PDA

View Full Version : Admittance to the Underworld

Errogie
25-Oct-06, 22:57
Don't ask how it happened but on Saturday night I am keeper to the underworld at the gate to the Ness Islands (Inverness) as assorted kids and minders get a conducted tour through the paths and among the trees from a bunch of countryside rangers and amateur thespians. There will be lots of spooky Halloween things happening along the way, corpses, Culloden, witches, man eating rats, just the usual seasonal fare.

Now I have the long black cloak and some sort of rubber mask mask and am going to paint up an old scythe and give each party a spiel about having written their last will and testament, checking life insurance, arranging to feed the cat and the goldfish and staying close to their spirit guides for the tour. Any thoughts or additional spooky warnings to curdle the blood and terrify the wains would be welcome.

j4bberw0ck
25-Oct-06, 23:07
Speak in a whisper if you can............ or at least a loud, hoarse whisperish sort of voice. Dead spooky. And good luck.:lol:

WeeBurd
25-Oct-06, 23:07
Don't ask how it happened but on Saturday night I am keeper to the underworld at the gate to the Ness Islands (Inverness) as assorted kids and minders get a conducted tour through the paths and among the trees from a bunch of countryside rangers and amateur thespians. There will be lots of spooky Halloween things happening along the way, corpses, Culloden, witches, man eating rats, just the usual seasonal fare.

Now I have the long black cloak and some sort of rubber mask mask and am going to paint up an old scythe and give each party a spiel about having written their last will and testament, checking life insurance, arranging to feed the cat and the goldfish and staying close to their spirit guides for the tour. Any thoughts or additional spooky warnings to curdle the blood and terrify the wains would be welcome.

Have fun, Errogie, I love all that nonsense, it's just a shame I'll not be able to stop by and have a tour myself!

connieb19
25-Oct-06, 23:13
Sounds great fun eroggie, you're not looking for any scarey looking extras are you?

canuck
25-Oct-06, 23:54
Errogie, can you use makeup instead of a mask? It looks so much better.

Good luck. I hope that you got the whisky barrel aired out and that the witch doesn't die of alcohol fume poisoning.

Moira
26-Oct-06, 00:05
Sorry Errogie - would have loved to help you out - but I have to be right here - just to scare Golach [evil] My broomstick is in the workshop right now - can't get the parts or the staff nowadays - give Crayola a shout though - she might do a "wee turn".

Ricco
26-Oct-06, 16:44
Aww, Errogie - you get to do the most wonderful fun things. I'm green with envy - make it good and spooky. lol :eek:

Errogie
27-Oct-06, 14:36
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'm practicing a Gollum type siss for the words and someone just suggested we go to a pub afterwards in costume. Might even pick up a few monkey nuts and sweets as well.
Why should kids have all the fun at Halloween!

Ann
27-Oct-06, 14:52
I hope you contacted the Health and Safety committee about your scythe? They are everywhere these days you know!;)

scrapydoo
27-Oct-06, 15:42
Sounds great fun enjoy yourself :D

Elenna
27-Oct-06, 16:14
That sounds brilliant fun, Errogie, and I'm sure you will be completely terrifying! :D Have a wonderful night. You might want to remember to wear some thermals, though. It can get quite chilly in the Underworld this time of year...;)