PDA

View Full Version : Now it's Inspector Alasdair MacLeod

Nwicker60
05-Dec-11, 21:21
He is "looking forward" to serving his new community

A FORMER Caithness policeman has landed a top job with Northern Constabulary.
Alasdair MacLeod, who served as a sergeant at Wick for the five years from 2005, has taken up a new role as area inspector for Badenoch and Strathspey.
A former staff officer to the force executive, Alasdair joined Northern Constabulary in 1995 and worked in Inverness West and Inverness Centre for five years.
He transferred to his native Stornoway in 2000 and worked in uniform there for two years before taking on the role of Local Intelligence Officer for the Western Isles area command.
Alasdair was promoted to Sergeant in 2005 and transferred to Wick. He was in charge of a team of constables in Caithness for five years, working on all aspects of community Policing.
In 2010 he was transferred to Headquarters to take up a role as Staff Officer within the Force Executive, where he provided support to the Force's senior officer team.
As well as spending time as a Local Intelligence Officer, Alasdair spent ten years as a authorised firearms officer.
Speaking about his new role, Inspector MacLeod said: "I am delighted to have been appointed as the Area Inspector for Badenoch and Strathspey. I have worked for Northern Constabulary in various parts of the Highlands and Islands but this is my first posting to this area and | look forward to serving and working with the community here. In times of significant change for the police service in Scotland, it will be my priority to ensure that the people of Badenoch and Strathspey continue to receive the highest standard of service from their local officers. We achieve good results in this Force because we enjoy the support and assistance of those we serve, and I trust and hope that this will continue into the future."
He is married with three sons and was born in Stornoway, Western Isles. He moved to Glasgow when he was 17 and worked and studied Community Education. Alasdair did that for two years before opting to take his experience into Policing when he joined Northern Constabulary.