PDA

View Full Version : New memorial?

Bazeye
04-Dec-11, 18:09
After the tragic death of Danny O'Shea over the weekend, I was just wondering if there was going to be a memorial plaque put up in his memory? After all if there's one in memory to Stephen Lawrence,R.I.P. shouldnt there be one put up in memory to Danny O' Shea, R.I.P? I am not being racist by asking this, just curious.

Corrie 3
04-Dec-11, 18:29
No of course there wont Baz, there wasn't one put up for Kriss Donald who was murdered by racists. I am afraid racism only works one way in this country and that's if it's the coloured minority that is hurt or killed.
It's something we will have to get used to I reckon because I dont think it will ever change......

RIP Danny O'Shea and Kriss Donald!!!

C3............:~(:~(

ducati
04-Dec-11, 20:02
I hadn't seen this story but a quick search produced this quote from his parents:

"We do not know why such a terrible thing happened, but what we do know is that this is not racially motivated as Danny was a popular boy with friends from all cultural backgrounds".

sids
04-Dec-11, 22:11
Baz- why don't you put up a memorial?

Somewhere in Barrow in Whatever.

Bazeye
05-Dec-11, 01:46
Baz- why don't you put up a memorial?

Somewhere in Barrow in Whatever.

Because if I'd have put one up to Stephen Lawrence, I would put one up to Danny O'Shea as well, but I didnt , so I wont. Just wondered who the first one would be, who'd be a little bit argumentative about my post, didnt have my money on you though. Black, ethnic or whatever attacked by whites equals race crime. Vice versa, and the authorities cover it up by saying its not a race issue. Whats the difference? Its either a race hate crime or it isnt, you cant just pick and choose depending on ethnicity.And why would anybody want to commemorate someones brutal, violent death in Barrow in Whatever as it didnt happen here? The memorial plaque to Stephen Lawrence is where he was brutally murdered by racists and not in Barrow in Whatever, so why would it be different for Danny O' Shea? the only reason I'd heard of Kriss Donald was through the internet as there was hardly a murmur in the papers south of the border or on the news. As I said, its either a race hate crime or it isnt. Racism cuts both ways. And if that makes anyone think I'm a racist, well, I'll just have to live with it.

Corrie 3
05-Dec-11, 10:37
I hadn't seen this story but a quick search produced this quote from his parents:

"We do not know why such a terrible thing happened, but what we do know is that this is not racially motivated as Danny was a popular boy with friends from all cultural backgrounds".
Thats a silly statement if I may say so, I wouldn't think for one minute that it was his friends that killed him because he was white. But that doesn't stop a group of blacks who don't know him from chasing and stabbing him just because he is white, just in the same way that Kriss died except Danny wasn't set on fire!!

C3..................:(

gerry4
05-Dec-11, 11:06
I know nothing about the story Corrie3 but if his family believe it was not racially motived, how can you know it was especially as you are so far away and have no real idea about what happened.

Corrie 3
05-Dec-11, 11:08
I know nothing about the story Corrie3 but if his family believe it was not racially motived, how can you know it was especially as you are so far away and have no real idea about what happened.
Unless there was a witness we will never know for sure will we Gerry?....and neither will his Family!

C3...........:(

ducati
05-Dec-11, 16:29
Thats a silly statement if I may say so, I wouldn't think for one minute that it was his friends that killed him because he was white. But that doesn't stop a group of blacks who don't know him from chasing and stabbing him just because he is white, just in the same way that Kriss died except Danny wasn't set on fire!!

C3..................:(

And presumably doesn't fit with your view of the world. :roll:

Corrie 3
05-Dec-11, 17:30
And presumably doesn't fit with your view of the world. :roll:
Sorry Duke, not quite sure what you mean?

C3...............:confused:confused

ducati
05-Dec-11, 19:27
Sorry Duke, not quite sure what you mean?

C3...............:confused:confused

Just why can you not accept, like Danny's family has, that this attack was not racially motivated? You (and Baz) seem to be constantly highlighting any story that has a racial tension theme while always denying you are racist. That sounds like the stance of the BNP to me.

We are not racists but....

Corrie 3
05-Dec-11, 19:43
Just why can you not accept, like Danny's family has, that this attack was not racially motivated? You (and Baz) seem to be constantly highlighting any story that has a racial tension theme while always denying you are racist. That sounds like the stance of the BNP to me.

We are not racists but....
Sorry Duke but I have never started a sentence with "I am not racist but...."
Danny was walking along the street in London, a minibus pulled up and a load of black men got out and killed him...as I said earlier, unless there was a witness no one, not even his family, will know if it was racist or not. As it appears there was no witnesses then no one will never know....but there has to be suspicions!!

C3..........:eek:

sids
05-Dec-11, 20:12
Danny was walking along the street in London, a minibus pulled up and a load of black men got out and killed him...as I said earlier, unless there was a witness no one, not even his family, will know if it was racist or not. As it appears there was no witnesses then no one will never know....but there has to be suspicions!!

That reads as though he was killed for no reason at all.

Corrie 3
05-Dec-11, 20:22
That reads as though he was killed for no reason at all.
Sorry Sids...I never meant it to come over that way but no one will ever know why Danny was killed if there were no witnesses. And is there any good reason for killing anyone anyway?
Sometimes I think people on here get the wrong impression of me, I cant think why because I always say it as I see it!!!!....Now, thats left myself wide open for some abuse hasn't it?...Never mind!

C3..............:roll:;)

Bazeye
05-Dec-11, 20:48

So was Stephen Lawrence, didnt stop him getting murdered by racists.

ducati
05-Dec-11, 23:22

If there were no witnesses how do you know what happened? It could equally be gang related anyway. That aside, the point I was making is why, when presumably, you live in an area that couldn't have less racial tension, do you go looking for it and highlighting it?

Corrie 3
06-Dec-11, 10:41
That aside, the point I was making is why, when presumably, you live in an area that couldn't have less racial tension, do you go looking for it and highlighting it?
I didn't start this thread Duke!!!
All I have quoted has been from the news and when it comes to racism I would like to see a level playing field.

C3.........:eek:

sids
06-Dec-11, 13:50
when it comes to racism I would like to see a level playing field.

Two bigotries don't make a tolerance, you know.

Corrie 3
06-Dec-11, 15:18
Two bigotries don't make a tolerance, you know.
It is a problem that will never go away Sids so why not debate it rather than brush it under the carpet. The Govt can bring as many hate laws as they like out but racism will always be there and I wish it wasn't but it is!!!

C3...............:eek:

Bazeye
06-Dec-11, 15:32
http://www.devilskitchen.me.uk/2005/12/racist-attacks-on-whites-still-figment_03.html

Bazeye
06-Dec-11, 15:42
http://youtu.be/cUjAEdwFZw4

There are hundreds of these incidents happening. I am being racist by asking for a level playing field from the Police/authorities/government?

gerry4
06-Dec-11, 17:35
Unless there was a witness we will never know for sure will we Gerry?....and neither will his Family!

C3...........:(

if we will never know for sure, how can we say it was racially motivated. Also how can a memorial be put up? Can't put one up for every person who is killed

Corrie 3
06-Dec-11, 17:41
if we will never know for sure, how can we say it was racially motivated. Also how can a memorial be put up? Can't put one up for every person who is killed
No but it was wrong of his Family to say it wasn't because he has friends of all ethnicities? How do they know it wasn't, that's what I was getting at! Anyway, the most important thing is that the police catch the scum that did it and they are locked away for a long time!!

C3...............:eek:

picturegifts
06-Dec-11, 18:23
http://youtu.be/cUjAEdwFZw4

"..There are hundreds of these incidents happening.."

Any independent data to back up your claim?
The YouTube link you posted was produced by BNP (see last 5 seconds of clip), and comments from posters suggest that it is faked

Bazeye
06-Dec-11, 20:01
just google Racist attacks on Whites and find them yourself. Next time its reported in the national press that someone has been attacked by "youths", read inbetween the lines a bit, especially if it happened in certain areas such as Slough/Luton/Leicester/Dewsbury/Blackburn/ Tower Hasmlets etc then google the local paper and read it. Its interesting to see what the locals have to say about it it there's a Your Comments facility.

Bazeye
06-Dec-11, 20:19
The fact of the matter is that if a gang of White youths attack an Asian or Black in this country, its immediately reported as a racist attack and its mentioned that the gang were white. If its the other way round, its reported that the assailants were a "gang of youths". Like it or not, that is what is happening in this country.

gleeber
06-Dec-11, 22:03
Like most topics discussed on the org there's no black and white even when discussing race. Apart from the obvious that is and and this case it's a persons skin colour.
The obvious is obvious though and I dont want to be accused of stating the obvious. :lol:
It's what's not so obvious that causes racism. You cant not look at history when discussing anything, let alone racism. At least I dont think we can.
Black people have a lot to be suspicious about and I wouldnt blame them if sometimes they get angry at having to justify themselves because of a small minority of violent thugs who happen to be black.

ducati
06-Dec-11, 22:46
The fact of the matter is that if a gang of White youths attack an Asian or Black in this country, its immediately reported as a racist attack and its mentioned that the gang were white. If its the other way round, its reported that the assailants were a "gang of youths". Like it or not, that is what is happening in this country.

So your 'beef should be with the media who highlight a particular incident and down play another. They do this for sensationalism, to stir up racial tension, in your case it seems to be working.

What racists do is draw attention to negative stories about a particular group and ignore positive stories. That is what the Nazis did, to turn people against the Jews.

if I were you Baz, I would try just googling positive stories about the ethnic groups that worry you, for a week say, see if it makes you feel any better.:roll:

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but you're getting on my tits.

gleeber
06-Dec-11, 23:47
So your 'beef should be with the media who highlight a particular incident and down play another. They do this for sensationalism, to stir up racial tension, in your case it seems to be working.
That's what happens but they would deny it. The real problem is they believe it.

Bazeye
07-Dec-11, 01:06

What racists do is draw attention to negative stories about a particular group and ignore positive stories. That is what the Nazis did, to turn people against the Jews.

if I were you Baz, I would try just googling positive stories about the ethnic groups that worry you, for a week say, see if it makes you feel any better.:roll:

And this gets on mine

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-slag-FREED.html

ducati
07-Dec-11, 10:05
And this gets on mine

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-slag-FREED.html

Well there's your problem, stop reading the Daily Mail.

Corrie 3
07-Dec-11, 10:40

Sorry Duke but your post doesn't make sense. You are saying it's the media that are racist and stir up racial tension?? So the reporting on Stephen Lawrence was to turn blacks against whites? Why would they do this? And on the other hand, if they had sensationalised the killing of Kriss Donald it should, in your theory, turned whites against Asians. So why, in your opinion, do the press want to turn blacks against whites but not whites against Asians? It doesn't make sense and I for one think you know there is a problem but you just want to sweep it under the carpet.
And can I add that if Baz is getting on your nerves with this thread then don't read it, much the same advice as you gave him about reading the Mail!

C3...............:roll::roll:

ducati
07-Dec-11, 11:23
I think the BNP get quite enough exposure, I don't think we need their propaganda here. Do you?

Corrie 3
07-Dec-11, 11:36
I think the BNP get quite enough exposure, I don't think we need their propaganda here. Do you?
Ha, I see, you fail to answer the question so divert the thread onto the BNP as do most people who just want to sweep it under the carpet!
Never mind!

C3...........:roll:

ducati
07-Dec-11, 12:10
Ha, I see, you fail to answer the question so divert the thread onto the BNP as do most people who just want to sweep it under the carpet!
Never mind!

C3...........:roll:

What was the question? Do you really want me to explain why the press do what they do? I don't really know, to sell newspapers I guess. The BNP reference was to the fake propaganda film the OP linked to. It tells me all I need to know.

Corrie 3
07-Dec-11, 14:55
What was the question? Do you really want me to explain why the press do what they do? I don't really know, to sell newspapers I guess. The BNP reference was to the fake propaganda film the OP linked to. It tells me all I need to know.
No, I would like you to explain the differing types of reporting in the Lawrence and the Donald case? Why did one get daily press and the other one hardly got a mention.
And yes, the good old BNP, that's everyone's get out clause when they deny a race problem and just want to shut their eyes to it!!
I don't know where you lived in England Duke but I have worked in a lot of cities and seen it with my own eyes, now I am permanently at home I am far away from it but it still worries me!!!

C3.....................:roll:

ducati
07-Dec-11, 15:12
No, I would like you to explain the differing types of reporting in the Lawrence and the Donald case? Why did one get daily press and the other one hardly got a mention.
And yes, the good old BNP, that's everyone's get out clause when they deny a race problem and just want to shut their eyes to it!!
I don't know where you lived in England Duke but I have worked in a lot of cities and seen it with my own eyes, now I am permanently at home I am far away from it but it still worries me!!!

C3.....................:roll:

Lived in Manchester for instance. Why does it worry you? Do you think a black man is going to kill you? You need help!

Corrie 3
07-Dec-11, 19:07
You need help!Lets hope it's not you that needs help next time you go South Duke!!!
(and still you have not answered the question)??

C3..................:eek::roll:

golach
07-Dec-11, 19:58
Lets hope it's not you that needs help next time you go South Duke!!!C3..................:eek::roll:

Aye Ducati, come to Edinburgh, we have the white supremists down here
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/around-the-capital/teen_tells_of_attack_by_racist_bus_thug_1_1991774

Corrie 3
07-Dec-11, 20:37
Aye Ducati, come to Edinburgh, we have the white supremists down here
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/around-the-capital/teen_tells_of_attack_by_racist_bus_thug_1_1991774
I think this article sums it up very well!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/oct/22/ukcrime.race

C3...................:eek:

ducati
08-Dec-11, 08:54
I think this article sums it up very well!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/oct/22/ukcrime.race

C3...................:eek:

In 1999 the Commission for Racial Equality published a report that concluded that most racial crimes were committed against white people, although it pointed out that at the time white people made up 94 per cent of the population and that, proportionally, black and Asian people were still far more likely to be victims of race attacks.

It's not rocket science :roll:

Bazeye
08-Dec-11, 11:52
Suppose I better stop reading the Express as well.http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/288539/Leo-McKinstry

ducati
08-Dec-11, 11:59
Suppose I better stop reading the Express as well.http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/288539/Leo-McKinstry

Yep. That would be my advice. Would you like me to post some links to positive opinions just to get you started?

Corrie 3
08-Dec-11, 12:01
Mmm!! Interesting article, thanks Baz.
Isn't the Express known as a Tory paper? Ducati is a Tory, it will be interesting to see how he sweeps this one under the carpet!!!

C3.........:eek:

Corrie 3
08-Dec-11, 12:04
Oooops, too late, he's swept it under the carpet before I had time to blink!!!
Are there any papers that we can read Duke?

C3............:eek:

ducati
08-Dec-11, 14:15
Oooops, too late, he's swept it under the carpet before I had time to blink!!!
Are there any papers that we can read Duke?

C3............:eek:

I thought you were complaining that the press don't reflect the world you believe in? :confused

I personally don't read any newspapers. Not even the Groat!

Bazeye
08-Dec-11, 18:11
Yep. That would be my advice. Would you like me to post some links to positive opinions just to get you started?

If you must, but this thread isnt about the positive and negative aspects, its about the inequality of the reporting,sentencing and lack of level playing field in general. Re the attack by 4 Somali girls, how the hell did they only get a suspended sentence for that? Do you honestly think that if 4 white girls did that to a Somali girl they would have got the same? I dont. Another example is the you tube clip of a woman on the tram in South London racially abusing other passengers, locked up over christmas and had her kids taken into care. What hasnt been reported is the death threats she's had on you tube by ethnics. Have they been prosecuted? What do you think? I'm not bothered what race attacks/abuses/threatens any other, all I want is equality and fairness in the reporting, sentencing etc