PDA

View Full Version : 'Tinterweb problems!

Phill
06-Dec-11, 12:47
Is anyone else suffering problems with some websites?

I can't access a random selection of sites including my email. This forum and many other sites perfectly fine but others are completely unconnectable.

:confused

Alice in Blunderland
06-Dec-11, 12:53
Having lots of difficulty accessing sites.

I can get the org and one or two other sites that I have tried no problem but some random ones I have tried to access from google not a hope. :(

Nick Noble
06-Dec-11, 12:55
try opening a command prompt and typing :

ipconfig /flushdns

and then hit enter

Phill
06-Dec-11, 13:03
try opening a command prompt and typing :

ipconfig /flushdns

and then hit enternah, didnea do it, good try!

Getting access now on 3 mobile broadband, I guess there is a problem with BT somewhere?!!

RecQuery
06-Dec-11, 14:17
We noticed problems earlier. Furthest I was able to track it down was to BT routing to the Akamai CDN. It wasn't an Akamai issue as I could get to everything fine tunnelling through one of BT's peers. It's all working now as far as I'm aware now.

gillsbay
06-Dec-11, 14:56
useful website, I see they are working on this problem

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

bekisman
06-Dec-11, 16:19
Yep, my virgin.net email keeps gong down intermittently. Says:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.virgin.net', Server: 'mail.virgin.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Phill
06-Dec-11, 16:38
useful website, I see they are working on this problem

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_statusNice linky, thanks.

Things seem to working now, I can get me email at least.

Wick Fix
07-Dec-11, 00:41
I would also suggest rebooting routers now issue resolved! :)

kas
07-Dec-11, 01:04
Have spent most of my evening trying to rectify what I thought was a problem on my PC.
I cant access met office,on my PC but can access them no problem on the ipod so I thought It was my PC.

So thankyou for letting us know,

RecQuery
07-Dec-11, 08:51
I said earlier that this was for fixed for us and the other connections we tried, but it seems to be back again this morning.

Angel
09-Dec-11, 01:05
Can not get access to my Tiscali e-mail accounts... any ideas?

Angel...

dx100uk
09-Dec-11, 03:48
give it 24hrs prob server issues

have you checked the webmail interface if your are using a mail prog on your pc?

dx

Angel
09-Dec-11, 23:13
Been 72 hrs as of 10pm this eve DX... All my other accounts work fine... I go to Tiscali Login and enter details and it comes back as 'Incorrect name and or password'... This has happened in the past and it was their servers being updated, but this time I am not sure... But thanks anyway...

Angel...

Rheghead
10-Dec-11, 00:10
I can't get on the Org, most frustrating!!

dx100uk
10-Dec-11, 00:17
Been 72 hrs as of 10pm this eve DX... All my other accounts work fine... I go to Tiscali Login and enter details and it comes back as 'Incorrect name and or password'... This has happened in the past and it was their servers being updated, but this time I am not sure... But thanks anyway...

Angel...

have you another pc to test it on ?

but it does sound like their server

dx

rich62_uk
10-Dec-11, 15:55
Facebook has died too ?

Angel
10-Dec-11, 23:37
Will try another PC...
Thanks DX

Angel...