PDA

View Full Version : Dentist wanted !!!

Tc4
25-Oct-06, 14:27
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a dentist in wick or surrounding area.

Do they all charge a monthly fee now?

I am willing to travel to find someone who is resonable and does good work.

Anyone got any reccomendations?

Oh anyone know whats happening with the dentists that were supposed to be opening up at the business park?

Tc4

Hibeechick
25-Oct-06, 15:32
You'll be lucky to get on any local waiting lists! If you do there will be up to a years wait ive been told! I know that the Thurso dentist isn't taking on anymore patients either :(

moncur
25-Oct-06, 16:23
Ross Henderson
Bridges Dental Clinic
01955 606999
Fee is something like 20 or 25 quid a year
and each visit costs 20 or 25 quid plus cost of treatment.

the charlatans
25-Oct-06, 16:47
cheers moncur,

its not just tc4 that wanted a dentist. i rang up Bridgend in Thurso to be told that they do a monthly subscription of £15 plus treatment. ouch. i am lucky that i have good teeth and only require a scrub once a year which cost me about £36 in Oban last year so i about fainted when she said £15 a month plus. i was almost tempted to keep on at the Oban practice but then that defeats the purpose really doesn't it? oh for the NHS long ago.....

i think Tesco and Asda should start dental practice. they would clear up.

angela5
25-Oct-06, 17:02
Ross Henderson
Bridges Dental Clinic
01955 606999
Fee is something like 20 or 25 quid a year
and each visit costs 20 or 25 quid plus cost of treatment.

Bridges Dental Clinic is £20 a year. I have'nt paid an extra £20/£25 on top of the cost of treatment.

henry20
25-Oct-06, 17:13
Me neither, Angela5 and I reckon their prices aren't too bad either - although I haven't been in a while, so may get a nasty surprise next time! :)

angela5
25-Oct-06, 17:28
Me neither, Angela5 and I reckon their prices aren't too bad either - although I haven't been in a while, so may get a nasty surprise next time! :)

Go easy on the toffee apples at halloween henry20 :lol:

Billy Boy
25-Oct-06, 17:33

lol i hope you have been in the last year or you will get struck of,well that's what they told me anyway

babybunt
25-Oct-06, 17:41
Bridgend in Thurso do charge £15 a month but that includes your check ups and 3 scale and polish appointments in a year so if thats all your getting you don't pay any extra than that.

Billy Boy
25-Oct-06, 17:47
Bridgend in Thurso do charge £15 a month but that includes your check ups and 3 scale and polish appointments in a year so if thats all your getting you don't pay any extra than that.

£180 a year for 2 check up's and 3 polish app,and then any other treatment's on top of that now that's a bit steep no:confused

babybunt
25-Oct-06, 17:56
Yeah maybe it is a bit steep but also don't pay for any xrays taken and treatment for sensitivity, also you seen out of hrs in an emergency and dental accident insurance?

the charlatans
25-Oct-06, 18:05
£180 for all that? well when you put it like that, its a bargain.

naw, i still feel its steep for me who has no problem with her nashers. £36 a year versus £180 for 'just in case'? hmmm.

i think baby Charlatans should persue Dentistry for a career and keep me in my old age.

mind you, pretty manky job sometimes. sticking your hands into someone elses mouth yuk. And why do they always try to have a conversation with you when you can't talk, is this a dentist joke, ask them a question and watch them slever everywhere?

Billy Boy
25-Oct-06, 18:09
each to there own lol,i was with the thurso practice until they started the £15 a month,i now go to wick and pay £20 a year and get cheaper treatment than in thurso which includes x-ray's,so all in all i'am a happyish camper,so if your happy paying that sort of money for your treatment,were all happy:Razz

Fran
26-Oct-06, 01:04
The Dental School at Wick business park is due to open in 3 weeks time.

henry20
20-Dec-06, 15:08
lol i hope you have been in the last year or you will get struck of,well that's what they told me anyway

Hadn't been in ages Billy Boy, but had to go last month :( Treatment cost me £65, then todays treatment cost £100 and I have another 2 appointments booked and they are £85 each. Seeings as I haven't been in AGES, I reckon I've still worked out cheaper than if I'd been paying monthly.

Got to get a wisdom tooth taken out :~( wasn't sore the last time, but I just hated the blood ..... sob .. sob

EDDIE
20-Dec-06, 17:19
Paying a monthly fee to join a dentist thats just daylight robbery.I have noticed you cant buy dental repair kit out of asda if you have toothache quite a good idea if your teeth is nipping Someone told me the other day that if u have toothache you use sesidine toothpaste and rub it on with your finger over the sore bit and the pain goes away?

Billy Boy
20-Dec-06, 19:42
Hadn't been in ages Billy Boy, but had to go last month Treatment cost me £65, then todays treatment cost £100 and I have another 2 appointments booked and they are £85 each. Seeings as I haven't been in AGES, I reckon I've still worked out cheaper than if I'd been paying monthly.

Got to get a wisdom tooth taken out :~( wasn't sore the last time, but I just hated the blood ..... sob .. sob

just been in today and got 3 filling's which cost £65,add that to the £45 for my registration and check up so compare that to the £180 a year before any treatment in thurso, i'm glad i made the decision to go to the bridges:D

paris
20-Dec-06, 21:03
Hadn't been in ages Billy Boy, but had to go last month :( Treatment cost me £65, then todays treatment cost £100 and I have another 2 appointments booked and they are £85 each. Seeings as I haven't been in AGES, I reckon I've still worked out cheaper than if I'd been paying monthly.

If you go into hospital to have wisdom teeth taken out it doesnt cost you a penny ! Ive just had 2 back teeth taken out at my dentist in lincs and am now trying to eat without much joy, and with all the goodies at christmas as well , sob sob !!! jan x

Naefearjustbeer
20-Dec-06, 21:45
I fell over last week and cracked half of one of my front teeth off. So the wife phoned the bridges first thing in the morning for an emergency appointment. I got my appointment later that day and he fixed my broken tooth for £20 total cost. My teeth are pretty good condition so I only go for a check up every 2 years and a clean and polish in between times. I have never spent more than £60 in a year on a dental bill in my life and that includes the £20 fee to be on the books. So £20 for a clean and polish every other year £20 fee and maybe £40 every second year for treatment is pretty good in my book far better than Bridge end in thurso wanting a monthly subscription then treatment costs on top. The other thing that annoyed me about Bridge end in thurso was they sent me a letter stating that if we wanted NHS treatment for our daughter both me and the wife would have to subscribe to the monthly scheme. What a bloomin rip off £360 a year so our daughter can get free treatment scandalous. Especially as I have never even been in the place let alone had treatment from them so why he thought he could tout for business I dont know.