn with Sandra.According to the P & J article they don't feel they can re-start the business: a great shame,but it must be heartbreaking to contemplate starting from scratch.Thanks to Sandy and Sandra for providing a high-quality local product for so long,and best of luck to them for the future.