PDA

View Full Version : Vets

Bertieboy
04-Dec-11, 18:43
Do we only have one vets practice here in Caithness? :confused

Corrie 3
04-Dec-11, 18:48
Do we only have one vets practice here in Caithness? :confused
One in Wick and one in Thurso but owned by the same people !

C3.............;)

annemarie482
04-Dec-11, 18:59
One in Wick and one in Thurso but owned by the same people !

C3.............;)

its enough for me!
used regularly and excellent service. :)

TAFKAL
04-Dec-11, 19:14
They're brilliant! Just taken my poor boy in as an emergency as he has ripped the skin of the whole of his right side. Hamish was brilliant with him! He's having a GA and staying in overnight. Let's hope the 'skin graft' retakes...

annemarie482
04-Dec-11, 19:26
They're brilliant! Just taken my poor boy in as an emergency as he has ripped the skin of the whole of his right side. Hamish was brilliant with him! He's having a GA and staying in overnight. Let's hope the 'skin graft' retakes...

he's in good hands with hamish! sounds sore though, how'd he do it? hope he recovers soon x

TAFKAL
04-Dec-11, 19:37
he's in good hands with hamish! sounds sore though, how'd he do it? hope he recovers soon x

He caught his side on a fence when running full pelt and tore all the skin off :( He made the wow-wow-wow-wow-wow noise for so long and then just whimpered :( He's saluki x grey so very thin skinned. He was such a good boy! Just let me and Hamish just do what we had to to him... Hamish was great with my foal when he damaged his fetlock. He's lovely with the animals.

Corrie 3
04-Dec-11, 19:47
Hamish is a very good Vet indeed, I have nothing but praise for him!!

C3.............:)

annemarie482
04-Dec-11, 20:10
He caught his side on a fence when running full pelt and tore all the skin off :( He made the wow-wow-wow-wow-wow noise for so long and then just whimpered :( He's saluki x grey so very thin skinned. He was such a good boy! Just let me and Hamish just do what we had to to him... Hamish was great with my foal when he damaged his fetlock. He's lovely with the animals.

ouch poor thing :(

and yes hamish is excellent!
he was a god send this summer when the farm horse was spooked by a dog and ended up on her back in a very deep ditch.
no-one, not even the firebrigade thought she was going to survive that.

cazmanian_minx
04-Dec-11, 21:48
I agree, the vets here are fabulous. Had to bring my horse into Thurso for a tendon scan in October - he was sedated, scanned on two machines with Bridget, Hamish and Sinclair all in attendence, we were there for about an hour in total and I was dreading the bill. When it came, I nearly fell over with shock: £67. That would have been a minimum of £200 and probably nearer £500 where we used to live. They've also been brilliant with my older springer spaniel, who has been in and out near-constantly since we got her 2 and a half years ago.

oldmarine
04-Dec-11, 22:03
I agree, the vets here are fabulous. Had to bring my horse into Thurso for a tendon scan in October - he was sedated, scanned on two machines with Bridget, Hamish and Sinclair all in attendence, we were there for about an hour in total and I was dreading the bill. When it came, I nearly fell over with shock: £67. That would have been a minimum of £200 and probably nearer £500 where we used to live. They've also been brilliant with my older springer spaniel, who has been in and out near-constantly since we got her 2 and a half years ago.
From what I read on this thread Vets are working well in your area. People with loved animals need good vets.

cptdodger
04-Dec-11, 22:04
I must admit when I moved here I was surprised there was not a greater choice of vets available, having said that, the vets in Thurso have been brilliant with both my cats, when needed (I've not used Wick) very caring people considering what must be a massive workload to contend with. And Tafkal, I hope your boy gets better soon.

LMS
04-Dec-11, 23:05
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016x4n5

One of the Wick vets is featured in this programme. It is very interesting and although there is some Gaelic spoken, there are subtitles.

Maccy
04-Dec-11, 23:43

Best wishes to your boy, he's in good hand there & will be home before you know it :D.